Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2022, 12:15   #46
BHPian

Re: Serendipity: Taking home a Pre-owned Tata Hexa XTA

+1 to TASS attitude towards honouring warranty
. When I had my Punto , service was still via tata and I found their service ( Concorde Mumbai) the best among all the cars I’ve owned. They were transparent, very warm and the quality of work done was definitely above average. I think they get a bad rap sometime unfairly. I’ve had sub par experiences with Ford , Honda and fiat service ( once the agreement with tata expired ) i do feel they have come a long way
howler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 17:32   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by howler View Post
+1 to TASS attitude towards honouring warranty
. When I had my Punto , service was still via tata and I found their service ( Concorde Mumbai) the best among all the cars I’ve owned. They were transparent, very warm and the quality of work done was definitely above average. I think they get a bad rap sometime unfairly. I’ve had sub par experiences with Ford , Honda and fiat service ( once the agreement with tata expired ) i do feel they have come a long way
Thanks for sharing your experience howler!

The process of warranty claim was extremely smooth at TASS. They were not hesitant to change the required parts. On the other hand, way back in 2014, I had to pay from my own pocket to change a few parts for swift during the second service which should have been covered under warranty. I was way to naive back then.

I guess TASS is on the right path since you say that they have come a long way. Hopefully I should not have any troubles maintaining the Hexa in future.

Cheers,
Prashant
Prashant1286 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 17:53   #48
BHPian

I always enjoy reading car ownership write-ups like these . But don't you think that so many issues with only 40k kms on the odo is a tad much. Especially with things like engine mounts etc which should last for a long time .
shrjun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 18:17   #49
BHPian

Thanks for sharing this experience. My experience with TASS for my Hexa is also similar. They are overwhelmed with work. Need to have more staff. One good thing I felt was they try their level best. But they have their own knowledge limitations when it comes to complex issues with Hexa. Still better than the Maruti showroom attached service centres who try to bloat up the bills.
busydrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 19:21   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrjun View Post
I always enjoy reading car ownership write-ups like these . But don't you think that so many issues with only 40k kms on the odo is a tad much. Especially with things like engine mounts etc which should last for a long time .
Most Tata diesel engines are a bit harsh on the engine mounts, this happens on almost all their engines 4 Cyl, 3 Cyl. In this case it was correctly diagnosed before something bad happened.
Kosfactor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 02:28   #51

Hi
Prashant1286

I would like to reach you as i'm interested in buying an used Hexa
your thread was source of inspiration
TN59_1000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2022, 17:07   #52

Hi Prashant1286.

Many congratulations for your choice and wonderful purchase.

As a fellow Hexa XTA owner, I can assure you that you have taken a good decision. I agree there are some issues with Tata's level of service commitment, however, the sheer brilliance of the vehicle is more than capable to cover for the misses.

I have had my Beast since Sep 2018 and have clocked ~44,000 KM till date. I have not encountered any issue barring a few. I am listing so you can check in your car as well;

1. Left Ball joint was worn, resulting in alignment issue - This impacted my tyre tread to an extent. It was not very severe, however led to uneven wearing on one tyre. I am still driving on the same tyre and will be changing in another ~10,000 Km by my estimate.

2. The rear wiper replacement is a big pain. Most of TASS does not carry it readily. I have taken help from FNG's to get it retrofitted - inserting new wiper rubber in the old original wiper body.

3. The original jack and rod for bringing the spare wheel down are useless. Invest in a compatible solid rod as well as a 4T hydraulic jack. Remember to keep a wooden block to place the hydraulic jack.

4. I have been adding a diesel fuel additive for past 2 years now and the injectors run clean and the engine is refined. There are multiple brands online, you can chosse as per your linking.

Hope this helps. Wishing you loads of miles and smiles ahead.
MohalV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 23:36   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrjun View Post
Hi shrjun!

Sorry for the delayed reply. Was extremely busy over the last few weeks.

I don't think that it's an issue at all. The smoothness of a car is a subjective thing. it depends on how one perceives it. The previous owner was happy the way the car was driving. Infact, he had told me it's a bit coarse because it is a diesel car.

Parts do wear off with time and usage. The mounts had not 'failed'. They were simple rubber parts/ bushings which had gone hard. Since, I wanted that 'out-of-showroom' smoothness, I was ready to pay for consumables. TASS only helped me out by changing these rubber mounts with new ones under warranty. The results were impressive.

However, with Tata cars, you need to have patience and a good relation at TASS. While we wish Toyota reliability at Tata price, it's not going to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by busydrive View Post
My experience with TASS for my Hexa is also similar. They are overwhelmed with work. Need to have more staff. One good thing I felt was they try their level best. But they have their own knowledge limitations when it comes to complex issues with Hexa.
I absolutely echo your thoughts busydrive! They indeed try their best, but fall short because of lack of knowledge, training, understanding or experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Most Tata diesel engines are a bit harsh on the engine mounts, this happens on almost all their engines 4 Cyl, 3 Cyl. In this case it was correctly diagnosed before something bad happened.
Thank you for this information Kosfactor! Will keep an eye on these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN59_1000 View Post
I would like to reach you as i'm interested in buying an used Hexa
Hi TN59_1000! Since I can't DM you, please mention your e-mail ID. I shall mail you my contact details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohalV View Post
Hi Prashant1286.

Many congratulations for your choice and wonderful purchase. I am listing so you can check in your car as well
Thank you MohalV, both, for your kind words and for the pointers you shared. I shall keep these in mind. I am also sending you a DM regarding the hydraulic jack. Your experience gives me encouragement to try additives. Will do so shortly. Thanks again!

@ all: Wish you safe roads and wonderful journeys guys!
Prashant1286 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 03:40   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prashant1286 View Post
Hi shrjun!

Hi TN59_1000! Since I can't DM you, please mention your e-mail ID. I shall mail you my contact details.
Hello Prashant1286

Thank you and My email is shoot 1 email @ gmail

MOD NOTE : Spaced out the email ID so that it can not be spammed. And please, quote *ONLY* the relevant bits of a post while replying.
Thanks.

Last edited by Sheel : 16th May 2022 at 08:31. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 16th May 2022, 08:41   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Thank you MohalV, both, for your kind words and for the pointers you shared. I shall keep these in mind. I am also sending you a DM regarding the hydraulic jack. Your experience gives me encouragement to try additives. Will do so shortly. Thanks again!
Hi!

The beauty of an open forum like Team-BHP is, members and visitors can see the discussion and get information about things being discussed. Sharing something over a PM, will help one or two people, sharing information publically will help a lot more.

Request you & other BHPians to share information out on the open forum, unless it is something personal (phone numbers etc).

Thanks.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2022, 01:08   #56

Quote:
Hello Prashant1286

[b]MOD NOTE : please, quote *ONLY* the relevant bits of a post while replying.
Thanks.
Sure and Thank you. sorry i'm new in posting.
Old 26th May 2022, 22:35   #57
BHPian

Quote:
My email is shoot 1 email @ gmail
Hi TN59_1000!

Please check your email brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Sharing something over a PM, will help one or two people, sharing information publicly will help a lot more.
Hi Sheel!

Point taken. Will comply in future.

Regards.
Old 31st May 2022, 16:59   #58
BHPian

Posting my query here. Mods please delete, if this is not the appropriate thread.

I have been looking to buy a used Hexa for some time now in Delhi/NCR and have located a September 2018 Hexa XTA 7-seater, driven for around 42,000 km and maintained well. The owner has shared the complete service and insurance history with me and there are no red flags. The car is under extended warranty till September 2023 and should give additional peace of mind. The asking price is 12.5 lacs and it is surely negotiable. There are 3 issues:
a) The previous owner bought it on a company lease and when he left the company, he got the vehicle. The car is thus already second owner on paper. This would be an issue when I want to sell again in the next 3-4 years. I am highly skeptical of the resale value
b) The driver seat seems damaged and was swinging like a pendulum. I will ask him to get this corrected if the deal goes through
c) Since it's a 2018 version, the infotainment system is without Android Auto. Having used it extensively in my current car (Nexon), I am a convert. Would it make sense to update the HU to a compatible one aftermarket?

The car is definitely in good condition but I am mostly worried about the number of owners. From what I understand, it will not be hard to get a first-owner car at around 12-12.5 lacs. Given this, what should be my quote? Also, does it even make sense to go for a second-owner car if I want to keep it for 3 years and 50,000 km? Any guidance will be highly appriciated.
Old 5th June 2022, 23:41   #59
BHPian

As someone who's bought a 2018 XMA with 42K km on it this February, I would strongly recommend that you go ahead if the car is mechanically solid. You have gained from enough of a depreciation from the new car price that your resale loss three years later shouldn't put any significant dent on your pocket.

The driver's seat is a small thing to fix (or replace), and may even serve as a bargaining ploy if you're otherwise convinced with the car. Do check for the the typical Hexa gremlins like exhaust pipe crack, ATF condition (coolant mix issue), EGR condition, etc.

My car didn't come with Android Auto. I use my Samsung Tab S5e as my primary HU affixed with Blackstar magnets, and couldn't be happier. You get the properly tuned acoustics of the stock setup and the software wizardry of the latest Android version. I also have my Amazon Echo dot in the car connected over AUX (for quick voice activated music), and a 4G WIFI router connected through a 12V router UPS (to account for power discontinuities) that provides WIFI internet for all the devices in the car.

For a setup that costs <30k, you'd be hard-pressed to find something with a better ROI than this!
vijaysrk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2023, 14:57   #60

Quote:
Brief review for 2019 Hexa XTA.
Hi Prashant1286,

Hope you are having a wonderful journey with your Hexa. I happened to reach your story when I was in search of owning a pre-owned Hexa and your story inspires me more to own one.

I had narrowed down few pre-owned Hexa's in chennai and happened to check one in person which is with a dealer. It is a 2018 XT manual model with 70k kms on the odo. I did a test drive for few kms and following are my observations.
  • No unwanted engine vibrations
  • Clucth was smooth(The car already travelled through heavy traffic for 45 mins before reaching me)
  • Pickup was very good and brakes have good bite feel
  • AC was in mint condition
  • Tyres still have 60 to 70 % life
  • Looks like it was previously owned by a team-bhp followed who is very much interested in travelling long and to hills.

I'm gonna heave the car checked with a trusted mechanic and also at TASS, but I'm not sure if I can go with a Hexa which has already clocked 70k kms.
The price they are quoting is 13 lakhs and negotiable.

Could you please help me with your opinion on whether to buy a 70k kms Hexa and also what would be a reasonable price for such a car based on your opinion.

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks