Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2023, 12:57   #136
BHPian

re: My First SUV | The Jeep Meridian 4x4 Limited (O) AT| Initial Ownership Review [Sold]

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahere View Post
the feeling on the X1 is that it immediately locks up it's TC once in motion, any push on the A pedal translates to revs which is directly transferred to the vehicle as acceleration without any slippage. Definitely the Jeep feels as if it should be capable of much better FE figures if the tuning of the box can be tweaked.
Ahaan I get it now. Too bad it doesn't come with proper tuning from the factory as this car offers 5 years of warranty, maintenance and such which will be void if we go for the third party route.

I have been considering this instead of the hycross and after going through the thread, I have changed my mind and took it off my list.
Old 12th June 2023, 16:28   #137
ike
BHPian

Re: One year ownership update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I told them to simply come home and ignore the warnings and not to put any AdBlue other than the image I had sent them of the one Jeep sells. Sadly at some point, they took advice from a local pump who further created some panic in their mind and despite my request to leave it be, they topped up some Tata AdBlue purchased from a highway petrol pump. BIG MISTAKE!
Is this the same DEF that Tata uses in their service centers? The Harrier owners WA group has an overwhelming majority that uses only the tata DEF available at TASS. Or is it that the meridian needs something that the Tata DEF doesn't contain?
Old 12th June 2023, 17:45   #138
BHPian

re: My First SUV | The Jeep Meridian 4x4 Limited (O) AT| Initial Ownership Review [Sold]

Hello Axe, I have been following your Ownership thread, based on the ownership reviews on this amazing forum, I went ahead with the Purchase of Jeep Meridian.

I have covered 9000kms in less than 3 months. I love the Handling, Driving pleasure and Music system of my Meridian. Whenever I sit inside the car, the car has a wow factor. The mileage I’m getting sits in the range of 12-13 overall.
I wouldn’t say the 3 months ownership was fuss free. In three months, the car visited Workshop for 5 times in total. The only problem I’m facing with my car is RATTLING SOUNDS. The noise insulation is superb and this makes the rattles even more worse.
Their is an enduring issue of rattling from the Door Rubber lining. The ASS say that they have changed the linings twice under warranty but still the issue pops up. I’m fed up with this and its spoiling my entire experience.
Now the ASS will ask a technician from Jeep to inspect my car and resolve the issue.
This is my daily tourer car and I cannot do my daily chores without a car. But my Jeep is constantly sitting in the Workshop.

Any Jeep owners, owning their Car without rattling sound is a Fairy tale for me now.

In my head I’m already looking for options to Replace this Vehicle with something else.
Attached Thumbnails
My First SUV | The Jeep Meridian 4x4 Limited (O) AT| Initial Ownership Review [Sold]-img_0349.jpeg  

Starwar19 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 12:13   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolidus500 View Post
All DEF are same. AUS32 grade means 32.5% concentration of Urea in the fluid. Adblue liquids can contain 31.8-33.2% Urea which is as specified by the AUS32 grade including the Tata Adblue. Also all DEF must comply with ISO 22241-1 standards which is also same as AUS32.
If the liquid has less than 31% urea or more than 33% it can't comply with the standard hence can't be sold as Adblue or DEF.
Buy from a reputed source, brand of the liquid doesn't matter. Also Jeep in the manual states to use ISO 22241-1 grade.

Also there is no "truck-grade" or "car-grade" DEF. They all are equal.
Yes, I think this is more to do with the petrol pump selling them fake or adulterated DEF.
Old 19th August 2023, 23:36   #140
Team-BHP Support

14 months, 16,000 kms+ and the Jeep’s maiden trip to Goa

A quick update on the Jeep, which is now well past 16,000 kms in about 14 months of ownership. The Meridian finally checked the all important box in our household - going on its maiden trip to Goa - a destination that we tend to hit at least once a year if not more. Earlier this year (Jan 2023), the Multistrada made its first trip (with me) to Goa. Now it was time for the Jeep to stretch its leg on this family vacay over the 12 - 15th August long weekend.

The trip to Goa was preceded by a work trip to Pune. That saw another first but a not so happy one. The Jeep finally got its first speeding fine at the expressway at the hands of a colleague who took the wheel while I was on a longish conference call. Duly penalised for hitting 118 kmph, at one of those flashing poles beyond the 2nd toll food court. I know the fixed spot cams pretty well given how often I traverse this route but since I was engrossed on my call I couldn’t sound off my colleague in time to avoid it. I really do wish the expressway carried a more realistic 120 kmph limit but that discussion is for another thread I guess.

My family came on Friday night by train to Pune since I was already there from a few days prior for work. We left for Goa early Saturday (12th Aug) morning - a hint after 6 am for our destination in Morjim, which we reached just after 2 pm. I finally got a taste to sample the Karad - Malkapur - Anuskura ghat - Pachal route exiting out at NH 66 and I have to say the roads were so utterly brilliant that I sorely missed my 3GT on the beautiful sweeping tarmac that make up large sections of this route. Most of my inter-city travel in the Jeep to date has been to Pune on the wide expressway so I haven’t really found the Jeep wanting. But driving on two lane twisting B highways made me realise that I really missed the immediate grunt that the 3GT offers on tap in a way that the Jeep simply cannot match. The next time I’m driving a car to Goa, if the road conditions on this route remain as they were last week, its the 3GT for sure that will be the steed of choice.

A very detailed write up on the route and journey itself is in this post No. 4048 here.

My overall FE for the trip (highway + internal Goa included - one internal drive included Mumbai Lower Parel type of jam given the long weekend) was around 10.5 kmpl - nothing to write home about but by now what I expect as par for course.

The Jeep performed absolutely flawlessly otherwise - no unpleasant surprises - a comfortable highway tourer for all concerned, going about its job munching miles as one expects it to. We were a large group so the 3 rows came in handy occasionally within Goa when we wanted to use only one car amongst about 6 of us.

Here are some pics from the trip itself. Unfortunately, I never really got around to taking very many pics of the car while we were in Goa so the pics are mostly highway biased.

The Jeep gets its first speeding ticket. Ironically, of the five traffic violations I’ve got so far, four have been some random bad parking etc by my driver and this first speeding one at the hands of a friend.
My First SUV | The Jeep Meridian 4x4 Limited (O) AT| Initial Ownership Review [Sold]-img_3949.jpeg

Beautiful twisty roads that make up the Anuskura ghat route and the road that leads up to it.
My First SUV | The Jeep Meridian 4x4 Limited (O) AT| Initial Ownership Review [Sold]-img_3944.jpeg

My First SUV | The Jeep Meridian 4x4 Limited (O) AT| Initial Ownership Review [Sold]-img_3943.jpeg

We got some mild showers as well on the way that made the drive even more beautiful.
My First SUV | The Jeep Meridian 4x4 Limited (O) AT| Initial Ownership Review [Sold]-img_6811.jpeg

My First SUV | The Jeep Meridian 4x4 Limited (O) AT| Initial Ownership Review [Sold]-img_6810.jpeg

The few and far between broken patches on this route. Literally nothing that even a sedan can’t comfortably handle.
My First SUV | The Jeep Meridian 4x4 Limited (O) AT| Initial Ownership Review [Sold]-img_6824.jpeg

My First SUV | The Jeep Meridian 4x4 Limited (O) AT| Initial Ownership Review [Sold]-img_6822.jpeg

The Jeep getting a comprehensive wash down in Goa.
My First SUV | The Jeep Meridian 4x4 Limited (O) AT| Initial Ownership Review [Sold]-img_4031.jpeg

Locked and loaded - ready for the drive back to Mumbai on 15th August.
My First SUV | The Jeep Meridian 4x4 Limited (O) AT| Initial Ownership Review [Sold]-img_4056.jpeg

Our breakfast halt on the way back - Rane Dining, around Malkapur. This little patch of skyline could be a picture out of a scenic driving holiday in Europe - its just so utterly beautiful.
My First SUV | The Jeep Meridian 4x4 Limited (O) AT| Initial Ownership Review [Sold]-img_6794.jpeg

A final parting pic from our drive.
My First SUV | The Jeep Meridian 4x4 Limited (O) AT| Initial Ownership Review [Sold]-img_6791.jpeg

Last edited by Axe77 : 30th August 2023 at 09:24.
Axe77 is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2023, 22:13   #141
BHPian

Just noticed that your signature lists Jeep Meredian 4X4 in the past section.
cooldip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2023, 22:25   #142
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldip View Post
Just noticed that your signature lists Jeep Meredian 4X4 in the past section.
Indeed. Just sold it a few days ago. Will be replaced with a new petrol car shortly.
Axe77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2023, 23:00   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My First SUV | The Jeep Meridian 4x4 Limited (O) AT| Initial Ownership Review [Sold]

Quote:
Indeed. Just sold it a few days ago. Will be replaced with a new petrol car shortly.
Woah, didn’t expect that! Congratulations on the new car nonetheless!

Looking forward to the next ownership review. Hopefully, you’ll also cover where did the Jeep fall short.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2023, 23:27   #144
Team-BHP Support

Re: My First SUV | The Jeep Meridian 4x4 Limited (O) AT| Initial Ownership Review [Sold]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Woah, didn’t expect that! Congratulations on the new car nonetheless!

Looking forward to the next ownership review. Hopefully, you’ll also cover where did the Jeep fall short.
Thank you.

The itch for something luxurious, petrol and properly fast (comparable or slightly better than the 3GT) was tugging. This was a proper ‘want don’t need’ switch and a somewhat impromptu one at that. The desire to buy a nice smooth and fast petrol was firmly rooted since I drove my friend’s petrol LWB 3 series a few months ago.

More in due course on the next one.

My only key complaint with the Jeep perhaps was the initial lag, which exposed itself a lot more on my last drive to Goa on undivided sections than it does on 6 lane expressways which was most of my previous running (I alluded to this in my Goa drive review as well). It’s a weird anomaly where the car is FAST as such - and yet at crucial points, it’s not! Else the ownership experience has mostly been incident free, and the A.S.S. support has been excellent.

The second factor is that I was increasingly looking to accelerate the switch in my garage to petrol and petrol hybrid / EV combo.

This was step 1. Next switch will of course be the GT but that should be a few years away still.

Last edited by Axe77 : 4th December 2023 at 00:00.
Axe77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th December 2023, 17:02   #145
BHPian

Firstly, congratulations Axe77 on the double purchase! The switch seems to be sudden - was it the DEF issues that you described earlier that triggered this heart vs head decision? We have a 45000 km run 2013 Scorpio SLE and my family is considering a XUV700 diesel - I drove it recently as well and liked it, hence would like to ask if your BS6 diesel related DPF filling/regen experiences over your ownership was something you got used to quickly or was it bothersome? Since your car was comparatively trouble free compared to the many issue ridden ones on the forum. Hope you got a good price for it.

Last edited by Axe77 : 9th December 2023 at 17:48.
Old 9th December 2023, 18:03   #146
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100Kmphormore View Post
Firstly, congratulations Axe77 on the double purchase! The switch seems to be sudden - was it the DEF issues that you described earlier that triggered this heart vs head decision?
Thanks man. Not really DEF per se as such. I think I’m just generally not keen on diesels anymore and once the bug to upgrade to a luxury segment petrol had bitten, I wasn’t really in a mood to wait. Mostly the reasons I’ve put out in my post immediately above.

On price, I’ve seen exactly same cars as mine (June 2022 and similar mileage) getting listed itself in Bbay for about 35L (which means I’m guessing deal value to end customer might be around 32.5 - 33L). The Meridian doesn’t really hold its used value quite well. All new car dealers I spoke to wouldn’t budge beyond 29L. Mercedes finally got approvals and gave me 30.5L. I didn’t want the hassle of dealing with direct customers or selling to the likes of CarTrade / Spinny etc as I have heard from multiple stories about how horrible it is to deal with them on final paper transfer. At least here I’m hoping I’ll be able to check on this with a more responsive dealer (Mercedes) for any paper transfer follow up.
Axe77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th December 2023, 18:19   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
On price, I’ve seen exactly same cars as mine (June 2022 and similar mileage) getting listed itself in Bbay for about 35L (which means I’m guessing deal value to end customer might be around 32.5 - 33L). The Meridian doesn’t really hold its used value quite well. All new car dealers I spoke to wouldn’t budge beyond 29L. Mercedes finally got approvals and gave me 30.5L.
I think you have got very good value for your car. Considering this is a ‘failed’ product from a ‘failed’ manufacturer, this is as good as it gets. Here in Delhi NCR, getting 60-70% of this value would have been an achievement.
Old 9th December 2023, 18:38   #148
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
I think you have got very good value for your car. Considering this is a ‘failed’ product from a ‘failed’ manufacturer, this is as good as it gets. Here in Delhi NCR, getting 60-70% of this value would have been an achievement.
Ya I think it’s as good as I could extract. I also didn’t want to wait for the calendar year to change and it to drop further on 2023 —> 2024 shift.
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2023, 01:36   #149
BHPian

AXE77, your absence in the Meridian Owners thread will be strongly felt! Never saw this coming so soon. Your Meridian ownership experience was truly remarkable and trouble-free, touch wood. Please keep us updated on your new vehicle.

I'm also diligently restraining my urge to upgrade, but I'll be joining that club very soon. My car has recently crossed the 24000 km mark.

Thank you for letting us be a part of your Meridian journey.
Starwar19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2024, 17:12   #150
BHPian

Quote:
The Meridian vs the Compass | 2021 Compass 4x4 S A/T owner’s take on the Meridian

I’ve now driven the Compass and Meridian back to back on two occasions. Once with the test drive cars of Jeep and the other time was my pal’s Compass and my Meridian.
Hi Axe77,

Thank you for sharing your meridian journey with us.

As you have driven(experienced) both the vehicles, I am curious to know the ergonomics around the driver seat of Meridian in comparison to Compass as I am planning to upgrade to a bigger ride. I own a Compass Model-s Diesel Automatic.

1. How is the Meridian's driver seat in comparison to Compass? Is it positioned a bit higher in comparison to compass? If yes, how high would that be if we compare it with other bigger vehicles, e.g. Fortuner, Endeavour? Would it achieve the same hight as of fortuner if set to max height position?

2. I find compass A-pedal a bit cramped & placed too close to the B-pedal and should have been placed few cms towards right. Maybe it's placed in such a manner due to lack of space in that area. How is that space between A & B pedal in Meridian? Is it same as Compass?

Reason i ask this-> Driving compass on long journeys(say more than 500/600 km), i get a bit of knee pain. Even after tweaking the seat/thigh height settings, i simply don't able to achieve the best possible combo and felt it would have been lot more comfortable if A-pedal is placed a bit towards right, say 3/4cm. Whereas, on my recent long road trip, I got a chance to drive the Toyota Fortuner of my causin brother and surprisingly A-pedal ergonomics were just spot on and have enough rooms for my right leg to be placed around. Just wondering if it's the same case with other bigger rides too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks