Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2022, 07:04   #16
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Tucson Petrol Automatic Review

First of all a very heartfelt congratulations to you and your family on acquiring this gem of an SUV, the Tucson is actually an excellent all-rounder and I personally find it in no way lacking and is an excellent choice for anyone who requires a urban premium 5seater SUV.

Like you mentioned I'm also not a fan of the new design language of Hyundai cars and they are actually turn-offs for me, the fluidic 2.0 IMHO is still one of the best design languages seen in mass-market cars and still manages to look nice and elegant. Every car be it the old Elite i20, Elantra or the Tucson looked so pleasing, The 4th gen Tucson might be very modern and brimming with modern-age gizmos but is not that appealing in design wise at least for my conservative tastes. The outgoing Tucson's design is still so elegant and is actually gives of cars one segment above which belong to a certain German luxury marquee!

Then there is the quality and attention-to-detail, everything in the interior is made of or covered with extremely high-quality material and TBH the more time you spend with it, the more it makes you forget about some missing modern-day features and personally on the features part I don't find it lacking at all and all the features you normally use in daily life is definitely present along with some nice-to-have extras.

You chose the Petrol AT which I think is a very balanced choice and absolutely perfect for a sedate driver and it has decent enough poke for cruising at sedate speeds and mild overtakes, also considering the fact that it uses simple but refined and reliable MPFi NA+Torque Converter combo for engine+gearbox give you peace of mind for a long term which again combined with in-general fuss-free ownership experience and wide after-sales network of Hyundai pan-India makes it for a compelling choice, although I'm a die-hard diesel head and have a very pedal-to-metal(almost erratic) driving nature which is why the 185PS/400Nm 2.0CRDi with quick 8AT and AWD was the version that appealed to me, it can easily keep with some premium machinery at the expressways all day long without breaking a sweat and at the same time return a decent fuel-efficiency which modern turbo-petrols can only dream of.

With this, I once again congratulate you and hope that you have a delightful experience with the Tucson and it keeps you happy for the time to come. Thanks, stay safe and happy motoring!
Tony2298 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 13:30   #17
BHPian

Congratulations for the new car. It indeed seems one of the best choices to go for. Spacious from inside and elegant from outside. I think the fancy tech features are just good for the initial few months while other things remain for long.
Old 2nd March 2022, 19:32   #18
BHPian

At this price you havent got a deal, you've got a Steal
I've always loved the Tucson and the 2021 refresh was just the right package. Unfortunately in a world of "Video Game" screen loaded interiors, cars like the Tucson fail to make the cut. The engine gearbox combo is great and shared with the Elantra Petrol. It has the ability to offer great performance and cruising ability too.

All the Best to you and wish you many happy miles!
Old 2nd March 2022, 19:41   #19
BHPian

Great buy. Congratulations.

Considering both Alcazar & Tucson have same Petrol engine, why would Tucson be preffered over the latter. Advantages of Tucson Petrol over Alcazar Petrol?

Based on all that i could find can't see any reason for same except maybe 2nd row being more spacious in Tucson.
Old 3rd March 2022, 12:13   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post

Considering both Alcazar & Tucson have same Petrol engine, why would Tucson be preffered over the latter. Advantages of Tucson Petrol over Alcazar Petrol?

Based on all that i could find can't see any reason for same except maybe 2nd row being more spacious in Tucson.
The second-row seating is far more comfortable in Tucson in terms of legroom, shoulder room, under-thigh support, and seat recline functions. Further, the interiors of Tucson seem a tad bit more premium than the Alcazar.

Also, Alcazar is based on the K2 platform, the same as Seltos. We all know that Seltos barely managed 3 star in the GNCAP with an unstable body shell. Tucson is expected to have a much better rating considering the fact that it scored 5 star in Euro NCAP.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks