Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2023, 17:33   #16
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700

As my previous post got image limitation, hereby sharing a few more exciting pics shot throughout the journey with RUDRA.

During the trip to Chennai @the famous Nappier Bridge
Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-img_5027-2.jpeg

The mighty Thanjavur Periya Kovil which is also known as Peruvudaiyar Kovil, RajaRajeswaram (the actual name) & Brihadeeshwarar.

Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-img_3846.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-aaabaf6f01364ca9911c69f2456260b2.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-img_3828.jpeg

I always have a habit of cleaning the HVAC filter in between to improve the AC cooling efficiency. And yes this DIY helped me quite a bit in improving the AC performance

Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-img_5894.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-img_5893.jpeg

Few clicks during our trips

Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-img_5940.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-img_4688.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-img_6009.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-img_6026.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-img_6001.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-img_6031.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-img_3647.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-img_3757-2.jpeg

Few mesmerizing shots that I took after parking and turning back to see the beauty

Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-img_5500.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-img_5404.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-img_5409.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-img_5408.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-img_4914.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-img_5413-2.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-img_5416.jpeg

Some sad parts during this course

1. Ran onto a bolt used for bridge construction. Thanks to Coimbatore Roadworks.
Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-img_5157-2.jpeg

Fortunately, we checked with CAI. They immediately supported me with puncture repair.
We found the puncture did not stay. After this, one of our XUV700 group guided that this would make and nothing to worry about. Thanks to him else might have ended up buying a new tire.

2. The windshield crack which I mentioned in the previous post. This happened within a week or so (during the time, one week after the seat cover installation)

Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-f4eba96e5a8948868818de7b7a99720f.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-windshield.jpg

3. The fuel pump diagnostic error mentioned in the post above (Thanks to CAI here for such a quick response and rescue. Glad that we have a good ASC here)

Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-img_5700.jpeg

The canister that was replaced and the fuel pump relay

Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-img_5708.jpeg
rudra_shiv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 18:33   #17

Re: Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700

Hi rudra_shiv,

I'm also from Coimbatore and am looking to buy a XUV 700. I test drove the car in RAMANI, but I'm struggling to decide between the AX5 and AX7 models. Ours is a nuclear family, and even in the future, the car would be carrying 5 people most of the time. Also, ADAS is not a top priority for me. As a result, I'm hesitant to pay an extra 3 lakhs for the third row, ADAS, and an 11-month wait (I'm thinking about the diesel automatic).However, I do like some of the features offered by AX7 and would like to know if there are any workarounds to have them after purchasing AX5. Since you own an AX5, I'd love to hear from you.

1. Seats: I thought AX7's white leatherette seats would be tough to maintain, so I was thinking about changing the fabric seats in AX5 to leather. I liked the pictures you shared. Can you share your opinion on this and the place where you got it done? (No ventilated seats is a letdown, though.)

2. Leather Steering and gear cover - Can be fitted later right?

3. TPMS: Can it be installed later?

4. Can reverse cameras, automatic headlamps, and rain-sensing wipers be added later?

5. Steering-mounted controls on the right side, which you mentioned in your post you intend to install later. Can you elaborate on this?

6. No push button start in AX5?

7. Can we make at least the driver's seat a power seat with memory settings?

I'm also concerned that installing in the market will cause some issues because factory fit is factory fit right.Furthermore, RAMANI and CAI are both equidistant for me. Whose sales and service department is better?*

Last edited by libranof1987 : 6th February 2023 at 18:55. Reason: Kindly quote a post only when relevant
NithinR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 20:00   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NithinR View Post
Hi rudra_shiv,

I'm also from Coimbatore and am looking to buy a XUV 700. I test drove the car in RAMANI, but I'm struggling to decide between the AX5 and AX7 models. Ours is a nuclear family, and even in the future, the car would be carrying 5 people most of the time. Also, ADAS is not a top priority for me. As a result, I'm hesitant to pay an extra 3 lakhs for the third row, ADAS, and an 11-month wait (I'm thinking about the diesel automatic).However, I do like some of the features offered by AX7 and would like to know if there are any workarounds to have them after purchasing AX5. Since you own an AX5, I'd love to hear from you.

1. Seats: I thought AX7's white leatherette seats would be tough to maintain, so I was thinking about changing the fabric seats in AX5 to leather. I liked the pictures you shared. Can you share your opinion on this and the place where you got it done? (No ventilated seats is a letdown, though.)

4. Can reverse cameras, automatic headlamps, and rain-sensing wipers be added later?

5. Steering-mounted controls on the right side, which you mentioned in your post you intend to install later. Can you elaborate on this?

I'm also concerned that installing in the market will cause some issues because factory fit is factory fit right.Furthermore, RAMANI and CAI are both equidistant for me. Whose sales and service department is better?*

It is always wise to go with a 7Seater if available. The primary reason is 5Seater and 7Seater have just a gap of 65-70k and what you get is an additional 3rd row, AC for the same, and a slightly better-tuned suspension for 7 people.

Bw, if you are good to spend an additional 3Lakhs, I assure you that the additional money you spend it is really worth. If budget is a constraint, AX5 is surely a best buy or a "VFM".

Just to add the waiting for AX7 would be ~6-9months and AX5 would be ~6months.

You can take the car in any one of them. Both do decent sales and offer good sales experience. I am much more comfortable and assured with CAI and I have established a good connect with the Services and CCM team. They are really good and I would surely recommend them.

Here are my takes

It is done in a place called "Nano Zone" in Coimbatore. They did a fairly good job but were slightly expensive though.
It cost 24k altogether for seats and dash wrap.

Regarding Ventilated Seats, you can make land with Airbrace Seat Ventilation - Check Amazon on the same. This is just a workaround but does a fairly decent job as an alternative.

I have not tried this yet. I am looking to add it soon.

This is a no-brainer. It is a neat and easy job. M2ALL also offers this as a part of their comfort kit.

Absolutely yes. It would cost 944/sensor and fitting charges. I would suggest you to do it during 10k service while doing the Wheel Rotation, WA and WB.

Reverse Camera - Yes. Clarity is still okayish.
Auto Headlamps and Rain Sensing Wipers - These are temporarily removed from M2ALL because of chip shortage. Anyways this is just a 3k job

Absolutely yes. It is just the steering controls that will be functional. Beware AX5 does not have a Cruise Control and you can not activate it later either.

Unfortunately, it does not. Also, this can not be added later

I believe it is possible, but the whole interface is a huge job. A slight mess would create a lot of issues. Better to avoid this.

Hope this helps! Happy Motoring!
rudra_shiv is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 17:58   #19
BHPian

Hi mate, great to hear that you like your update!

But just to help clear things out, this is more of a Android Auto thing than a Mahindra thing. Coolwalk update is server side and the OE has nothing to do with it.

Google has started the release of AA coolwalk update from Jan first week. So for example in my Altroz, my brother's phone gets the coolwalk but I don't (sadly).

Anyway, enjoy! Cheers!
CannedShroud is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 00:02   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannedShroud View Post
Hi mate, great to hear that you like your update!

But just to help clear things out, this is more of a Android Auto thing than a Mahindra thing. Coolwalk update is server side and the OE has nothing to do with it.

Google has started the release of AA coolwalk update from Jan first week. So for example in my Altroz, my brother's phone gets the coolwalk but I don't (sadly).

Anyway, enjoy! Cheers!
Oh yeah, I’m sorry if my post was misleading.

This is enabled through AA update in our mobile and this is not a feature enabled through a new infotainment software update that released on Jan rather it is based on update that released last year

Between, I believe AA in OE system had an update during September timeframe and hence Beta users of AA was able to enjoy coolwalk in 700. And now most supported AA users can enjoy feature as a part of their application update

Last edited by rudra_shiv : 8th February 2023 at 00:05.
Old 15th February 2023, 16:21   #21
BHPian

Thought of updating you all about the experience I had so far with AdrenoX in AX5. I see there are fewer discussions about AdrenoX in the forum, hence I thought it could be a good time to post this.

This is the home screen content of the AdrenoX app
Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-img_6346.png

And the list of options in the app pane
Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-img_6358-1.jpeg

The trip summary shown for each trip in MT is how it looks like. Unfortunately, AT does not show mileage in the app but the AT users can use ECOSENSE in the navigation screen to see that data
Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-img_6351.png
Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-img_6352.png

Few bits of Navigation options
Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-img_6356.png

Here is an interesting thought by Mahindra to add Smart Home setup in the existing AdrenoX app. Have not tried it yet, request the users who have tried this to share their experiences.
Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-img_6350.png

The alert configuration of the app is configurable to the user and the below is how the interface looks
Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-img_6355.png
Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-img_6348.png
Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-img_6349.png

And (FEW) finally the remote control/connected car controls in AX5:
Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-img_6353.png
Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-img_6354.png

RUDRA's AdrenoX offers customers to save Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-img_6347.pngdigital documents. It is convenient too.

The remote controls offered are:
1. Sunroof Open/Close
2. Central Locking On/Off
3. Hazard On/Off
4. Horn and Blink to recognize the car from long distances
5. Headlamps On/Off

Does this all justify the subscription cost of 5,000/year M&M asks for?
Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-img_6357.png

A strict NO. I have decided to not opt for the subscription next year. I have a huge feeling that 80% of the users are not gonna renew their subscriptions when it expires.

What I loved greatly:
1. The trip summary which is mostly accurate especially the mileage part,
2. Geo-Fencing,
3. Vehicle Alerts,
4. Voice controls to request songs.

What did not work so well:
1. Very laggy remote control operations,
2. Alexa altogether is a hit or miss and Alexa does not have access to Amazon Music which is again a big m(e)iss,
3. AX5 has all motor-operated power windows. But the app can not control windows remotely. This is a part of the AX7L package.
4. No engine start-stop
5. No climatic controls as you can't start the engine remotely.
6. Even from within the vehicle I was not able to control windows via Voice Command but this is again a part of AX7.

At last the connectivity with Vodafone SIM is always perfect (it is pun intended). Not sure if Mahindra checked this in various locations to test this network. It fails miserably at some key moments.

Subscription costs are the same across all variants starting from AX3 to AX7L and why should the AX3/5/7 owners pay the same and get minimal features?

I am hoping TRAI would intervene someday and do appropriate measures to help the consumers to port their eSIM or regularize the cost for such subscriptions.

I am requesting the fellow XUV'ians in the forum to share their experience with AdrenoX and this could reach M&M someday.
rudra_shiv is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 17:22   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudra_shiv View Post
3. AX5 has all motor-operated power windows. But the app can not control windows remotely. This is a part of the AX7L package.

I am requesting the fellow XUV'ians in the forum to share their experience with AdrenoX and this could reach M&M someday.
Good summary. Thanks for this - I too did some extensive study and use of this app and features as such. The auto-window up and closing of sunroof or opening of the window and roof is possible through app or keys on remote. It only takes up or down driver window. Others if left open, stays open! I am thinking of the up-modulator in good old style to retrofit but then knowing this is first gen if 7OO, don’t want to fiddle with it to void warranty etc.

At numerous occasions I have given feedback in my interactions with M&M - ASC. SA, CRM, the folks from their corporate offices I know. They will possibly pick and choose what works in their strategy! Hope for the best - at least next generation will benefit from these 🫣
abirnale is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 18:04   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Good summary. Thanks for this - I too did some extensive study and use of this app and features as such. The auto-window up and closing of sunroof or opening of the window and roof is possible through app or keys on remote. It only takes up or down driver window. Others if left open, stays open! I am thinking of the up-modulator in good old style to retrofit but then knowing this is first gen if 7OO, don’t want to fiddle with it to void warranty etc.

At numerous occasions I have given feedback in my interactions with M&M - ASC. SA, CRM, the folks from their corporate offices I know. They will possibly pick and choose what works in their strategy! Hope for the best - at least next generation will benefit from these 🫣
I suggest not to install automatic window modulators unless the window mechanism has anti-pinch tech. I have a known case in the family of such mishap due to the damn aftermarket fitment of one such device. Thankfully the injury was not permanent.

Generally OEMs will not allow auto window up or remote controls where it closes the windows unless it has anti-pinch sensor, same with sunroof as well, if it has anti-pinch it may get integrated with remote or Alexa etc.
Kosfactor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 22:30   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post

At numerous occasions, I have given feedback in my interactions with M&M - ASC. SA, CRM, the folks from their corporate offices I know. They will possibly pick and choose what works in their strategy! Hope for the best - at least next generation will benefit from these ��
Hey Avinash,
Thanks for the note.

Unfortunately with the remote key fob and app, only I am able to control the Sunroof but not the windows. I am not sure if that is a limitation with AX5

What works for me is:
1. Press and Hold Unlock open the sunroof,
2. Press and Hold Lock closes the sunroof,
3. AdrenoX app to control sunroof.

I am looking for all windows close with central locking too. Kindly do let me know if you found something that would work without any creating any mess (knowing this is a complex machine, I too don't want to lose warranty or electronic things for such simple things)
rudra_shiv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 07:09   #25
BHPian

It's a good feature to have. You can see where your vehicle is located and check the speed of the car at various places during the trip, useful for those who give their cars to their drivers. I unfortunately couldn't connect the car to my Echo Dot at home. It just kept saying access denied or adminstrator permission not available.
I still don't use it that often for me to pay 5000 to renew it. That's my conclusion.
yuvmudapa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 22:23   #26
BHPian

I bought my AX7L because I wanted a powerful 7 seater, petrol, Automatic SUV. This configuration was available only in the 7 and 7L. The added features are a bonus except the 360 cam which is very useful imo. This is to give you a background for my choice. My adrenox worked when setting it up. Never opened it again for a month and now it isn't working altogether. I, for one won't be getting it renewed.
Sumer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 20:39   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Subscription costs are the same across all variants starting from AX3 to AX7L and why should the AX3/5/7 owners pay the same and get minimal features?
Keeping the renewal subscription costs same across variants wuth many unusable features is definitely a big miss. I am hoping that M&M either revises this policy or gives some fee waiver options at renewal time.

Initial subscription though, varies by variants. L versions have a 3 year initial activation, for instance. Is M&M hoping that users will get hooked to the app? Probably not for a laggy app. Remote Vehicle control screen takea ages to stabilise and respond.
IvanBiv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 21:19   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Thought of updating you all about the experience I had so far with AdrenoX in AX5. I see there are fewer discussions about AdrenoX in the forum, hence I thought it could be a good time to post this.

I have a AX7L so I have the remote start option available. And I mainly use this feature to start the car in the morning, a minute or so before I get to the car so that the engine is warmed up and the cabin is cool. Not a big deal but still useful to have. I also like to review the trips I have taken which is quite neatly presented. Again not a big deal but nice to have. I have still 9 months to go for the renewal so will make a decision then. But if I had to renew now, then I would go ahead and renew.

Couple of issues I have seen (apart from taking time to connect to the remote control features)
1. There is an option to set the AC temp when you remote start the car, but there is no option to set the fan blower speed; it always starts at full speed.
2. When the engine is running via a remote start and the door is opened (via passive key less entry), the horn sounds twice and the engine turns off; I am not sure if this is how it is supposed to be.
amahale is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 15:38   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amahale View Post

Couple of issues I have seen (apart from taking time to connect to the remote control features)
1. There is an option to set the AC temp when you remote start the car, but there is no option to set the fan blower speed; it always starts at full speed.
2. When the engine is running via a remote start and the door is opened (via passive key less entry), the horn sounds twice and the engine turns off; I am not sure if this is how it is supposed to be.
Remote Start/Stop and AC Controls are really a "COOL" feature to have...
As AX5 misses out FATC, it does not have the remote cooling function.. (feature comes with price! unfortunately)

Regarding your query:
1. That's the ideal way a FATC functions. It is equipped to rapidly reach the desired temperature you gave as input.

If you have seen there have to be two inputs you would be entering, the duration for AC and the desired temperature. Try duration as 7+mins and the AC temperature 5degress less than the ambient temperature. If you want an urban-cooled cabin within a few mins, the blower has to run at its fullest capacity.

(I hope you start the engine, let it idle for 2-3 minutes, and then turn the AC ON via remote commands).

I should say M&M has really well thought about it.

2. Ideally it should not switch off. Since I have not experienced this feature in AX7/AX7L's, I will let the AX7/AX7L owners to comment on that.

Hope this helps.
Old 9th March 2023, 15:51   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanBiv View Post
Keeping the renewal subscription costs same across variants wuth many unusable features is definitely a big miss. I am hoping that M&M either revises this policy or gives some fee waiver options at renewal time.

Initial subscription though, varies by variants. L versions have a 3 year initial activation, for instance. Is M&M hoping that users will get hooked to the app? Probably not for a laggy app. Remote Vehicle control screen takea ages to stabilise and respond.
Very true, AX7 and AX7L comes with 2year subscriptions if I am right.

I assume the lag has to do more with the poor Vodafone eSIM installed. But for AX7 and AX7L the subscription is really worth (if the lag is sorted) and I would say if they can afford 5k yearly subscription they should definitely go for it.

In my opinion, M&M could offer a data plan like subscriptions like eSIM+AdrenoX subscription at:
1. Basic Pack with commands similar to AX5 at 500mb/day at 100-150rs/month
2. Advanced Pack with additional data with 1gb/day at 150-200rs/month
3. Pro Pack with all features with 2gb/day at 300rs/month

This will surely attract a lot of audience. Not sure if M&M will adapt this as there are a lot of variables they need to work with.

I really wish, TRAI intervenes and bring regulations to the current subscriptions.

Additionally, I learned from AT owners that they can not find the FE in their AdrenoX app (thanks to Unnikrishnan, Ram, Jayesh and Vinod annas from our TN XUV700 WhatsApp group for confirming this). And neither EcoSense in the infotainment console is available for them.

The perks of MT owners is that we can see the FE in both EcoSense and the AdrenoX app.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks