Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2023, 13:31   #16
BHPian

Re: My Skoda Slavia 1.5 DSG | The Blue Tiger | Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Congratulations, you have got yourself the best car under 30 lakhs. Wish you many miles of safe driving.
Thank you for the wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac13 View Post
Congratulations! It was a wonderful review. And if felt good to see some love being bestowed upon a sedan in today's SUV centred world.
Thank you for the wishes. Yes, sedan crazy crowd is diminishing fast day by day. As I mentioned previously, I for one will remain a sedan guy forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Exceptional, unbiased & detailed ownership reviews of cars have started going to our homepage reviews box. It's the ultimate stamp of trust from Team-BHP (as a platform) because lakhs of visitors every month check out reviews from there & make purchase decisions.

Your review has also been included here. Thank you so much for sharing

Attachment 2413784
Thank you Aditya. This thread will see frequent & quality updates from my end in the future too .
Torque123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 15:09   #17
BHPian

Have driven 1353 KMS till date in the last 20 days. In the last tankful did a 63% highway & 37% city drives (480 kms in total). Tanked up the Slavia today & it gulped by 38.52 liters. The avg FE as per MID and tankful to tankful method match exactly. It's 12.4 KMPL with 100% AC on, little spirited driving during the highway run & some extended idling done for photos.
Attached Thumbnails
My Skoda Slavia 1.5 DSG | The Blue Tiger | Ownership Review-img_20230202_144837.jpg  

My Skoda Slavia 1.5 DSG | The Blue Tiger | Ownership Review-img_20230202_145824.jpg  

Last edited by Torque123 : 2nd February 2023 at 15:16.
Torque123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 01:24   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque123 View Post
Ride quality on bad roads - Slavia: 9.0 \ Fiesta: 8.0
Ride quality on good roads - Slavia: 9.0 \ Fiesta: 8.0
Handling - Slavia: 8.0 \ Fiesta: 10.0
Steering Feedback - Slavia: 6.0 \ Fiesta 10.0
Power delivery/Top speed - Slavia: 10.0 \ Fiesta: 8.5 (I know its not an apple to apple comparison as it is TSI Vs NA)
Build Quality - Slavia: 8.0 \ Fiesta: 9.0 (purely from the gauge of sheet metal used perspective. Again not the right way to judge)
Fit & Finish - Slavia: 10.0 \ Fiesta: 8.0
Paint Quality - Slavia: 9.0 \ Fiesta: 8.0
Safety - Slavia: 10.0 \ Fiesta: 7.0 (note that Airbags were not even provided as an option when I got the Fiesta)
Ground clearance - Slavia: 10.0 \ Fiesta: 8.0
Suspension - Slavia: 9.0 \ Fiesta: 9.0 (Giving equal points as Slavia's set up is good for ride & Fiesta's set up is good for handling)
NVH - Slavia: 9/10 \ Fiesta: 8/10
Braking - Slavia: 10/10 \ Fiesta 8/10
Ergonomics - Slavia: 9/10 \ Fiesta 9/10
Thank you so much for the lovely write up!! Hearty Congratulations on the lovely car!!

I can relate to your comments so well as I have had similar impressions after test driving the Slavia. Really loved your category wise comparison ratings to the 1.6. I am just waiting for the MY23 car to come out before booking the Slavia and will be switching after more than 11 years with a Vento Tdi. For me also, the biggest let down in Slavia is the steering feel. I wish it was a bit heavier.

CHEERS!1
Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 11:25   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Thank you so much for the lovely write up!! Hearty Congratulations on the lovely car!!

I can relate to your comments so well as I have had similar impressions after test driving the Slavia. Really loved your category wise comparison ratings to the 1.6. I am just waiting for the MY23 car to come out before booking the Slavia and will be switching after more than 11 years with a Vento Tdi. For me also, the biggest let down in Slavia is the steering feel. I wish it was a bit heavier.CHEERS!1
Rachit
Thank you for the wishes & liking the review . As you already own the Vento for 11 years & counting, I can understand you considering the Slavia/Virtus as your next car. All the best on the acquisition of your next steed
Old 4th February 2023, 23:19   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Virtus appealed to me more on screen than the Slavia. I just wish VW/Skoda had launched a car with the front of Slavia & the rear of Virtus. It would have probably been the perfect design at least for me.
You did just steal my feelings here. Slavia’s tail light design is abrupt and imperfect and Virtus’ front bumper (lower part) is a bit overkill. I too happened to be in the same boat a few months ago between Virtus, City and Slavia. My experience with Slavia booking was more or less similar. Initially, my heart was fixed on Virtus and I checked it out and took a test drive as well but cost, discounts, service issues etc led me to at least have a look at Slavia before finalizing anything. Called the Škoda showroom at 7.15 to check if they are still open. They said, “Please come, we will have someone here to cater to you even by 8 pm.” Usually they close at 7.00 or 7.30 pm. So we got there and instantly felt that we shouldn’t ignore this car as the car is mechanically same as the Virtus. A long test drive next day and the sales rep asked us to drive in such a way to test every aspect of the car like going triple digits to check bodyroll and handling or testing the potholes and brakers to see if it scrapes. This was hardly the case with Honda whose sales rep wasn’t that enthusiastic during test drive which was completed in the vicinity of the showroom covering 3-4 kms only. The Škoda’s experience was as good as VW and the offers/discounts were readily agreed upon to make it final. My budget allowed only for a 1.0 but I crave for the top-end 1.5 (maybe next time). I still miss some aspects of Virtus namely the “perfect” rear end design, bigger 10 inch infotainment and the flow in the side or 3/4 profile of the car. Both Slavia and Virtus are great cars and can be compared to each other only. No other car in the segment or even in the budget offers better proposition in my opinion. VW group deserves more credit and appreciation because they did it with a sedan in a market flooded by Crossovers/CSUVs.

I wish you all the best with your new car. It’s always a pleasure to see some sedan lover explaining his philosophy for the automobiles. I too am willing to share a detailed review of my car but only after I would have discovered most, if not all, aspects of the car.

Happy Driving and thanks once again to Team-BHP to bring phenomenal people like you on one platform.

Last edited by neochanger : 4th February 2023 at 23:25.
neochanger is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th February 2023, 11:33   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neochanger View Post
My experience with Slavia booking was more or less similar. VW group deserves more credit and appreciation because they did it with a sedan in a market flooded by Crossovers/CSUVs.

I wish you all the best with your new car.
Thank you for the wishes. Great to hear the courteous, accomodative & positive attitude of Skoda dealership during your test drive & booking experience. Yes, VW group absolutely deserves the credit for coming up with a stunning sedan in a segment dominated by CSUV's. It's kind of atleast keeping the C2 sedan segment alive for the moment if not forever with a superior offering. As I have mentioned in the first point of the Pro's section in my OP, they have set the trend for a 1.5 turbo charged petrol engine for C2 sedans in the 16- 19 lakh (ex showroom) bracket. We have started to see competition following this trend now (soon to be launched Verna) which is good for the end user, especially the enthusiasts Waiting for the review on your car.

Cheers,
Torque123
Torque123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 12:02   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Starting this thread to welcome my new drive The Crystal Blue Skoda Slavia 1.5 TSI DSG & to give a detailed update on the buying, initial ownership & driving experience.
Congratulation Torque123 on your latest acquisition and it look fabulous in this guise

I had driven the 1.5 TSI Slavia during a BHP drive and boy it really was a hoot. Between the Virtus GT and Slavia 1.5, I personally felt the later to be much more manageable while the former feels a bit too aggressively tuned.

Here's wishing you a happy, fun filled, fuss-free and high revving motoring
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 16:46   #23

Quote:
Have driven 1353 KMS till date in the last 20 days. In the last tankful did a 63% highway & 37% city drives (480 kms in total). Tanked up the Slavia today & it gulped by 38.52 liters. The avg FE as per MID and tankful to tankful method match exactly. It's 12.4 KMPL with 100% AC on, little spirited driving during the highway run & some extended idling done for photos.
I bought a new Virtus 1.5 GT on 26th January. Have done about 750 Km so far; but Avg shows only 10.2km/L. Should I be worried. Not driven long distances so far. To and fro from Bangalore to Hosur once. Hope it will improve.
Attached Thumbnails
My Skoda Slavia 1.5 DSG | The Blue Tiger | Ownership Review-virtus2.jpeg  

naveenasubbu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 09:01   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Congratulation Torque123 on your latest acquisition and it look fabulous in this guise. Here's wishing you a happy, fun filled, fuss-free and high revving motoring
Thank you for the wishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenasubbu View Post
I bought a new Virtus 1.5 GT on 26th January. Have done about 750 Km so far; but Avg shows only 10.2km/L. Should I be worried. Not driven long distances so far. To and fro from Bangalore to Hosur once. Hope it will improve.
Congratulations on getting the Virtus GT. Assuming that majority of the 750 kms you have covered so far is city driving, avg of 10.2 KMPL is not bad that too during the run in period for a 1.5 liter turbo petrol car. It all depends on the driving conditions, distance travelled during each trip & the driving style. I would not expect more than 11 KMPL in the usual city driving conditions even post the run in period. Anything more than that is a bonus for me . I have driven around 1500 kms till now & what I have experienced is that you will get a lot better FE (around 16.xx) on long drives if you maintain speeds between 80 - 100 with cruise control ON. FE for city driving has always been between 10 - 11 for me till now.

From my last tankful, i have driven around 150 kms (100% city driving with lots of short trips of less than 5 kms) & MID shows an avg of 10.5 (AC on all the time). Will update the final avg numbers based on tankful to tankful method & MID when it's time to refuel the car again.

Last edited by Torque123 : 9th February 2023 at 09:04.
Old 12th February 2023, 17:42   #25
BHPian

Got the new RC card post the FC for the Fiesta 1.6. Had to hand it over to the current owner who is a car enthusiast too. He came personally to pick it up & gave me an opportunity to spend some time with my previous steed again. Full body painting has been done & he said he would be leaving the car for a few mechanical repairs later this week. A couple of images of the short reunion
Attached Thumbnails
My Skoda Slavia 1.5 DSG | The Blue Tiger | Ownership Review-fiesta.jpg  

My Skoda Slavia 1.5 DSG | The Blue Tiger | Ownership Review-fiesta1.jpg  

My Skoda Slavia 1.5 DSG | The Blue Tiger | Ownership Review-fiesta2.jpg  

Old 27th February 2023, 16:07   #26
BHPian

The car has now reached the 2400 kms mark on the odo. Did a 592 kms round trip from Bangalore to River Tern Lodge (Bhadra Tiger Reserve) over the weekend. The traffic on Bangalore - Hiriyur highway was pathetic & from Hiriyur to Tarikere the roads are decent. Tarikere to Bhadra again roads are below average. Bangalore ring road traffic is better compared to the truck infested traffic on Bangalore - Hiriyur stretch on a Saturday morning or Sunday night Hardly had opportunities to use the cruise control effectively where one can maintain respectable speeds with the ACT coming into play more often. Lesson learnt. Will take the Bangalore - channaraypatna - Bhadra route from next trip onwards. The ride quality was exceptional. One of my friends who took turns in sitting in the back seat was all praises for the comfort & ride quality at the end of the trip. But boy, the DSG showed why it is the best performing automatic gearbox out there. The accuracy, precision & shift quality is phenomenal & makes over taking a breeze.

With a mix of spirited & conservative speeds during the drives (majority of it being spirited driving), the FE achieved was 13.8 KMPL with AC 100 percent ON. Am sure if the trip was done using the alternate route via channaraypatna then the FE would have been a minimum of 15.5+ with the same driving style.

The previous tankful involved only city commute resulting in an FE of 10.6 KMPL with 100 percent AC ON.

Bhadra Backwaters
Attached Thumbnails
My Skoda Slavia 1.5 DSG | The Blue Tiger | Ownership Review-img_20230225_123300.jpg  

My Skoda Slavia 1.5 DSG | The Blue Tiger | Ownership Review-img_20230226_070112.jpg  

My Skoda Slavia 1.5 DSG | The Blue Tiger | Ownership Review-img_20230226_083457.jpg  

Last edited by Torque123 : 27th February 2023 at 16:09.
Torque123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 18:16   #27
BHPian

Today my blue tiger's windshield (driver side) got a small crack due to a small stone hitting it . Only heard a sharp sound "Takkkk" of the stone hitting the glass & my heart sunk the very next second on seeing the crack. It's been 4 hours since this happened & the size of the windscreen crack has not increased. Will wait till tomorrow to see if it holds up or not. Below is an image of the same. Kindly advise if I should go for a windscreen replacement or just let it be as is if the damage doesn't increase.
Attached Thumbnails
My Skoda Slavia 1.5 DSG | The Blue Tiger | Ownership Review-img_20230427_175420.jpg  

Old 27th April 2023, 19:11   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Below is an image of the same. Kindly advise if I should go for a windscreen replacement or just let it be as is if the damage doesn't increase.
Oh man this is nasty. I have lived with a few tiny stone chips on my XUV's windscreen over the years. From the image I cannot gauge the depth of the crack/chip properly and hence would advice you consult an expert. In anycase, if you see it being a bigger nuisance in a day or two, claim a replacement under your insurance but for a new car I would suggest getting it done at the A.S.S
narula123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 19:13   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Today my blue tiger's windshield (driver side) got a small crack due to a small stone hitting it . Only heard a sharp sound "Takkkk" of the stone hitting the glass & my heart sunk the very next second on seeing the crack. It's been 4 hours since this happened & the size of the windscreen crack has not increased. Will wait till tomorrow to see if it holds up or not. Below is an image of the same. Kindly advise if I should go for a windscreen replacement or just let it be as is if the damage doesn't increase.
Just get it replaced. Its in the line of the driver seat and will be an irritation in the longrun to drive with it. And the windshield costs hardly 4k with some extra money for labour and adhesive. So I am also considering the same since I have plenty of stone chips due to extremely aggressive driving
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 20:08   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narula123 View Post
Oh man this is nasty. I have lived with a few tiny stone chips on my XUV's windscreen over the years. From the image I cannot gauge the depth of the crack/chip properly and hence would advice you consult an expert. In anycase, if you see it being a bigger nuisance in a day or two, claim a replacement under your insurance but for a new car I would suggest getting it done at the A.S.S
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Just get it replaced. Its in the line of the driver seat and will be an irritation in the longrun to drive with it. And the windshield costs hardly 4k with some extra money for labour and adhesive. So I am also considering the same since I have plenty of stone chips due to extremely aggressive driving
Will contact PPS Skoda service centre tomorrow & get a quote for the same. Assuming total cost of the repair is around 8-9k max, should I get it done via an insurance claim or get it done by paying out of my pocket to keep the NCB intact? Which of these options makes sense?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks