Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2022, 11:26   #31
BHPian

Re: Fun for Four | My Pre-Worshipped Porsche Panamera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
I was surprised to see the trip details when I got home just to see the FE stats - 14.9 KPL with 3 adults and a full luggage.
The VAG 3.0 V6 TDI gives excellent fuel economy when one drives with a light foot.

The maximum I have seen is 16.2kmpl on my 2012 touareg, when I had set the cruise at 80kmph with 5 passengers.

Here I had driven from Shirdi to Thane

When driven normally I get around 12-14kmpl on highway depending upon the traffic on highway.

In the city I get 6-8kmpl

However when I had measured from tank to tank method I have found that the MID shows 0.5-1kmpl extra
Atharva4545 is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 13:32   #32
BHPian

An incredible buy. If someone were to ask me about my dream car. It would be the Porsche Panamera without the shadow of a doubt. I continue to search for it on the internet and even browsing the pictures of this car in different colors would run my imagination wild. I am infatuated by the flowing design, the low slung, the picture of its beautiful interiors, the engine bay, and the number of features accompanied by this car. If there is a car that one would be driving in one's dreams, it would be the Porsche Panamera. It's like you are invited to a pompous wedding and you have the guests arrived and the bride and bridegroom are on stage gathering the attention of all and yet suddenly a stunning beauty arrives and you have all the guest's attention, all heads turn in that direction, she gives the bride and bridegroom a run for its money in terms of the attention she gathers! It's that kind of infatuation I have for the Porsche Panamera. It makes other cars look mundane!--Please excuse this expression, other car owners, It's my imagination running wild again!!?

A car maker that bears the last name of Ferdinand Porsche, who made a substantial contribution to the German second world war effort during the first half of the 20th century, and contributed immensely to the creation of the 'People's car': Volkswagen (Modern Day Volkswagen Beetle). Sometimes I wonder who came to first Porsche or Volkswagen!!?. The carmaker has the racing lineage and it percolates down to its other car offerings. Porsche has the reputation for making the best handling cars in the world!
The distinct design language of the carmaker makes itself conspicuous in all its offerings. This is the carmaker that a few years ago made an audacious attempt to own Volkswagen, even though it failed. It was like a small fish trying to eat the big fish! The news was quite astonishing in the automobile world at that time. I think I should stop now otherwise I would continue to go on and on and add embellishments to the car and its car maker.

Kindly confirm, whether you would continue with the ASC for servicing and parts replacement?
Have you thought about an independent garage that may in the future service your car?
Have you already chosen an independent car parts website for parts procurement?

Congratulations and once again an incredible buy, If I were in your place, I would say 'A dream come true.' Hope we get to hear more about the wonderful moments you are going to have with the Porsche Panamera. Please keep us posted.
ritedhawan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 16:01   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Great to see the car actually being used rather than being a garage queen!
I know right, Felt bad for the previous owner who drove only 5500 kms!

Quote:
By the way, I spotted you guys last week at BKC when you took this
click! Was parked opposite, admiring the line up.
Dam, Was a small impromptu drive, See you around soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokengrip View Post
Those are some serious miles and some seriously impressive FE. Always nice to witness somebody making the most of a machine like this.
Cars like these are built to be driven, have really enjoyed those kms i have driven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSarkar1 View Post
So nice to see a Panamera being used the way it should be!
Indeed.

Quote:
What are the FE figures she is returning in peak Mumbai traffic? The FE on these runs were absolutely fabulous for a car of this size and power.
Peak mumbai traffic the car manages 8-9 KPL easily.

Quote:
Have the new mounts made any difference to the smoothness etc?
Oh yes, Then engine sound and vibration has reduced a lot and even smoother than before, Mounts were not needed but decided would have been manageble for another year i suppose but decided to swap them anyway.

Quote:
Would love to read more threads on this beauty in the future!
Surely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay_868 View Post
Congrats for the awesome experience so far. Was still addicted to your earlier F10 530d ownership thread and now this is just amazing
That’s some great mileage you are getting that most of petrol cars can only think of.
Thanks man, Indeed the FE was a pleasant surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmine_pepper View Post
lovely to see the panny getting to strech her legs in some beautiful landscapes. can you elaborate on the paint overcoat part? did u add one new paint coat or a protection film?
One new paint coat.

Quote:
Btw way i have one newer steering wheel lying with me .let me know if you are interested. ��
Will PM You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atharva4545 View Post
The VAG 3.0 V6 TDI gives excellent fuel economy when one drives with a light foot.
True, When not in sports mode and just cruising FE is surprisingly good, Max i have seen is 17.2 kpl.

Quote:
The maximum I have seen is 16.2kmpl on my 2012 touareg, when I had set the cruise at 80kmph with 5 passengers.
Touareg is one of my favourite cars, and those FE numbers are very good for a SUV doing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritedhawan View Post
Kindly confirm, whether you would continue with the ASC for servicing and parts replacement?
Have you thought about an independent garage that may in the future service your car?
Have you already chosen an independent car parts website for parts procurement?
I am already maintaining the car at Red Line Autohaus here in Mumbai, Parts are either sourced by them or i have sourced it directly from Porsche UAE.

Quote:
Congratulations and once again an incredible buy, If I were in your place, I would say 'A dream come true.' Hope we get to hear more about the wonderful moments you are going to have with the Porsche Panamera. Please keep us posted.
Thanks man.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 20:45   #34
Senior - BHPian

With a heavy heart and with some undecided events coming soon, A german SUV is needed which is making me part ways with the panny right after i got it back from Redline Autohaus with new front discs installed !

Its like i did all the preventive maintence,literally every single thing and ill have to sell it now.

Will prefer someone from the community to enjoy panny, its live on the classifieds.

Been a memorable 27-28k kms with her....
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 15:06   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
With a heavy heart and with some undecided events coming soon, A german SUV is needed which is making me part ways with the panny right after i got it back from Redline Autohaus with new front discs installed !

Its like i did all the preventive maintence,literally every single thing and ill have to sell it now.

Will prefer someone from the community to enjoy panny, its live on the classifieds.

Been a memorable 27-28k kms with her....
That is unfortunate. I loved reading your post and hoped to see this reach 100k kms.

I am looking to purchase a used Panamera on the same budget as yours, I'm coming across vehicles that are about 7 or 8+ years old and clocked about 20-30k. I'm concerned about the reliability and the maintenance costs given the age. I prefer to buy brand-new cars for reliability and worry-free maintenance, however, in this case, there's a significant difference between a brand-new and a used one.

As a previous owner of a used Panamera, I want to get your experience about the reliability of the vehicle and the maintenance costs associated with it. I'm also worried about the availability of the spares, request you to comment on it.
vbathina is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks