Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2023, 11:34   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Robimahanta's Turbo-Petrol Garage | Polo GTI | BMW M340i | Mahindra Thar

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
Did the 6th year service at VW. Changed the lower arms as the rubber components were damaged. Did some proper suspension mount lubrication along with the basic filter and oil changes. The left rear wheel speed sensors had gone kaput, so had to replace that. Really happy with the cost and efficiency of VW service.
Hey Robi,

Which VW ASC do you frequent? I am new to the VW world trying to find my way around here. Would you be able to put me onto your trusted people there? You could put the names here but please DM me their numbers

And goes without saying, cars look fresh AF.
Old 28th November 2023, 11:38   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Had the opportunity to participate in the BMW M town event held at the Madras International Circuit. I wanted to drive the G87 M2 manual, luckily they had 6 M2 manuals for the event. It was immense fun driving the M2 on the track. It has been a while since I drove a powerful manual car, the M2 didn't disappoint. As the last RWD BMW M car with no electrification and a manual transmission, the G87 is a very desirable car. Even looks much better in person than in the pictures, especially in black.

BMW also had the M4C, M5C, M340, X3M40i and the XM for the event. Driving these during the event is always a lot of fun.

A very well organised event for enthusiasts and a Sunday well spent.

Some pictures,

The monster V8's
Robimahanta's Turbo-Petrol Garage | Polo GTI | BMW M340i | Mahindra Thar-img_1227.jpg

Getting ready in the M2 Manual
Robimahanta's Turbo-Petrol Garage | Polo GTI | BMW M340i | Mahindra Thar-img_1396.jpg

Line up
Robimahanta's Turbo-Petrol Garage | Polo GTI | BMW M340i | Mahindra Thar-img_1185.jpg

Robimahanta's Turbo-Petrol Garage | Polo GTI | BMW M340i | Mahindra Thar-img_1184.jpg

Robimahanta's Turbo-Petrol Garage | Polo GTI | BMW M340i | Mahindra Thar-img_1193.jpg

Testing ABS during the lane change event
Robimahanta's Turbo-Petrol Garage | Polo GTI | BMW M340i | Mahindra Thar-photo107_singular_display_fullpicture.jpg

Lovely interiors of the XM
Robimahanta's Turbo-Petrol Garage | Polo GTI | BMW M340i | Mahindra Thar-img_1219.jpg

Bright blue M4 interior
Robimahanta's Turbo-Petrol Garage | Polo GTI | BMW M340i | Mahindra Thar-img_1200.jpg
robimahanta is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 11:47   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Hey Robi,

Which VW ASC do you frequent? I am new to the VW world trying to find my way around here. Would you be able to put me onto your trusted people there? You could put the names here but please DM me their numbers

And goes without saying, cars look fresh AF.
Thanks, I use both the Mysore Road and the Hosur road service centres. Experience has been good in both of them since more than a decade. I had picked up the GT Tsi in April 2013.

You can meet these service folks, it is always better to meet them in person than flood them with calls and whatsapp messages (which is the usual norm unfortunately)
Ali and Ranjith ( VW Palace Cross, Mysore road)
Shivu and Marselin ( VW Elite Motors, Hosur Road)

Another tip: Don't tell them you are from Team BHP or that you are a car enthusiast etc..
robimahanta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2023, 22:11   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Another tip: Don't tell them you are from Team BHP or that you are a car enthusiast etc..
Why? How could that backfire Robi?
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2023, 19:36   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Why? How could that backfire Robi?
I'm guessing they are tired of "enthusiasts" with half knowledge trying to tell them how to do their job or bragging about being connected and will generally just give you the 'by the book' answers to cover their ass in case of any mishap.
Cresterk is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 23:34   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Thar:

Thar has been munching miles reasonably well and apart from the creaks and rattles it has been niggle free.

I got the differential breathers installed from Swastik Fabs for 1500₹. It is nothing fancy or branded. But does its job.
Robimahanta's Turbo-Petrol Garage | Polo GTI | BMW M340i | Mahindra Thar-img_1614.jpeg

Robimahanta's Turbo-Petrol Garage | Polo GTI | BMW M340i | Mahindra Thar-img_1613.jpeg

Next I changed the auxiliary lamp clamp to the Proman one as it is more adjustable and gives more flexibility)
Robimahanta's Turbo-Petrol Garage | Polo GTI | BMW M340i | Mahindra Thar-img_1602.jpeg

A friends Thar with Hella spot and beam lamps
Robimahanta's Turbo-Petrol Garage | Polo GTI | BMW M340i | Mahindra Thar-e964476abe3e4d36a9174fd016e90a40.jpeg

I also got the GPNE led projector fog lamps which can be toggled between 4300k, 5600k and 6000k temperature.
Robimahanta's Turbo-Petrol Garage | Polo GTI | BMW M340i | Mahindra Thar-img_1591.jpeg

Lastly, got a good quality hydraulic jack. It is the same brand that is used by a famous tyre store in Bangalore (Madhu’s Tyre) . The store guys helped me source it locally. I tried a few other brands earlier and most of them had issues over time (wheels break, oil leak etc)
Robimahanta's Turbo-Petrol Garage | Polo GTI | BMW M340i | Mahindra Thar-img_1629.jpeg

Some images from recent a recent drive around BR Hills. All the wildlife was spotted from the roadside.

Lovely tarmac
Robimahanta's Turbo-Petrol Garage | Polo GTI | BMW M340i | Mahindra Thar-img_2333.jpeg

Robimahanta's Turbo-Petrol Garage | Polo GTI | BMW M340i | Mahindra Thar-img_2263.jpeg

Elephant by the side of the road
Robimahanta's Turbo-Petrol Garage | Polo GTI | BMW M340i | Mahindra Thar-img_2314.jpeg

A fawn
Robimahanta's Turbo-Petrol Garage | Polo GTI | BMW M340i | Mahindra Thar-86e8eadaf83d4eb294fd527569cce7a2.jpeg

Vegetarian body builder (Gaur)
Robimahanta's Turbo-Petrol Garage | Polo GTI | BMW M340i | Mahindra Thar-img_2294.jpeg

Robimahanta's Turbo-Petrol Garage | Polo GTI | BMW M340i | Mahindra Thar-img_2290_jpg.jpeg

Sambar
Robimahanta's Turbo-Petrol Garage | Polo GTI | BMW M340i | Mahindra Thar-015a1671.jpeg
robimahanta is offline   (35) Thanks
Old 9th January 2024, 13:04   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Lastly, got a good quality hydraulic jack. It is the same brand that is used by a famous tyre store in Bangalore (Madhu’s Tyre) . The store guys helped me source it locally. I tried a few other brands earlier and most of them had issues over time (wheels break, oil leak etc)
Can you let me know the source for the hydraulic jack? I am looking for one in 4 Ton range for my truck. Importing CAT or Badlands from US is turning out to be expensive affair.

Last edited by graaja : 9th January 2024 at 13:10. Reason: Fixing quoted text
Old 9th January 2024, 13:28   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeledwanderer View Post
Can you let me know the source for the hydraulic jack? I am looking for one in 4 Ton range for my truck. Importing CAT or Badlands from US is turning out to be expensive affair.
Madhu’s Tyre got it for me. The actual store is called Oriental Tools Company (https://maps.app.goo.gl/DihbTqdv7JAphxeM9?g_st=ic). If you are in Bangalore you can visit the store and check out the stuff they have. Traffic is crazy in that area and parking is a nightmare too. Hope that helps.
robimahanta is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th January 2024, 14:24   #144
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:

I got the differential breathers installed from Swastik Fabs for 1500₹. It is nothing fancy or branded. But does its job.
I too had installed differential guards and full underbody cum radiator guard from Swathik fab, Banglore. Last year (2022)drove from Chennai to Bangalore solely for this. Fully satisfied with their services and products.

I let my Petrol Thar go to another petrolhead with a heavy heart, after riding it for 75000 kms in a year. Now waiting for 5 door

Last edited by graaja : 9th January 2024 at 14:32. Reason: Trimming quoted text. Please quote only a small or relevant part of post
vimalvittaladas is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th January 2024, 01:36   #145
BHPian

Excellent mods! May I please ask for more detail on the breather extensions? Clamps, hose quality and route etc? Phoenix and I have been on the fence for a bit haha! I've got the exact same diff guard and DEF tank shield from Swastik!

Good value for money, Swastik.
Old 10th January 2024, 09:37   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooka View Post
Excellent mods! May I please ask for more detail on the breather extensions? Clamps, hose quality and route etc? Phoenix and I have been on the fence for a bit haha! I've got the exact same diff guard and DEF tank shield from Swastik!

Good value for money, Swastik.
Thanks Wooka. The quality looks decent but only time will tell. Having said that, they have done the same for a lot of cars and no issues whatsoever. The rear is routed to next to the washer fluid container (as in the picture I shared above), the front is routed to next to the right headlight, just above the level of the air intake.
robimahanta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 12:45   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Madhu’s Tyre got it for me. The actual store is called Oriental Tools Company (https://maps.app.goo.gl/DihbTqdv7JAphxeM9?g_st=ic). If you are in Bangalore you can visit the store and check out the stuff they have. Traffic is crazy in that area and parking is a nightmare too. Hope that helps.
Thank you Sir, i have gotten in touch with them just now!
Old 1st February 2024, 14:17   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

M340i Updates:

I got the adjustable magnetic paddle shifters for the M340i from JQwerks. It has a lovely tactile feel and the typical "clickety clack" noise for every shift (new GT3 RS feel). It is satisfying to select gears, no matter the steering angle.

It has easy adjustments and the position can be adjusted as per your requirement. Installation is also simple plug and play.

Nicely packed
Robimahanta's Turbo-Petrol Garage | Polo GTI | BMW M340i | Mahindra Thar-mdtrace.jpg

Once installed
Robimahanta's Turbo-Petrol Garage | Polo GTI | BMW M340i | Mahindra Thar-installed.jpg

Adjusting the paddle position
Robimahanta's Turbo-Petrol Garage | Polo GTI | BMW M340i | Mahindra Thar-adjust.jpg

Link to the product:https://jqwerks.com/collections/all

*there are cheaper Chinese replicas at half the cost too, but didn't want to go down that route

Next, I upgraded the plastic charge pipe to an aluminium one from FTP Motorsport. The charge pipe blowing up was more common in the F3X generation but even in the G20, some friends blew up their stock plastic charge pipe during track days. So this upgrade was more a preventive measure.

Before charge pipe installation
Robimahanta's Turbo-Petrol Garage | Polo GTI | BMW M340i | Mahindra Thar-before.jpg

After
Robimahanta's Turbo-Petrol Garage | Polo GTI | BMW M340i | Mahindra Thar-after.jpg

The oem plastic charge pipe
Robimahanta's Turbo-Petrol Garage | Polo GTI | BMW M340i | Mahindra Thar-cp.jpg

Close up of the FTP Charge pipe
Robimahanta's Turbo-Petrol Garage | Polo GTI | BMW M340i | Mahindra Thar-close.jpg

Packaging
Robimahanta's Turbo-Petrol Garage | Polo GTI | BMW M340i | Mahindra Thar-package.jpg

I even replaced my Eventuri intake filter, it can be cleaned but I have had bad experiences with cleaning high performance filters. I prefer to replace it every 8000kms or so instead. Thankfully the cost of replacement filter from Eventuri is very reasonable
Robimahanta's Turbo-Petrol Garage | Polo GTI | BMW M340i | Mahindra Thar-ins.jpg

Cheers!
robimahanta is offline   (50) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 00:56   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
M340i Updates:

I got the adjustable magnetic paddle shifters for the M340i from JQwerks. It has a lovely tactile feel and the typical "clickety clack" noise for every shift (new GT3 RS feel). It is satisfying to select gears, no matter the steering angle.
Nice. Congrats!

I always wanted to get these installed. But, felt they might look tacky. Good to know about the feel.

Do you mind sharing a short video of it in action. Would be nice to see it.

Thanks!
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 14:23   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Mobike. Just google JQwerks Madtrace and you will get tons of videos. Else dm your whatsapp number and I ll try to share some clips.
robimahanta is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks