Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2022, 03:27   #16
BHPian

Re: My VW Virtus GT | Initial Ownership Review

This is a handsome car. The white dual tone with all black tyres look just gorgeous. With such a high ground clearance, this is one Sedan you don't have to worry for even on the bad roads. Wishing you many many happy miles with this one.
black.beauty is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 10:07   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.delete View Post
6. Auto On/OFF is set up quite aggressively. It kicks in even on speed breakers when the car is slowed down, a big safety concern for me.
Is this issue with Autogear variant. I dont observe this on my manual variant.
It only activates when I disengage gear and have applied break.
But it also starts the car if the AC cooling is going down.
saats07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 10:30   #18
BHPian

Wishing you lots of happy miles and trips in you new acquisition, your writing screamed excitement of buying this car which I could also totally feel.

Love, Love, Love and Love this segment, in an era of cross overs its exciting to read blogs of fellow BHPians who love sedans, I am all for Sedans and the Slavia reignited the desire to upgrade one of my hatch(Glanza) to Slavia (financial sense prevailed and I postponed), have not seen Virtus in person but this blog has put it in on my to-do list for the weekend.

One observation - with 1.5 DSG, its highly unlikely you would be able to manage 15k kms annually for next 5 years with maintenance and fuel in Rs 5-6 lakhs. Insurance will be another cost, so the service package you mentioned makes absolute sense and peace of mind and you should opt for it.
M.Dua is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 13:47   #19
BHPian

Thank you all for your wonderful wishes. I just returned from a short Goa trip. I’m glad to report that the car is just a driver’s delight. The roads leading to Goa are pathetic, and the car just glides over them all. The added ground clearance is such a boon. The engine has a lot of grunt and power. Not even once the car left me wanting for more. Press the pedal hard and the car downshifts a couple of gears and just rockets you forward!

I forgot to mention that the horns are just pathetic. Definitely need to be changed.

As for the mileage, the car returned 13.6 km/l. Considering the roads leading to Goa consist of ghats, narrow broken roads and Goa city traffic (full of under-construction roads), 13.6 km/l for a 1.5-litre engine is appreciable. I didn’t drive to get the best mileage nor pushed her hard, just drove as a normal person would. The onward journey had 2 members plus some luggage and the return journey had 4 members plus boot-filled luggage and some!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
My test car had weird sounds coming out of the air-con / blower.
I too have weird sounds coming out of the blower albeit only when the car is turned on. Gradually (10-15 seconds later) the sounds just vanish only to return when I start the car the next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimfire View Post

Red Accents only in Wild Cherry Red Virtus GT?

Like already pointed out, only Wild Cherry Red Virtus GT has red accents. All the other colours do get silver inserts. One more minute detail to note is that while all the other colours get red stitching for the seat upholstery the Candy White GT gets a white stitching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
Do a separate back-to-back comparison with your Rapid
This one is already on my mind. Thank you for the suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Dua View Post
One observation - with 1.5 DSG, its highly unlikely you would be able to manage 15k kms annually for next 5 years with maintenance and fuel in Rs 5-6 lakhs.
I couldn’t agree with you more. The budget was just an initial estimate. While I was well aware that I would have to extend the maintenance and fuel costs when finalising the GT, the 1.5 litre engine with the DSG shifters felt totally worth it!

I did fill her up with IOCL XP95. 95 octane fuel is Rs. 14 cheaper in Goa than the regular fuel at my place.

My VW Virtus GT | Initial Ownership Review-a10b9b38bfbf4661b797287510f52963.jpeg

My VW Virtus GT | Initial Ownership Review-7886a8d10d1f4721981441c45558d359.jpeg

My VW Virtus GT | Initial Ownership Review-296d530242cd453fbb5f1ea84aba4ef9.jpeg

Poser.

My VW Virtus GT | Initial Ownership Review-f1b952e2cb2f49c4a7738311e430c53f.jpeg

My VW Virtus GT | Initial Ownership Review-71648755a77d42388f637dcd66beafd6.jpeg

Last edited by dr.delete : 5th July 2022 at 13:54.
dr.delete is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 14:51   #20
BHPian

Quote:
I too have weird sounds coming out of the blower albeit only when the car is turned on. Gradually (10-15 seconds later) the sounds just vanish only to return when I start the car the next time.
The same sound comes from Slavia also. It sounds as if a gas is being filled in a container. It dies down after 10 seconds or so.
I have another mild issue though. The rear view camera failed to switch on 5 times with an error message on the screen. It went away after putting from R>P>R Or R>N>R.
amit1agrawal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 15:16   #21
BHPian

Congratulations on your purchase. It's such a handsome vehicle, the straight lines really highlight its understated elegance. It looks even better in white, with the black roof, rims and the smoked tail lamps. Enjoy the thousands of miles in good health!
Porcupine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 19:29   #22
BHPian

This is my first post in Team BHP and What better way to start my membership than congratulating the owner of this "White Beauty".
Hope you love every second you spend with this car, wishing you many happy miles ahead!!
TechnoBloop is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 23:36   #23
BHPian

For the love of God, and the universe, please install a set of lowering springs.
This is injustice in an otherwise perfect heaven of a car.
Old 6th July 2022, 21:27   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1agrawal View Post
The same sound comes from Slavia also. It sounds as if a gas is being filled in a container. It dies down after 10 seconds or so.
I face the same issue in the 1.0 tsi. It sounds like a soft hum or like a soft hissing sound. On Google it seems it's the refrigerant gas expansion or passing through a valve. I may be wrong. But folks here who have more insight can guide us properly.
Old 9th July 2022, 17:01   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
VW also needs to fix its attention-to-detail, my test car had weird sounds coming out of the air-con / blower.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1agrawal View Post
Even I have been noticing a high pitched hissing sort of a sound in Slavia 1.5 MT, as if there's some sort of an air leak though I am not sure where this sound is coming from. The sound comes off and on after some intervals. Is this normal or an another widespread issue?
Old 3rd August 2022, 14:17   #26
BHPian

Is your Run In period over.
I saw in the launch video that VW is offering 3 free services. Do you have any further info on that?
Old 17th March 2023, 15:04   #27

My Virtus GT had the following issues from day 1:
  • Brake calliper noise on braking at low speeds (abnormally loud, like a bus brake sound on traffic signals)
    A humming sound from the right AC vent (right of the steering wheel). This only comes when i press the brakes.

My car has been in the workshop 45 days our of the initial 90 days of ownership (6 visits to the workshop). Needless to say, i was pretty disappointed, especially with the fact that everyone acted as if it wasn't their problem - right from sales to dealership employees.

Finally had the VW team visit and resolve the brake noise issue - even though the noise hasn't come for 1000 kms, i'm still nervous every time i press brakes at low speeds.

I sometimes hear the humming noise from the fan even when i'm not in the car

I wanted to enjoy the driving experience, but i believe these issues have left a bitter taste. Now i can only look forward to highway driving, as the sounds are too annoying during city commute. Should have waited for other options like the Verna instead of purchasing this high school project of a car - put together and working somehow. The car is always on the verge of going through a new problem.

I hope this comment can save al least one trusting buyer from making this mistake.
Abhisang is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 12:25   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhisang View Post

I hope this comment can save al least one trusting buyer from making this mistake.
Please don’t fall into the trap of Buyers Remorse .

Your sedan is genuinely fun to drive
You are the owner of the safest sedan in India. Link to TBhp thread

Hope you have purchased Extended Warranty for the maximum possible period

If not, purchase it ASAP

Also take care that you don’t use any aftermarket accessories that’ll help the VAG group to dishonour warranty claims

Last edited by Voodooblaster : 10th April 2023 at 12:32.
Voodooblaster is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 12:26   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
  • Brake calliper noise on braking at low speeds (abnormally loud, like a bus brake sound on traffic signals)
    A humming sound from the right AC vent (right of the steering wheel). This only comes when i press the brakes.

My car has been in the workshop 45 days our of the initial 90 days of ownership (6 visits to the workshop). Needless to say, i was pretty disappointed, especially with the fact that everyone acted as if it wasn't their problem - right from sales to dealership employees.

Finally had the VW team visit and resolve the brake noise issue - even though the noise hasn't come for 1000 kms, i'm still nervous every time i press brakes at low speeds.

I wanted to enjoy the driving experience, but i believe these issues have left a bitter taste. Now i can only look forward to highway driving, as the sounds are too annoying during city commute. Should have waited for other options like the Verna instead of purchasing this high school project of a car - put together and working somehow. The car is always on the verge of going through a new problem.

Take it to another dealership and see if they can fix it. Since the issue is small (just noise) you can also try going to an experienced outside garage and ask them to find out the cause and then go back to the dealership.
Cresterk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 13:43   #30
BHPian

Quote:

You have spent your hard earned money on this so my humble suggestion is to enjoy the car looking past initial hiccups. Let me elaborate
1. You said the brake noise has stopped and you haven't heard it for the last 1000 kms. So the noise issue has resolved, you just need to casually observe if it comes back again and that is taken care of by the noise so it's easy to spot.
2. You say you are nervous during low speed braking. Did you notice any lack of braking power while the issue was prevailing?? If no then you are going through new car blues and it's simply overthinking on your part.
3. For the AC vent issue go to a nice FNG to diagnose the issue. Try to make videos if possible so that you can show them and also send it to the VW higher ups over email. Now do ask around for good FNG as it's easier said than done. Show a little more patience so that you can relish the true driving prowess of this car.
It's really a gem to drive. Focus on the positives and you will keep falling in love with this car over and over again every time you drive it.
Regards
Laidbackakki is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks