Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2007, 12:21   #46
Senior - BHPian

Went for a TD with a friend of mine who is ' Big SUV ' Lover, His budget is 17Lacs, I told him to have a look at this, FYI I have never sat in an Endeavour before, I was shocked when I sat behind - middle row. It was pathetic, I am quite well buit ( 6ft & 90 KGs ) , I have sat more comfortably in My accents rear seat which is a very low car. We were very unimpressed with this. He is now going to have alook at CR-V & the much awaited Vitara.
Old 26th June 2007, 12:49   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Thanks Dippy, I think you've addressed the question that was uppermost in most of our minds - ride comfort! Well, looks like they're just not interested in resolving the issue & want to make hay out of the TDCI factor alone.

As you said, if the Grand Vitara diesel arrives, it may just spoil their party - not sure about the interior space on the Vitara though, I think its a tad short
Absolutely suman, just the TDCi badge wont do wonders for them. Just because it worked with the Fiesta doesnt mean it will work with another model.

Ride comfort and feel was in my mind from the beginning and hence i wrote my TD report comparing it with the old Endy. Its not that I hate the car. I love the size and how it imposes itself on the road scaring the rickshaws out of the way et all. But once the head starts thinking, everything just doesnt make sense. I havent heard wonders about Ford service in Mumbai so i dont know how Endeavour after sales and service for the car will be. The old model didnt sell much here anyways.
Old 26th June 2007, 15:32   #48
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

In a summary I will say that I am very disappointed with the New Endeavour. Though the engine is decent, major issues about the suspension and ride had not been addressed. Comfort behind is still a problem as it was in the old model. It would have been ok if they kept the price in check but almost 20 lakhs for this is a no no.
Damn! You just had to say that when I have been daydreaming about a black endeavour with 19 inch rims. Dreams down the drain....
Old 26th June 2007, 15:39   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Damn! You just had to say that when I have been daydreaming about a black endeavour with 19 inch rims. Dreams down the drain....

With the stock rims its this bad , imagine what would happen with 19 inchers.

Scary thought what?
Old 26th June 2007, 15:41   #50
Team-BHP Support

They reduced the tyre sizes. The older one had massive 265/70-15 MRF's and now the newer one has 245/70-16 MRF's.
Old 26th June 2007, 15:53   #51
Senior - BHPian

Ride quality or not, the Endy will do well in the market. It is bought primarily for its looks, and is normally a 2nd or 3rd car in the garage. Good to arrive in and stuff - so what if you're a bit uncomfortable for a while.

It will do well.
Old 26th June 2007, 17:46   #52
Senior - BHPian

Exterior wise there isnt much difference between the two except that the new bumper (or are they) makes it look more butch.

And new alloys instead of the older design
Old 30th July 2007, 12:09   #53
BHPian

Actually, the new Endeavour looks much better now. Both in terms of specifications and fatal attraction.
The new-design alloys and 245/70 16'' suits better than the extra-broad 265/70 15''. Overall a very appealling drive, but then everyone knows about Ford ! Still not a bad car to splurge-on for cross-country driving !
Which other truck would give as much a macho image boost?

Ford - Endeavour Microsite

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks