Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2023, 12:54   #46
BHPian

Re: 10K kms update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque123 View Post

Added Pharaoh 3D mats a couple of months back for INR 7K.
Thanks for the detailed review. Could you share the link for the mats? Does it cover the center tunnel at the rear?

Also, I changed the wipers on my Virtus to a frameless one, it's 26x18. Guess Slavia also sports the same size.
sid18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2023, 19:25   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid18 View Post
Thanks for the detailed review. Could you share the link for the mats? Does it cover the center tunnel at the rear?

Also, I changed the wipers on my Virtus to a frameless one, it's 26x18. Guess Slavia also sports the same size.
Thanks for confirming the wiper size. Which ones did you change it to? Below is the link for the Pharaoh mats. It's currently out of stock but it should be back soon. Have seen this happening a lot. Yes, it covers the center tunnel at the rear as well. It's a single piece which covers the entire rear floor including the center tunnel.

https://www.pharaohautomotive.com/pr...car-floor-mats

Last edited by Torque123 : 12th October 2023 at 19:30.
Torque123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 21:45   #48
BHPian

Re: My Skoda Slavia 1.5 DSG | The Blue Tiger | Ownership Review

Hi Guys,

So my car has clocked around 6K KMs and mostly everything is going well. But there is something that is bothering me. The shift from 2nd to 1st gear in my car jerks or makes a Thak/Kar Kar mechanical sound at least 5-6 times out of 10. This is not a good feeling and honestly makes me scared a bit.

I have tried to do the DSG reset too and that helps for a few days, but then a start feeling it again. Also I feel the car does it less when presumably it is start of the drive.

Is anybody feeling similar behavior? Should I get it checked at the service center? Can the service center guys do something about it or I just have to learn to avoid the car going from 2nd to 1st gear in tight situations?

Regards
Rachit
Old 17th October 2023, 10:18   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post

The shift from 2nd to 1st gear in my car jerks or makes a Thak/Kar Kar mechanical sound at least 5-6 times out of 10. This is not a good feeling and honestly makes me scared a bit.
I've also experienced this. There's a perceptible jerk between 1 and 2 most of the times. But that sound is not as frequent. I might have felt it a few times so far though. I'm hoping it is nothing to be alarmed about.

I've never tried to reset the DSG. How is it done?

Perhaps other members can weigh in on this issue, so a possible conclusion could be arrived at.
Old 17th October 2023, 16:34   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibhav-Van View Post
I've also experienced this. There's a perceptible jerk between 1 and 2 most of the times. But that sound is not as frequent. I might have felt it a few times so far though. I'm hoping it is nothing to be alarmed about. Perhaps other members can weigh in on this issue, so a possible conclusion could be arrived at.
The answer to the jerkiness between 1 & 2 gears (happens very very rarely) query is given by fellow member @audioholic in post # 1782 (Pg 119) of the Official Skoda Slavia Review thread. He has mentioned that it is nothing to be worried about. I have also faced this issue very rarely while approaching certain speed breakers or on roads with very bad conditions (read navigating big potholes @ speeds between 8-15 km/hr) ONLY & @audioholic's reply makes sense.

My car has now run 10,800 kms in 9 months & I have not done any DSG reset (I don't want to do it either unless recommended & done by service center). The DSG is performing superbly both in D, S & M (paddle shifters) modes as expected without any issues.

Last edited by Torque123 : 17th October 2023 at 16:43.
Torque123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 21:07   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibhav-Van View Post

I've never tried to reset the DSG. How is it done?
You put the car in Ignition On mode. Don't start the car. Just Ignition On.
Then Press your accelerator pedal all the way, so that the kick down switch engages. Keep it Pressed for 20 seconds.

Regards
Rachit
Old 21st October 2023, 18:35   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque123 View Post
Thanks for confirming the wiper size. Which ones did you change it to? mats[/url]
I opted for mytvs ones.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B09PDDXCD9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's currently out of stock and should be back soon. These were cheap, around 700 for 2. I was little skeptical about the size and as these were returnable, went ahead with these. However, these turned out to be quite good for the money. I did use it during heavy to moderate rain and it did well; no streaks and noise. You can opt for BOSCH as well.
sid18 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks