Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2024, 03:11   #151
BHPian

Re: Robimahanta's Turbo-Petrol Garage | Polo GTI | BMW M340i | Mahindra Thar

Always a pleasure reading about your times with all your automotive children! The 340i has to be one of the greatest BMW's ever made. Unbelievable, earth-shattering and jaw dropping at the same time!

Love it.
shiv11bhargava is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2024, 07:12   #152
BHPian

Hi the paddle kit looks impressive and if you say it works like the GT3 Rs then even more. I am sure they cost a pretty penny.

Not driven a 340i but I have driven various other models of BMW’s with paddle shifters with the ZF transmissions, but have noticed that they will shift very conservatively and don’t allow aggressive shifts. For Eg. No response to double clicks. Which kind of takes the fun away and makes the paddles redundant. The response is better if the car is driven in sports mode in the automatic setting. Does the 340i behave differently???

The DCT’s on the M cars were a different story.
Old 4th February 2024, 15:52   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKapadia View Post
Hi the paddle kit looks impressive and if you say it works like the GT3 Rs then even more. I am sure they cost a pretty penny.

Not driven a 340i but I have driven various other models of BMW’s with paddle shifters with the ZF transmissions, but have noticed that they will shift very conservatively and don’t allow aggressive shifts. For Eg. No response to double clicks. Which kind of takes the fun away and makes the paddles redundant. The response is better if the car is driven in sports mode in the automatic setting. Does the 340i behave differently???

The DCT’s on the M cars were a different story.
It’s not too bad. Considering all M cars are ZF too since some time. It sure is not as harsh as the dct in the f80. I recently drove a Tbhpian’s f80 M3 Comp in US with DCT and that was very snappy.

M3 Comp I tried last month
Robimahanta's Turbo-Petrol Garage | Polo GTI | BMW M340i | Mahindra Thar-img_2652.jpeg
robimahanta is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks