Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2007, 04:41   #31
Senior - BHPian

This forum is meant for the Indian automobile enthusiast. I think as enthusiasts, who put our hard-earned money, and time, into the love of cars, we deserve to know the truth. Anyway, we are now WAAAYYYY OT, so I will stop.
Old 7th June 2007, 04:41   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
I'm spreading my knowledge. Last time I spread it, a lot of posts by one of the Fiat fans got deleted because I was quoting simple facts from Autocar India. The Stile is the slowest car in its segment, possibly the slowest petrol car in India. Heck, the Fiat salesmen called it's acceleration khaak, which means dirt IIRC.

I would not like knowledge -- like braking hard from 80 to 0 in 4 seconds, or 'speed turns', whatever on earth they may be, at 60ks, whatever 'ks' is supposed to mean -- to be spread.

About the offence, none taken.
dude everybody's aware of your knowledge i told you iam talking generaly.all the threads related to palio is gone to a war and this is not the way to be.
Old 7th June 2007, 10:20   #33
BHPian

How does the 1.6 look with alloys and rear spoiler?

Hi! Read all the comments. While, I wouldn's waste time talking about the performance of the 1.6 Stile Sport, just wanted to know, how does it look with Alloys and Spoiler...is it a drop dead look! Wanna buy another FIAT, but already have Adventure...wife says no 2 FIATs at home....
Old 7th June 2007, 12:02   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
So why didn't you buy one?

Nice to see the Fiat salesman deriding his own product, the Stile. If he talks this way, why does the Fiat gang lambast us for saying so?

PS: Did you really expect him to wax eloquent about his competitors? Every one of them outsells the Palio, with the possible exception of the Aveo UVA or whatever, so he's hardly going to tell you the Estilo gives 14 kmpl and the Tata spares are really cheap.
Some guys are intelligent enough to know the facts even if it means lowering their own products. The 1.1 is an underpowered car and i think even members of the supposed 'Fiat gang' know that.
The Palio 1.6 is best VFM in the segment and there is no two ways about that atleast for me even if i have not bought it yet and I do not own any car at present.
I can say this because I have test driven majority of its competition.

This sales guy works at Shaman which also sell Tatas so I expected him to wax eloquent about the Xetas but he told me the facts as he saw it.

The UVA is a very good car but is ridiculously overpriced at 4.38 OTR for base and that can hardly spell good for sales.

When I test drove the Estilo VXi at Sai Service it felt unstable at high speed and gave very little pickup with a/c. When I questioned the sales guy he was clueless and asked me "aap a/c me hi jyaada chalaaoge kya???"...Now what am i supposed to say to that.
The only positive he had to say was Maruti gives good A.S.S and cheap spares.
I also checked the TD register for and not very impressive comments by people to say the least.
Now i am not going to buy a car simply because it gives good FE and A.S.S but sucks in drive quality.
Old 7th June 2007, 12:31   #35
Team-BHP Support

Stop this now, please. PLEASE DO NOT START A PROBLEM ON THIS THREAD all over again. We have had enough of this. Its about a test drive and thats about it.
Old 7th June 2007, 13:23   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Stop this now, please. PLEASE DO NOT START A PROBLEM ON THIS THREAD all over again. We have had enough of this. Its about a test drive and thats about it.
Thanks Zappo

Heed this or we will have to cut and shut
Old 7th June 2007, 13:35   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar1310 View Post
just wanted to know, how does it look with Alloys and Spoiler...is it a drop dead look!
what do you mean mate by alloys??it comes with alloys,the old 1.6 alloys.to see how it looks :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ile-1-6-a.html
Old 7th June 2007, 15:44   #38
Senior - BHPian

Thank you for that link! The alloys look slightly different from the old one. Alloy design still looks a bit odd. Adventure alloys would have looked better.

Think Omar was asking about any change in alloy design.

Rear looks rounded and better!
Old 10th June 2007, 00:09   #39
BHPian

Does the headlamp cluster just improve the looks or is there any improvement in the range?? Anyone checked this out??
Old 16th June 2007, 13:45   #40
BHPian

@Kvish, i TD-ed this during the day and couldnt check it out properly. Maybe you can ask bottle or uttamc who own the 1.6.
Btw, if its of any help, i wrote a TD of the 1.6 (a bloody lengthy and non technical one at that!) and posted it here: #93 (permalink)
CHeers!
Old 18th June 2007, 13:15   #41
BHPian

Interiors

Alls good and great about stile 1.6 sport. Makes me willing to slip in. But the interiors are still the same old fashioned plane style. That really put me down..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks