Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2022, 20:15   #1
BHPian

Hyundai Tucson Petrol Automatic Review

The Genesis
My wife and I both enjoy the car buying process, which generally begins with test drives of the prospective choices and ends with discussions in a cafe over steaming cups of coffee and a complicated Excel sheet.
We were cash strapped in the past when trying to buy our dream car and though we loved the Swift, Fabia and Punto, we ended up with a Ritz Zxi in 2010, as the dealer gave us a sweet deal on it.
History repeated itself in 2016, when we were in love with the Duster and Creta but ended up with the S-Cross Alpha, again, thanks to an excellent offer from the dealer.
We realised that we have always been a few lakhs short for our first choice. That being said, we have had wonderful experiences in both these cars. Being in the Armed Forces, I get to travel a lot and we do a lot of touring in whichever State we have been posted in.

Coming back to the present, we were content with our S-Cross and had no plans of upgrading. Also, since we had purchased the S-Cross about 5 years ago, we were not eligible for purchasing car through CSD. A close friend of mine (based in Pune), was in the lookout for a new car and my wife and I (based in Chandigarh) immediately rolled up our sleeves to help him in the selection process (talk about long distance relationships!). The process of car buying is always exhilarating for us and taking test drives, leafing through brochures and making comparisons keeps us in a happy state of mind. However, due to some issues, my friend could not go ahead with the deal, but my wife and I were hooked on to the scent of a new car. We are originally from Bombay and there is a local saying in Hindi, ‘Begani shaadi mein Abdullah diwana’, which aptly applied to us. Out came the coffee, the Excel sheet and we were back in the hunt.

Our Wishlist
We are in our early 40s and we decided to put our foot down and make this a ‘Heart over our head’ deal and not the other way around as done earlier. Rubbing our hands with glee, we set our budget around INR 20 lakhs and zeroed onto these must-have features for us:-

Head turner (for us)- This is a very subjective criteria. This was going to be a no compromise buy for us and we needed to love the car.

5 seater with a good ground clearance- Has to be a SUV/ crossover. No sedans for us.

Petrol powered- The noose around Diesel is slowly tightening and NGT regulations are already in effect in New Delhi. Being in a transferable job, we did not want to get affected by the 10 years diesel ban and also felt the need to switch over to a less polluting option. We had clocked 25000 kms in the Ritz and 27000 kms in the S-Cross in a total span of 11 years, which also justified the decision.

Automatic- We both longed for the convenience of an Automatic and it had to be a reliable Torque Convertor unit and Dual Clutch transmission was a strict NO-GO area for us.

Panoramic Sunroof- I feel that Sunroofs are not suitable for the Indian weather but we never realised that our 8 year old daughter had become a part of this conversation and this was her non-negotiable upgrade.

Good service network- Our postings often take us to smaller cities and presence of good service network is a must have criteria for us. We have maintained our cars well and they are always serviced at authorised service centres.

Options considered
Based on the above, we had very limited options:-

Mahindra XUV 700- I had worked in Mahindra R&D before joining the Army and sincerely laud their efforts to hold their own against the competition. But, we are not huge fans of the design and I am sceptical about the reliability of the electronic wizardry in the car and expect niggles in the long run. Another drawback is the long waiting period.

Jeep Compass- Compass has always pulled at our heartstrings but the DCT gearbox and the mixed service reviews kept us at bay. Also, Compass is a smaller car and I find it to be overpriced.

VW T-Roc- Expensive, smaller and no longer available for Test drive/ delivery. Also, VW service is a roller coaster experience for many.

MG Hector- This is a purely personal choice and we do not like the brand (no offence to anyone).

Hyundai Creta- The new Hyundai design language is a big turn off for us. Hence, not considered.

Kia Seltos- We love the Seltos design language over the Creta but the lack of Panoramic Sunroof and the recent safety concerns regarding Kia kept us away.

The VW Tiguan is my favourite but has been kept out of the consideration along with the Volvo XC40 and the Germans as these are way out of our budget. We both love the design of the Harrier and had also enjoyed the test drive but did not consider it as no Petrol variant is available. I was in love with the Škoda Karoq, though it was out of our budget and presently, no longer available.

Tucson, it is!
While passing by Berkley Hyundai Panchkula, we saw a Polar White Tucson on display. I have always loved the old Hyundai designs and this is the last of that era today. Though Tucson has always been out of our budget, we ventured inside the showroom and stepped into the Tucson. The moment we sat inside, we immediately connected with the car (no connection to the BlueLink ). We appreciated the minimalist design, stark black interiors, the faux leather and soft touch materials on the dashboard and got the feeling of being seated in a well built and premium car. Tucson was ticking all the boxes on our wishlist and both of us had that knowing smile and our hearts gave a huge thumbs up to the Tucson.

Now, steps in the brain. Tucson GL(O) Petrol was costing INR 22.7 lakhs Ex-Showroom Price (ESP) and was nowhere in our budget. Tucson/ Elantra are dealt with by a separate Hyundai team and the Salesperson (Mr. Bobby Nagra) was very competent, earnest and positive. Bobby conveyed that Tucson GL(O) Petrol was manufactured in Sep 2021. He started with a discount of 1 lakhs on the ESP. We countered that the vehicle was 2021 manufactured and also a facelift was imminent. This led to a couple of negotiation meetings and finally, we were able to agree to a fantastic price that suited our budget.
Now, our brains gave a huge thumbs up to the Tucson .

Variant selection
Tucson is available in the following five variants:-
GL(O) 2WD AT Petrol INR 22.69 lakhs
GLS 2WD AT Petrol INR 24.37 lakhs
GL(O) 2WD AT Diesel INR 24.74 lakhs
GLS 2WD AT Diesel INR 26.08 lakhs
GLS 4WD AT Diesel INR 27.47 lakhs

Even though the GL(O) variant is loaded to the gills with features, GLS has the following additional features:-
1. Penta Star projector LED headlamps
2. LED static bending lights
3. Powered tailgate
4. Electric parking brake
5. Supervision cluster for the instrument console
6. Front parking sensors

According to me, based on the features, the GL(O) Petrol and GLS 4WD Diesel variants offer bang for the buck.
Luckily, in our case, the Berkley showrooms had Polar White GLS 4WD Diesel and GL(O) Petrol Tucsons in stock and discounts were being offered only against these. Any other variant/ colour would have to be ordered and no/ marginal discount was being offered.

Our views on the yet-to-be-launched Tucson
I had detailed brainstorming sessions with a close friend of mine (this one based in Bombay), who is also an automobile enthusiast. Many would say that it is a blunder to buy the present Tucson when the radical facelift is soon to be expected. But, this point worked in our favour as we find the new design to be very polarizing (never realised that we are on the other side of the generation gap). We do not like the creased body and futuristic looking grille and would never have bought it. Also, the yet-to-launched Tucson has a complete touch based interface whereas, I prefer the positive click of a button over touch based controls. Based on my experience with the S-Cross, I find it very distracting to operate touch controls while driving and feel that the present Tucson has a right mix of touch controls and tactile switches. The resale of the Tucson will definitely be affected but I plan to use this car for 10 years atleast. I also estimate that the yet-to-be-launched variant will be more expensive and beyond our budget.

Test drive & Booking experience
We took a test drive of both the Diesel and the Petrol variants. The Diesel AWD is an absolute corker and it made us rethink our decision to opt for Petrol. But, better sense prevailed and we stuck to our original plan.
One word to describe the driving experience of the Petrol variant is COMFORTABLE. The NVH levels are fantastic and the power delivery is linear. With a young kid and parents in tow, my driving style has become sedate over the years and the Tucson suits my style of driving. The overall feeling is of being seated in a well built, smooth and refined vehicle which will take you places, without any sense of urgency. Enthusiasts may want to try the Diesel or look elsewhere. I expect real world fuel efficiency figures to be 8-10 kmpl in the city and 10-13 kmpl on the highway and I am content with these. Detailed drive reviews have already been put up by more experienced and knowledgeable people in this forum.

We had a great experience working with the team from Berkley Hyundai Panchkula. They were professional and competent in their dealings. The booking amount was INR 10,000 and we proceeded ahead with the same.

Extended Warranty
3 years/ unlimited kilometres warranty and 3 years/ 30000 kms complimentary maintenance are standard on the Tucson and were the icing on the cake. I went ahead for an additional 2 years extended warranty but did not opt for any additional maintenance package. The maintenance packages are not VFM for the Tucson as the packages are for a term of 5 years but the Tucson comes with a complimentary 3 years package, so one ends up paying the entire amount only for the balance 2 years.

Insurance
The dealer matched my insurance quote from a private vendor and also agreed to transfer my existing 35% NCB onto the Tucson. I went for a Zero Dep (1 year) and 3 years Third party package from Hyundai Insurance.

Registration
I had initially planned to opt for BHARAT series registration. The BH registration amount is to be paid in tranches on pro-rata basis i.e. 2% every 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th year and so on as per the tax slab of the car.
Hyundai Tucson Petrol Automatic Review-4c26cb3638ea4273b3a47068597fbb3f.jpeg

However, there is a lack of clarity whether the future payments can be done online or require a physical visit to the RTO. Also, it is my understanding that the charges vary from state to state as some states use the Invoice price for calculation while some use the Ex-showroom price. Being in a transferable job, BH registration had appealed to me but the lack of clarity put me off. Chandigarh RTO calculates the registration fees on the Invoice price of the vehicle ie. excluding the GST. Overall, Chandigarh registration was much cheaper and I opted for the same.

On road pricing
Ex showroom price- 20,04,000/-
TCS- 20,040/-
Insurance (Zero dep)- 54,112/-
Extended warranty (4th & 5th year) - 21,086/-
Registration (Chandigarh)- 92,811/-
Total - Rs. 21,92,049/-

Bidding adieu to S-Cross 1.3 Alpha
We always feel a lump in our throats whenever we let go of our older cars. The S-Cross had served us faithfully and safely ferried us through all our Himalayan adventures. The S-Cross had clocked around 27000 kms and was in excellent condition. I had put my S-Cross for sale on a couple of online platforms like Olx, Quikr, Olx Cars, Cars24, Spinny, Team BHP classifieds, etc. and received the best deal from Olx Cars. The sale process was seamless, transparent and the payment was promptly done by them before taking delivery of the car. I was able to get 50% value for the S-Cross and was happy with it.
Hyundai Tucson Petrol Automatic Review-20160508_080532.jpeg

Our constant companion
My wife had bought this Ganesha idol in 2010 for the Ritz and we had taken an instant liking to it. Since then, it has always found a place of pride in our Ritz, S-Cross and now, in the Tucson.
Hyundai Tucson Petrol Automatic Review-idol.jpg

Delivery experience
The Tucson was already in the showroom, so it was just a matter of arranging funds and scheduling a date. I had ample time and was able to do a detailed PDI as per the TeamBHP checklist and found all things to be okay. The car had 12 kms on the odometer. We could not pick up the car on the scheduled delivery date as all of us were down with COVID. After recovery and post the isolation period, we rescheduled the delivery and the Hyundai team was very accommodating. Our Salesperson, Bobby was aware that I had sold the S-Cross, so he arranged a pick up for me. On the D-day, the Tucson was all prepped and the paper work was ready. The Temporary number plates were affixed. As per my request, they had not stuck any tape/ flowers on the car as I strongly feel the tape spoils the paint. Also, we were not pestered for any accessories. Overall, we had a thoroughly satisfying delivery experience with all the usual bells and whistles. Kudos to the Berkley Hyundai Panchkula team.

Thus, the search for a new car which originated in Pune ended with the Tucson landing in our home in Chandigarh and yet strangely, for the first time, our hearts and heads were in complete agreement with each other. Here are some of the happy moments:-
Hyundai Tucson Petrol Automatic Review-t1.jpg
Hyundai Tucson Petrol Automatic Review-t3.jpeg

Initial experience
I have clocked around 250 kms on the odometer and have been driving mostly around the city. A long road trip is not on the cards right now. Based on the initial driving experience, these are my observations:-

Engine- This 2.0L Nu series engine with Dual VTVT has a power output of 150PS@6200rpm and a torque rating of 192Nm@4000rpm. It is a 4 cylinder setup with DOHC. It is a naturally aspirated engine and is becoming a minority in today’s era of turbo-Petrol engines. It is by no means a very powerful engine for this size of the car but is competent to get the job done for everyday commutes and powerful enough for the average drivers.
Hyundai Tucson Petrol Automatic Review-engine.jpg

Gearbox- The 6 speed Torque Convertor unit complements the engine well and as I brought out earlier, it is perfectly suited for sedate driving. The gear lever position is also shown on the MID and is helpful for newbies to automatics as it clearly shows where the lever is to be shifted. I always prefer the reliability of TC units over DCT/ DSG gearboxes.

Ride & Handling- The McPherson strut at the front and the Multi-link at the rear provide a composed ride quality. The Tucson manages all kinds of road with a poise. The handling is also balanced and the Tucson feels nimble enough to weave in and out of traffic. There is no boat like feeling in the Tucson and the average user will have nothing to complain. During the test drive, the 4WD Diesel felt a lot more planted (due to the additional weight) than the Petrol.

Wheel & Tyres- The alloys look great and the GL(O) Petrol even gets an alloy as a spare, which is surprisingly, not available in the higher variants. Tucson is shod with 225/55 R18 Nexen tyres and their replacement is not easily available in India. Many have changed their tyres but I will be sticking with these as long as they stick to the tarmac.
Hyundai Tucson Petrol Automatic Review-wheel.jpg

The Hits
- Tucson has excellent built with quality materials used all around. Based on the cars that I have previously owned, I get the feeling of being seated in a premium car. Tucson nudges into the German territory.
- Comfortable driving experience and excellent NVH levels.
- Matured ride quality.
- I love the front seats, which offer excellent bolstering.
- The Panoramic sunroof has become a huge hit with family.
- Full safety kit- 6 airbags, ABS+EBD, Brake assist, Vehicle Stability Management, Electronic Stability Control, Hill Start Assist, Downhill Brake Control, Brake Assist, TPMS, etc.
- I am no audiophile but am able to appreciate the crispness and clarity of the 8 speaker Infinity setup.
- The SEND TO MAP feature of the Bluelink is very handy. The location can be searched beforehand on the Bluelink app and then it is sent to car. When the car is switched on, the location is automatically displayed on the Navigation screen.
Hyundai Tucson Petrol Automatic Review-131fde1ae8fd4d40b6a8b9eb4cd5e061.png
Hyundai Tucson Petrol Automatic Review-bf61d52a17ec41f5b3778af952d311de.jpeg

The Misses
- I miss the front parking sensors in my variant.
- Rear parking camera could have been of a better quality.
- The remote engine start, door lock/ unlock features in the Bluelink do not always work correctly. I suspect poor network coverage of Idea-Vodafone in our area might be the culprit.
- Many features available in the lower priced Creta/ Seltos are missing in the Tucson. Ventilated seats and 360 degree parking are sorely missed.
- Not a fan of the brown key fob. It feels very plasticky and at this price point, Hyundai should be offering something better.
Hyundai Tucson Petrol Automatic Review-6e855e4f381e4857acc0fc868493b3e9.jpeg

- The front armrest is fixed and should have been adjustable to offer better ergonomics.
Hyundai Tucson Petrol Automatic Review-arm-rest.jpg

- The TPMS sensor has been faulty since Day 1 and I am assured by the service time that a OBD scan will resolve the issue.
Hyundai Tucson Petrol Automatic Review-tpmserror.jpg

Driving modes
Economy- The car offers a lackluster performance. It feels quite slow to get off the mark. I need to tap a bit hard on the accelerator to close the gaps in slow moving traffic to discourage the occasional lane changer from sneaking in. The mode is aimed at improving the mileage and is perfectly okay for the crawling traffic. Sharing the mileage over a few trips in mixed traffic conditions.
Hyundai Tucson Petrol Automatic Review-76abcad05fe54498b8d1fbab8446561a.jpeg
Hyundai Tucson Petrol Automatic Review-91f3ed57dfe543be954d5c878ef09817.jpeg

Comfort- This makes the car a bit easier to drive. The accelerator response is much better and is suited for everyday driving conditions.

Sport- The acceleration is greatly improved. The car feels zippy though the engine becomes a bit boomier at higher revs. Suited for quick overtaking on the highways.

With the limited kilometres that I have clocked, I am yet to experience the difference in mileage offered by using the above modes. I will update the same after using the car for a longer term.

Accessories
The Tucson is fully decked and the only thing I ordered was the floor mats. Accessories for the Tucson are a bit difficult to come by. These are the floor mats ordered from Amazon. They look flashy in picture but are very muted in actual and are a perfect fit in the Tucson. The material and stitching are of an excellent quality. These are a bit cheaper on the Autofurnish website but I opted for Amazon due to their stellar return policy.
Hyundai Tucson Petrol Automatic Review-77c116911d0a4eac8f9ac984ca2578fd.jpeg

Final words
Tucson is a well built car meant for sedate drivers, prioritising comfort over performance. Courtesy, its CKD origins, the Tucson manages to offer the premium feel of the Germans at a much lesser cost of ownership, thanks to the complimentary warranty and maintenance packages. The combination of a naturally aspirated engine with a TC gearbox offers the best of reliability and refinement. It has a great kit and though it misses some new age features, all the components are of a great quality and I expect the car to age well.
This is no head-turner and also not an off roader. Many colleagues were unaware that this is a Hyundai model (thanks to the popular Creta).
In short, a premium, refined, reliable and an understated car. I will let the pictures do the rest of the talking.

My favourite angle
Hyundai Tucson Petrol Automatic Review-ext1.jpg

Plain Jane
Hyundai Tucson Petrol Automatic Review-ext_rear.jpg

Hyundai Tucson Petrol Automatic Review-ext2.jpg

Cladding improves the fantastic NVH levels. The bonnet is heavy, hydraulic struts are sorely missed.
Hyundai Tucson Petrol Automatic Review-bonnet.jpg

Spacious boot- 513 litres. 60-40 split further adds to the space.
Hyundai Tucson Petrol Automatic Review-boot.jpg

Retractable boot flap is a nifty touch
Hyundai Tucson Petrol Automatic Review-bootflap.jpg

Love the black interiors
Hyundai Tucson Petrol Automatic Review-dash.jpg

Dual zone climate control- not touch based, thankfully!
Hyundai Tucson Petrol Automatic Review-gearconsole.jpg

Front seats are in a league of their own- 8 way electrically adjustable for driver & 6 way for co-passenger
Hyundai Tucson Petrol Automatic Review-intfront.jpg

Comfortable rear bench with recline functionality and oodles of knee room
Hyundai Tucson Petrol Automatic Review-rear_int.jpg

Good navigation interface- Purple dotted line shows the direction of the destination wrt the starting location
Hyundai Tucson Petrol Automatic Review-navi.jpg

No Petrol badging- please ensure the pump attendant knows what to top up in the 62 litres tank.
Hyundai Tucson Petrol Automatic Review-fuel.jpg

Family favourite- sunroof adds a sense of roominess
The front passenger seat is suddenly no longer in demand and family members are queuing for the rear seat. Often, makes me look like a driver with a vacant front seat and passengers in the rear!
Hyundai Tucson Petrol Automatic Review-pano.jpg

Bonus-one of the few cars to offer a full size alloy spare
Hyundai Tucson Petrol Automatic Review-spare.jpg

Flush underbody with 172mm clearance
Hyundai Tucson Petrol Automatic Review-under.jpg

Last edited by vb-saan : 21st February 2022 at 09:18. Reason: typo
kunalsb is offline   (67) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 07:54   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hyundai Tucson Petrol Automatic Review

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Reviews section. Thanks for sharing! Great choice - other than the dated design of the cabin, this is still one of the best crossovers in the market today. Brilliantly engineered & a genuine all-rounder.

Going to our homepage today
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 09:09   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunalsb View Post
The Genesis

On road pricing
Ex showroom price- 20,04,000/-
TCS- 20,040/-
Insurance (Zero dep)- 54,112/-
Extended warranty (4th & 5th year) - 21,086/-
Registration (Chandigarh)- 92,811/-
Total - Rs. 21,92,049/-
Congratulations on your new purchase! The petrol Tucson is indeed a great buy. I did a test drive recently and I am presently negotiating for the GL(O) variant. I must say, the price you got is a killer deal!

Also, I was told by my dealer that the free 3-year warranty, as well as the maintenance package, are not applicable for the 2022 cars. So you got yourself a very sweet deal. Enjoy the car and keep updating your ownership experience. Cheers.
Bhargav7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 10:40   #4
BHPian

Congratulations on your car. What’s the mileage you are getting or expecting to get ?
Old 21st February 2022, 11:55   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations, and wish you many miles of happy and safe drive.

One among the very few Hyundai’s that I like. And if I have to choose between current and upcoming (based on pictures) Tucson, the current gen would be my pick too. It has a very understated and elegant styling.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 12:36   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations, and wish you a safe and enjoyable ownership experience.
Tucson is a handsome car, and at this price it is VFM in my humble option.
Does the HU support Android auto / Apple car play?
Old 21st February 2022, 12:52   #7
BHPian

I would differ from the observations of Majority, it is not the interiors which are a put off but the exteriors. I am a fan of TUCSON and if I am in a market for a new car it would be a strong contender. The problem at hand is it has a striking resemblance to the first generation CRETA.

Interiors feel outdated, only while purchasing as we might be seeing many other newer version cars. Unless we are a TBHP reviewer(read trickler for details) or someone who travel in multiple luxury cars we would not miss much. The cabin is ergonomically well sorted out and would last longer than the shiny new generation interiors.

This is one car which should not be left out of consideration while car shopping. It offers immense value proposition and no slouch in performance - adequate with petrol version and excellent in the CRDI avatar. IMHO Hyundai might be having supply chain issues in selling this car otherwise I do not see a reason in them underselling this gem.

Congratulations for the excellent choice and happy mile munching(and wallet crunching). Nice crispy write up too.

Last edited by aadya : 21st February 2022 at 12:55. Reason: corrections
aadya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 14:10   #8
BHPian

Many congratulations for the purchase. It exactly felt like I was reading my own current journey. I have a diesel Q3 in its seventh year and live in NCR, so....I have started looking at options where I don't want to splurge on the car as much as I previously have. Compass, XUV and Tucson are my three finalists, and your post is certainly leaning the scale towards Tucson. I have very recently seen it in person and loved the looks, especially after seeing their new quirky design language on other models (this looks simple yet graceful). Being in late 30s now, my need for speed has also died down drastically and I feel this would be a great mover for a couple and our 8 year old daughter.

Again, great choice.

Last edited by AZ911 : 21st February 2022 at 14:39.
AZ911 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 14:10   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations, this is one of the most sensible picks right now, considering how other cars are priced. I am in the market too, but I am sold on the new one, waiting for it to launch to take a final call with which car to go for. Personally for me it is a toss up between Hector and the new Tucson. One thing that I am skeptical about is the performance of petrol engine, I still have to test drive it, but as you have very clearly mentioned in your review itself, it is for sedate drivers. I am a sedate driver myself but like that occasional fun drives, for that reason if I do consider this, it has to be in Diesel spec.

Wish you a safe and happy ownership experience. Great write up as well.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 15:00   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhargav7 View Post
Congratulations on your new purchase! The petrol Tucson is indeed a great buy. I did a test drive recently and I am presently negotiating for the GL(O) variant. I must say, the price you got is a killer deal!

Also, I was told by my dealer that the free 3-year warranty, as well as the maintenance package, are not applicable for the 2022 cars. So you got yourself a very sweet deal. Enjoy the car and keep updating your ownership experience. Cheers.
Thank you. I reconfirmed from my dealer about the 3 years complimentary warranty and maintenance package and it is very much applicable for the present model. It is also published on the official Hyundai website. It is part of the Hyundai Premium Assurance package. The flexible 5 years Wonder Warranty is no longer applicable and I hope your dealer has not been confused about the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmadhok View Post
Congratulations on your car. What’s the mileage you are getting or expecting to get ?
Thank you. It is too early to comment on the mileage given my limited running, however, based on my driving style, I expect city FE from 8-10 kmpl and highway FE from 10-12 kmpl. In smooth flowing traffic, the Tucson has surprised me with 12.8kmpl, which I have shared in my post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
Congratulations, and wish you a safe and enjoyable ownership experience.
Tucson is a handsome car, and at this price it is VFM in my humble option.
Does the HU support Android auto / Apple car play?
Thank you. The HU supports wired Android Auto & Apple Carplay. Tucson also has a wireless charger and the USB port for connectivity is conveniently located next to it.

Last edited by kunalsb : 21st February 2022 at 15:15.
kunalsb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 17:42   #11
BHPian

Congratulations. Tuscon is a very sensible choice!

I also struggle with the "right" size of the car. While Creta and others feel too small, XUV 700, etc feel too big to me. It seems Skoda Karoq would have been the best fit but it's not available anymore.
shobhit.shri is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 17:50   #12
BHPian

Congratulations on the buy! I was super close to buying a Tucson myself, but the dealer did not offer my any discounts.

The same variant came up to a whopping 28L on road in KL, without the extended warranty.

Noob question, but how are the ex-showroom prices so low for you? The dealer quoted ex-showroom price of about 24.54L with road tax being 5L. KL has a 21% road tax. Even with Chandigarh's 6% road tax, how is your registration so low?
Surprising to see almost 6L difference in the on road price of the car between Chandigarh & Kerala, which works out to about 20% cheaper in Chandigarh. Road tax is lower by 15%, but are there other factors that affect the ex-showroom price? I thought GST was standard between all states & UTs. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 21st February 2022, 18:52   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDiSLover View Post
Congratulations on the buy! I was super close to buying a Tucson myself, but the dealer did not offer my any discounts.

The same variant came up to a whopping 28L on road in KL, without the extended warranty.

Noob question, but how are the ex-showroom prices so low for you? The dealer quoted ex-showroom price of about 24.54L with road tax being 5L. KL has a 21% road tax. Even with Chandigarh's 6% road tax, how is your registration so low?
Surprising to see almost 6L difference in the on road price of the car between Chandigarh & Kerala, which works out to about 20% cheaper in Chandigarh. Road tax is lower by 15%, but are there other factors that affect the ex-showroom price? I thought GST was standard between all states & UTs. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Thank you.
The Ex Showroom Price (ESP) is as listed on the Hyundai website, which was INR 22.7 lakhs in our case. The ESP includes 28% GST & 20% Cess.
Chandigarh RTO levies the 6% tax on the amount excluding the GST, which drastically reduces the cost.
This area is more of a Fortuner country and Tucson is not very popular here. Also, the vehicle was Sep 21 manufactured and was lying in the showroom. Hence the discounts.
kunalsb is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 19:25   #14
BHPian

Congratulations on the wonderful choice of car kunalsb, the dated looks notwithstanding. At the end of the day, your driving experience is what matters. You have gotten yourself a killer deal price which puts competition to dust.

Wishing you many miles and a lovely ownership experience!
shekar.ca is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 22:31   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunalsb View Post
Tucson is a well built car meant for sedate drivers, prioritising comfort over performance.
Congratulations officer, on your new car! Thanks for the nice and crisp review.
Tucson is often described by fellow BHPians as being a dark horse and your review is no different .

You have got a perfect solution considering all your requirements and constraints. A sweet deal is surely icing on the cake. Wishing you many years of happy ownership. Looking forward to seeing your Himalayan adventures with the Tucson.
CarML is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks