Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2023, 07:24   #31
BHPian

Re: Took a leap of faith and bought Jeep Compass Petrol AT | Ownership Review

My jeep compass diesel manual underwent 15k service in just 5 months. All good. Since I have care package, total cost was below 700 Rs. The car now runs smoother.
anilntny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2023, 08:21   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawad0222 View Post
few months back I had undergone amputation left lower limb, below knee and use a prosthesis. Clutch is continuously slightly depressed as a result of this though it is not engaged and there is no half clutch use. Could it be the reason, I don't know.
I remember that thread. Glad that you are back on the road behind the wheels.
IMHO you should move to an automatic. Life will be much easier and you will put less strain on your prosthetic as well as the clutch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilntny View Post
My jeep compass diesel manual underwent 15k service in just 5 months.
Wow, that's some driving man. The care package includes consumables as well?

Last edited by yashg : 9th June 2023 at 08:23. Reason: Multi quite
yashg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2023, 19:00   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashg View Post
I remember that thread. Glad that you are back on the road behind the wheels.
IMHO you should move to an automatic. Life will be much easier and you will put less strain on your prosthetic as well as the clutch.

Wow, that's some driving man. The care package includes consumables as well?

Thank you.

Care package is very good. It includes most of the usual consumables like oil and filters. But adblue/def is not covered.
anilntny is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2023, 21:24   #34
BHPian

Congrats yashg on your owning of Jeep Compass Petrol. I too wanted to pick up a Jeep when it was launched first but the second row accommodating only 2 adults and 1 child deterred me from going ahead. Added was lower boot space. But having said that, I still love the Jeep and would like to possess one if at all possible.
livelyyoungman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2023, 10:10   #35

Hi All,

Hope you all are doing well.

This is an issue I noticed today morning in my 2023 Jeep compass petrol AT. The display compass in the instrument cluster was not showing any direction. It was just two --.

Has anyone come across this issue before. If so, please help me on how to resolve it. Should I be really worried about it. Attaching an image below.

Thank you.
Abijith P Nair.
Attached Thumbnails
Took a leap of faith and bought Jeep Compass Petrol AT | Ownership Review-20231109_091903.jpg  

Old 12th December 2023, 14:38   #36
BHPian

Completed 1 year of Jeep Compass ownership. Got the 1 year/15K KMs service done at Landmark Andheri SC. No complaints from the car or the service experience. Only regret is that I could not drive as much as I thought I would. Did only 7K KMs in the year. I had hoped to go for long drives and road trips and trails. Ended up going mostly home to office. I have joined the Jeep Western Wanderers group and they organise trails and drives from time to time but could not join any for one reason or another. On one occasion when slots were available and I was also free, I chickened out seeing the videos of the track. Hopefully 2024 will be better.

The one year service was uneventful. Got wheel alignment and balancing done, oil and filter changes, AC cleaning and servicing, and brake servicing. I opted for full body polishing because there were some paint marks when our building was repainted and some minor scratches. Failed to notice silencer coating in the estimate but even if I had noticed I would have gone with it. Total bill was 17K. Earlier the six months service was 2K where only wheel alignment and balancing was done.

For second year I went with HDFC Ergo for own damage insurance, opting for all available riders.

Some stats -

Total driven in one year - 7015 KMs
Total fuel consumed - 960 Litres
Fuel economy - 7.3 KMPL (90 % city)

Total service cost (2 services) - 19,247

Only service hiccup was during the six months service when they accidentally disconnected the wind-shield washer pipe somehow and had to visit the SC again to get it fixed which took 5 minutes but was a unnecessary trip to SC.

Overall I am quite happy with Jeep Compass. Want to drive it more on open roads in the coming year.
yashg is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks