Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2007, 17:05   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svel View Post
I mind. But Maruti is not known for high quality NVH characteristics anyway. So, this is not something unexpected.

Good to know that it matches NHC in interier space.
Swift is decent in terms of NVH. Cant say the same about the rest of the lineup. Perhaps the huge tires contribute to the noise.
Old 8th May 2007, 17:07   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Do you work for OD??

You cant defy the laws of physics, can you?? What technology does the SX4 have, it has no Variable valve, the best engine below 1.7L in petrol is the Honda City Vtec and if it cant give more then 11 in Bombay, no way is a SX4 going to
Err - I tend to agree with you on that. The extra 100-150 kgs and wider tyres are not going to help the SX4's case for FE any further.
Old 8th May 2007, 17:45   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Buddy, Swift in Mumbai stop-go traffic give around 10kpml, so a 1.6 liter car with 40mm wider tyre and obesity of 200kgs is 100% going to give single digit FE. My bet its not going to return more then 9kmpl in stop go traffic. When Optra 1.6 with VGIS give just 9.5 why would the SX4 give more, it doesnot run on air, does it
Maybe you should reexamine your driving style. A friend of mine, who owns a Swift, and lives in your city, reports about 13 kmpl. And he's not particularly conservative when he finds an open stretch. And VGIS is not the be-all and end-all of automotive technology, despite what the Optra salesman tells you.

Quote:
You cant defy the laws of physics, can you?? What technology does the SX4 have, it has no Variable valve, the best engine below 1.7L in petrol is the Honda City Vtec and if it cant give more then 11 in Bombay, no way is a SX4 going to
Evidently you have a lot to learn about fluid dynamics and engine design. How do you call the Honda Vtec engine the 'best'? It's far slower than its 10 year older brother, and gives less mileage than the Baleno. If my Baleno can give 15.8 and Mclaren's can give close to 17 in BLR traffic, I see no reason why the SX4 cannot break into double digits. If it doesn't, I will be disappointed.
Old 8th May 2007, 17:49   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
If my Baleno can give 15.8 and Mclaren's can give close to 17 in BLR traffic, I see no reason why the SX4 cannot break into double digits. If it doesn't, I will be disappointed.
are those figures from McLarens car when it was completely modded? Was it light foot driving or driving at full blast? If these figures are under normal driving conditions then I am floored and all I can do is ! Brilliant figures I must say.
Old 8th May 2007, 17:51   #50
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Pics !!!!!!!

A pic of the car :

Integrated Stereo :

Dashboard borrowed from the swift :

Engine Bay :

ECU in the engine bay :

SUV like Ground Clearance :

16'' Enkei alloys :

A pillar doesn't look that bad in person :

Last edited by Samurai : 8th May 2007 at 18:13. Reason: Fixed image links
Old 8th May 2007, 17:56   #51
BHPian

Fe!

Hi Guys,
This FE thing confuses me a bit...

Take my example: I drive about 35km a day. Including weekend jaunts and days of no driving etc., I assume a average of 35x365=12,775 kms a year. If the SX4 returns 9kmpl instead of 11, I consume 260 ltrs of extra fuel a year. That translates to about 12~13,000 rs every year or 1000 a month.

Is that really that much a dent that GBs and TBs of data is devoted to the endless discussions!!

Please, No offences meant to anyone - Just wanted to understand the reason behind this discussion.

Last edited by Xsailor : 8th May 2007 at 17:59. Reason: Typo
Old 8th May 2007, 18:00   #52
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
are those figures from McLarens car when it was completely modded? Was it light foot driving or driving at full blast? If these figures are under normal driving conditions then I am floored and all I can do is ! Brilliant figures I must say.
Yes , it was 17kmpl with stage 2 mods .. And 10+ with 12 CR .. And now I am getting about 13kmpl .. And yes these figures are with a light foot with shifts mostly at 1750-2000 rpm ..

PS : Sorry about the pics guys .. Looks like there is a problem with my connection .. Hosted the images at imageshack and put up the pics directly here .. For some reason they aren't visible .. Shall repost the pics again ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 8th May 2007 at 18:02.
Old 8th May 2007, 18:02   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Yes , it was 17kmpl with stage 2 mods .. And 10+ with 12 CR .. And now I am getting about 13kmpl .. And yes these figures are with a light foot with shifts mostly at 1750-2000 rpm ..
Still a very nice figure for city driving with those mods.
Old 8th May 2007, 18:02   #54
Senior - BHPian

Mcl, I can't see the pics.

Initial impressions: Car is HIGH. Different tyre sizes, I wonder how they will calibrate speedos. The wheel arches need 17"s or 18"s to look good. Suzuki sells a nice bodykit, and hopefully we'll see it sometime. Engine revs smooth and silent. This initial lot is imported, and there is a lot of stuff that isn't Indian. Suspension is Showa, not Munjal Showa, for example. Exhaust is made out of the same SS material that the GReddy ones are made of. Wheels are Enkei. Let's see how long this lasts.

Interior quality is ok. Better than the Swift, but not Vtec league. But then, it IS 1.3 lakhs cheaper. Same Swift dials, dash, vents, switches, window buttons, handles, etc. Boring, if you're familiar with the Swift. Rear legroom is good, even with the front seat all the way back, my knees don't touch it. And I'm not Stumpy. Though I suspect it's just a wee bit more than the Baleno. Steering wheel still not adjustable for rake. Provision for separate tweeter mounts in the front door. Stereo is basic, and a bit of a bother on the ZXI. Does play MP3s and WMA, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Well, once it had its headwork done and headers fitted. He kept it below 2000 rpm as much as he could, and there was the occasional throat-clearing and Honda-baiting.
Old 8th May 2007, 18:46   #55
Senior - BHPian

Mumbai pricing : -

Vxi - 6,29,832 + 47,513(RTO) + 21,466(Insurance) +1200(MGA - Mat) + 7990 (Extended Warranty) = 7,08,001 OTR Vashi

Zxi - 6,98,087 + 52,291(RTO) + 23,412(Insurance) +1200(MGA - Mat) + 7990 (Extended Warranty) = 7,82,980 OTR Vashi

Zxi with leather - 7,31,734 + 54,646(RTO) + 24,371(Insurance) +1200(MGA - Mat) + 7990 (Extended Warranty) = 8,19,941 OTR Vashi
Old 8th May 2007, 18:56   #56
Senior - BHPian

With those prices, it is a sure shot Honda killer. Mouth watering ...

Now only if people get over the 'HO' fixation ...
Old 8th May 2007, 18:58   #57
BHPian

Today I had chance to visit CARS India at Cenatoph road to check the new SX4. As most have you in the posts have talked abt looks and other stuffs, am not going into detail.

I did notice that the Automatic Climate control din't have a digital display like the Swift. There was a display on top of the centre console with a digital clock, but I was told that it refers to the outside temprature. Can somebody confirm this?.

Also I had a chance to sit in the rear seat with driver's seat fully pushed back. My head hit the roof (I am 6'2). It's not very comfy for tall people at the back.
Old 8th May 2007, 19:20   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwa View Post
I did notice that the Automatic Climate control din't have a digital display like the Swift. There was a display on top of the centre console with a digital clock, but I was told that it refers to the outside temprature. Can somebody confirm this?
Yes, the climacon doesn't have a display. Odd, na?
Old 8th May 2007, 19:24   #59
Team-BHP Support

Saw the car at RNS hosur, to be very honest it doesnt look bad at all in real life. Sorry to offend City owners BUT i felt this car is much better off in looks department. Started appreciating the looks within 5 mts and new city till date hasnt made me look twice at it.

Yes it has tremendous ground clearance, was comparing it with the tow gypsy parked on side. Interiors are quite neat and airy.

OT @ Geek, saw the azure grey car also and i am retracting my recommendation of that color, stick to Black itself, it will be a stunner.

Couldn test drive coz they are still awaiting temp reg numbers.

Overall definitely a winner!!
Old 8th May 2007, 19:27   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Yes, the climacon doesn't have a display. Odd, na?
Odd?? Not possible IMHO. I am certain the la Swift center console display serves the dual purpose of time as well as Inside/outside temps. Otherwise, with no temp controller, the thing will work like any conventional themostat control.

What say?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks