Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2022, 00:15   #76
BHPian

Re: 2022 Audi A4 Premium Review | A case for the base spec | EDIT: 14,500 kms up already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
My White Unicorn Review Link (2014 Honda City SV CVT Automatic - My White Unicorn) got a sibling this Dusshera: The Blue Unicorn

Details of Blue Unicorn:
  • Car: Audi A4.
  • Variant: Premium
  • Exterior Color: Navarra Blue
  • Interior Color: Beige
  • KMs Clocked: ~1.8K
Attachment 2388831

My Initial criteria:
============
  • Budget: 40L OTR Bangalore[Karnataka has 20% road tax]
  • SUV
  • 5 star NCAP rating (for me safety is more important than features)
  • AWD (not offroader - just for that extra peace of mind )
  • Engine: Preferably Petrol as my annual run is going to be low but fine with Diesel if refined
  • Seating Capacity: 5

SUVs considered in ascending order through the journey : (some did not meet above criteria but more details below):
======================================
  • 2020 Tucson
  • VW Tiguan
  • Skoda Kodiaq
  • Citroen C5 Aircross
  • BMW X1
  • Mahindra XUV 700
  • 2022 Tucson
Congratulations! What a beautiful machine!
The good thing about Audi is their moderate design language which makes the cars elegant even after years of ownership.
May this car bring the greatest memories and adventures to your life.

I thought of asking… You mentioned your budget of ~ 40L and I see that you ignored/missed Skoda Superb, Toyota Camry, Jeep Compass, Toyota Fortuner, etc. Even in luxury segments, there were cars like Jaguar XE, Mercedes-Benz GLA & A Class, BMW 2 Series, etc.

So, what influenced your decision to pick A4 when the above cars also (almost) satisfy the requirements you mentioned earlier?

I believe A4 was “love @ first sight” for you.
Briarean is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2022, 10:56   #77
BHPian

Re: 2022 Audi A4 Premium Review | A case for the base spec | EDIT: 14,500 kms up already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briarean View Post
Congratulations! What a beautiful machine!
The good thing about Audi is their moderate design language which makes the cars elegant even after years of ownership.
May this car bring the greatest memories and adventures to your life.

I thought of asking… You mentioned your budget of ~ 40L and I see that you ignored/missed Skoda Superb, Toyota Camry, Jeep Compass, Toyota Fortuner, etc. Even in luxury segments, there were cars like Jaguar XE, Mercedes-Benz GLA & A Class, BMW 2 Series, etc.

So, what influenced your decision to pick A4 when the above cars also (almost) satisfy the requirements you mentioned earlier?

I believe A4 was “love @ first sight” for you.
Thank You for wishes.

Inputs to your other queries:

- Skoda Superb: Its a beautiful car. OTR is about 46L in Bangalore for L&K which is only variant I feel ticks feature boxes. This wasn't in the list as it is a sedan and was exceeding budget already

- Jeep Compass: My bad. This was in the list and now that you mentioned, I have no clue how I missed capturing it. So I did take test drive of top end 4x4/AWD model which comes only in Diesel. Amazing experience at the dealer here as well and SA was very helpful. During the test drive, I did feel the gear box a bit confused during lower speeds. Also though it is built strong, from inside, I felt the car is cramped and did not give airy feeling in the rear. This was about 36L OTR.

- Toyota Fortuner: Too big for my need. I cannot relate myself driving this myself in Bangalore city roads. Also, this was about 50L OTR for 4WD variant.

- Toyota Camry: Beautiful car with solid Toyota reliability but again about 55L OTR

In luxury segment, GLA was way beyond my budget as petrol engine is nothing great and diesel is about 60L OTR. A class and BMW 2 series are pretty cramped.

Somehow once you cross a certain threshold, it is difficult to relate spending so much on a non luxury brand if you see.

I feel Audi A4 is a good blend of comfort, performance, beauty and luxury for the price. The 3 series and Merc C are super expensive. As you rightly said, the 'Love at first sight' element was there

Hope this helps

Last edited by neel911 : 16th December 2022 at 10:58.
neel911 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2022, 16:57   #78

Could you please mention what was your final OTR and what is the extent of discount you were able to get?
AB93 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 00:30   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Accessories:
CR70 sun film on rear and sides
Aren't sunfilms still illegal ? I live in that city (chandigarh) of the country where I am sure to get a challan even if I have a sunshade installed only on the rear windshield. So having even a minimal % of sunfilm is out of question for me.

I am curious to know if that's not the case in other parts of the country or if cops don't bother much.
Old 5th February 2023, 12:23   #80

Hi Members,

Just needed a quick update from all you wonderful Audi A4 owners, I have just purchased an A4 MY23 in Dec-2022 month and roughly done about 1K kms. yet, i have observed that everyday morning on first start the engine vibrates for some 20-30 seconds before it starts running smooth & also every time it wakes from hybrid mode it shudders a bit while starting..is this normal OR has some insights which i need to know..
Old 12th February 2023, 23:38   #81
BHPian

Great review and clearly you have a knack for storytelling! I have a Polo. Have driven Creta and 1.2 ltr Maruti's extensively, whenever I drive those, reminds me of what the SA told me when I was taking delivery "sir, you are buying a German car as the first car, you will never be able to buy anything else".

I really look forward to - the perspective of a Vento and Jetta owner on long term ownership of A4, with this level of detailing and prose skills!
Shobhitsaxena is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 16:39   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satin76 View Post
Hi Members,

Just needed a quick update from all you wonderful Audi A4 owners, I have just purchased an A4 MY23 in Dec-2022 month and roughly done about 1K kms. yet, i have observed that everyday morning on first start the engine vibrates for some 20-30 seconds before it starts running smooth & also every time it wakes from hybrid mode it shudders a bit while starting..is this normal OR has some insights which i need to know..
Congrats and welcome to the A4 tribe

The engine vibration shouldn't be so much that it is disconcerting. But I presume it could be possibly due to just a "cold" engine.

As for the hybrid mode, I guess you are referring to the Auto Start-Stop mode? The "waking up" shudder from this start-stop mode, is again subjective. For us drivers (specially of the TBHP kind ), the feeling can be distinctive. But for co-passengers, they might not observe anything at all!

Suggest to switch it off, the moment you step inside and crank the ignition. Audi's claims of using this hybrid/ auto start-stop mode in improving fuel efficiency is hardly the case.
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 17:05   #83
BHPian

The SA is offering Technology variant at 57 lakhs and 52 lakhs on Premium plus model this month. Is this a good deal ? Or should I push for more discounts.
ramb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 17:21   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramb View Post
The SA is offering Technology variant at 57 lakhs and 52 lakhs on Premium plus model this month. Is this a good deal ? Or should I push for more discounts.

If this includes Extended Warranty and 5 year Service Package, I would say it is a decent deal looking at how much the prices have increased.

Check if you can reduce the insurance amount. That is inflated most of the times.

On Carwale, the A4 Tech is priced at 61.8 L OTR Pune.

Reducing a lakh for insurance and 3-4 lakhs of discount plus the Extended Warranty and Service Pack is in tune with what most of others have got.
sauravpat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 19:35   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauravpat View Post
If this includes Extended Warranty and 5 year Service Package, I would say it is a decent deal looking at how much the prices have increased.

Check if you can reduce the insurance amount. That is inflated most of the times.

On Carwale, the A4 Tech is priced at 61.8 L OTR Pune.

Reducing a lakh for insurance and 3-4 lakhs of discount plus the Extended Warranty and Service Pack is in tune with what most of others have got.
Thanks for the information.
This quote includes the service pack and warranty.

If Audi is giving these discounts any timeline on how long they would give these discounts.How long can we expect this offer would be given? Can we push 7-8 lakhs discount?

Last edited by ramb : 15th February 2023 at 19:36. Reason: More information included
Old 1st April 2023, 13:21   #86
BHPian

In 15 months, the car has completed 21,500 kilometres without a single hiccup

The A4 continues to rack up kilometres in a fuss free germanic manner. No issues to speak of. Few pictures for your viewing pleasure -

2022 Audi A4 Premium Review | A case for the base spec | EDIT: 14,500 kms up already!-20230325_175955.jpg

The Florett Silver B9.5 A4 parked back to back with a Moonlight Blue B9 Pre Facelift A4 at a shopping complex

2022 Audi A4 Premium Review | A case for the base spec | EDIT: 14,500 kms up already!-20230325_16184101.jpeg

2022 Audi A4 Premium Review | A case for the base spec | EDIT: 14,500 kms up already!-20230325_16182301.jpeg

Looks the sportiest in this angle with the wide exhaust tips.
sauravpat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 13:38   #87

Dear Members,

Need assistance on vehicle damage work..my A4 bonnet has developed a line dent due to some children playing near the vehicle..location is in Mumbai. Does anybody know a repair centre which can assist without painting damage

Regards,
Old 11th June 2023, 14:27   #88
BHPian

Hi, what would be the best time to purchase the A4 in terms of discounts? I would be stretching my budget from 30lacs to whatever the Audi A4 costs. I would most likely go for the premium version. My running would be less than 10k kms per year, so I can skip on the service package. Any chance I could get the premium model including extended warranty for close to 45 lacs?
Old 23rd July 2023, 15:33   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidR View Post
Hi, what would be the best time to purchase the A4 in terms of discounts? I would be stretching my budget from 30lacs to whatever the Audi A4 costs. I would most likely go for the premium version. My running would be less than 10k kms per year, so I can skip on the service package. Any chance I could get the premium model including extended warranty for close to 45 lacs?
I’ve been through a similar experience so far, I originally thought I will get a good sedan or SUV around 20 lakh when I decided to replace my sparingly used Tiago (22k done in 5.5 years) but I quickly realised a good car would cost around 30 lakhs. I was looking for a comfortable car, my running too isn’t that much, maybe well under 10k per year. However I wasn’t convinced yet with all the options I saw. Finally I stretched my budget a bit and reached out to BMW, Audi to see if I can get a good car, long story short, tried X1 and A4, both dealers in Mumbai were super quick and efficient with their test drive, process and deal structuring. I told them upfront that I’m looking for an entry level car and if that fits the budget I’ll close in July itself.

Both cars were equally good and comfortable, family liked the X1 more but then the cost on road came out around 53L for the petrol with BH registration under consideration. BMW was pretty rigid on negotiations and they were only offering 3 year BSI with extended warranty in that price. I checked with them if they can bundle 5 years but they didn’t budge. They were increasing the price by 2.5 to 3 Lakhs more which was way more for just 2 years of the service pack.

On the other hand, the Audi dealership team seemed quite mature and sensible. I never anticipated they will be so quick and efficient with the pre sales process. I saw the car on a weekday, took a thorough test drive, ride quality and comfort was top notch on the tech trim of A4. Overall a very good test drive experience, I looked at the on road price of tech on the websites and it was falling to 63L OTR. I was not comfortable with the price and decided to move on. The sales guy called me and invited me to dealership insisting to hear the proposal and then decide. I did eventually met them few days later and be shared me a quote for the premium variant which was coming around 45L with 3 years service and warranty. The quote seemed good and after further negotiations they included 5 years of service with warranty. This made the quote looked way better, I also thought of the BH registration as I was eligible which made it more appealing. Booked the A4 the same day. Relieved after months of car search and now finally I can focus on other stuff.

Hope this helps you out
carizard is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 14:55   #90

I am doing a PDI tomorrow for the Audi A4, would appreciate if any members can provide some helpful tips. I did research the site and forums but wanted something recent, if any A4 owner can share that would be great.
carizard is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks