Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2024, 08:32   #76
BHPian

Re: After 11 long years, we finally brought home a new car | Volkswagen Tiguan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Daily commute:
Excellent sound insulation from the hustle and bustle of Bombay peak hours. I had originally mentioned in my post that T-BHP/others had perhaps gotten it wrong when opining on the stiff suspension of the vehicle, I'll very much take that back. The vehicle definitely rides stiffer than ideal, but not to the point of great discomfort.
The Tiguan has MUCH better sound insulation than the Octavia, which can make for a more satisfying ownership experience especially if it’s a daily driver for office commutes through congested city areas.

The stiff suspension at lower speeds is not an issue internationally as the car can be specced with DCC which mitigates this behaviour. Not offering it here was probably intended to avoid cannibalisation with the Kodiaq.

Hope that the new Tiguan is launched in India with the revised adaptive suspension system.

Quote:
A last-gen Octavia like suspension tuning balance though would have been perfect.
Are you referring to the Mk3?

Last edited by GoBlue : 21st March 2024 at 08:37.
GoBlue is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 08:54   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue View Post
Are you referring to the Mk3?
The Mk4. I think it was, the most recent one which had 'indian roads' tuned suspension, which was discontinued last year.

Last edited by Maky : 21st March 2024 at 08:55.
Old 21st March 2024, 10:48   #78

Re: 6 months Ownership update

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitverma View Post
Forgive me for saying, but 6 kpl in the city seems awfully expensive. Is that the case for most Tiguan/Kodiaq owners? Or is it specific to bombay traffic conditions? Or are you always going pedal to the metal? I'd be very annoyed by such high fuel consumption.
It is the same for the Kodiaq here in Bangalore. Get about 6-7 in the city at best and around 11-12 on the highways. No pedal to metal driving. The car is fairly new and has run only about 3000 kms. So, Hoping it will get a little better eventually.
Qodiak524 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 09:43   #79
BHPian

Quote:
It has now been six months since I purchased the Tiguan. Six glorious months.

Headlights still in Auto mode, I flash the highbeam here. The highbeams are extremely powerful and go much much much farther than what you see here but in this picture the nearby trees got in the way:

Attachment 2584286

The above pictures might not do justice given limited patch of road where I took them but believe me the I.Q. matrix LEDs on the Tiguan are fantastic. They spread when they see the road widen, narrow and sharpen accordingly on smaller lanes and the throw is great. There are times when the ambient light sensor(?) doesn't calculate the environmental lighting correctly and the low beam throws a much faded beam than is ideal thinking the road is adequately lit but that's rare. I am considering getting the front camera module retrofit as some Tiguan owners have gotten, after which the lights will automatically dip as an individual/car comes in front of you so as to not to blind them.

hip. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask : )
Thanks Maky for the detailed review. My Tiguan has done around 3k kms and experience has been similar. Only issue is not able to find an ideal driving position despite all adjustments - maybe something to do with my long legs and short arms :(

I am curious about the front camera retrofit which you mentioned above for iqlights. Please share more details. I thought it was already doing auto dimming when vehicles are coming opposite way.
toretto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 13:05   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretto View Post
Thanks Maky for the detailed review. My Tiguan has done around 3k kms and experience has been similar. Only issue is not able to find an ideal driving position despite all adjustments - maybe something to do with my long legs and short arms :(
You're most welcome.

Quote:
I am curious about the front camera retrofit which you mentioned above for iqlights. Please share more details. I thought it was already doing auto dimming when vehicles are coming opposite way.
It is my understanding that this isn't as straightforward. You will need to find an experienced person for Activation(VW servers) & Coding. Not as Plug & Play as connect cables and done.
Better to know if you have a local professional before proceeding for the same.

Following are the product pictures:

After 11 long years, we finally brought home a new car | Volkswagen Tiguan-1.jpg

After 11 long years, we finally brought home a new car | Volkswagen Tiguan-2.jpg

The part number is 2Q0980653. The cost associated should be around 65-65k including hardware, wiring, coding and activation.
Post-installation Dynamic Light Assist & Traffic Sign detection will start to work.

Last edited by Maky : 25th March 2024 at 13:10.
Maky is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 13:32   #81
BHPian

Thanks for the details Maky, will check this later then
Old 25th March 2024, 17:09   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the details Maky, will check this later then
Note, if they find out you've done changes your warranty will most likely be void.
Old 25th March 2024, 20:03   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Note, if they find out you've done changes your warranty will most likely be void.
Yes, i know
Old 29th March 2024, 13:32   #84
BHPian

Quote:

I too am facing the same issue with the seating position.Its comforting to know that there are others who feel the same..I thought that there was something wrong with my car.

Last edited by charan23 : 29th March 2024 at 13:33.
charan23 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 29th March 2024, 14:44   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charan23 View Post
I too am facing the same issue with the seating position.Its comforting to know that there are others who feel the same..I thought that there was something wrong with my car.
Thanks, good to know that there are others with same issue.

The issue I am facing is if I adjust seat for leg position and pedals, i am not able to reach steering comfortably even with max telescopic reach. Then I start getting pain in neck and shoulders. If I adjust steering correctly, legs are very cramped and I start getting pain in legs.

Tried multiple adjustments, I would have seen lot of videos in YouTube for seating position. And I am not very tall only around 6 feet.

Even researched regarding steering hub adapters which can be used to increase telescopic reach of steering. I see many using this in outside countries, but nothing in India.

My previous car was XUV500, even though steering reach was less, due to the height of seat legs were very comfortable.

How tall are you ? What was your previous car ?
toretto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2024, 16:45   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, good to know that there are others with same issue.

The issue I am facing is if I adjust seat for leg position and pedals, i am not able to reach steering comfortably even with max telescopic reach. Then I start getting pain in neck and shoulders. If I adjust steering correctly, legs are very cramped and I start getting pain in legs.

Tried multiple adjustments, I would have seen lot of videos in YouTube for seating position. And I am not very tall only around 6 feet.

Even researched regarding steering hub adapters which can be used to increase telescopic reach of steering. I see many using this in outside countries, but nothing in India.

My previous car was XUV500, even though steering reach was less, due to the height of seat legs were very comfortable.

How tall are you ? What was your previous car ?
My previous drives were A6 and Jazz.I somehow feel that the seat can be adjusted further but its not programmed to do the same.Iam 5'10.I have a feeling that a software patch or an update can sort the issue.
Old 31st March 2024, 18:15   #87
BHPian

Quote:
My previous drives were A6 and Jazz.I somehow feel that the seat can be adjusted further but its not programmed to do the same.Iam 5'10.I have a feeling that a software patch or an update can sort the issue.
Okay, what is the issue you are facing with the seat ? Seat not going low or high ? For me steering reach looks to be issue
Old 31st March 2024, 18:43   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Okay, what is the issue you are facing with the seat ? Seat not going low or high ? For me steering reach looks to be issue
i feel it can go lower and even the under thigh support can move more.In the A6 you could adjust far more.We had a passat before the A6.Even that had fantastic seat adjustment.It had a cooling feature for the front 2 seats.Maybe some veteran member of the forum can guide us on why the Tiguan seating is the way it is and what can be done.
Old 31st March 2024, 18:53   #89
BHPian

Quote:
i feel it can go lower and even the under thigh support can move more.In the A6 you could adjust far more.We had a passat before the A6.Even that had fantastic seat adjustment.It had a cooling feature for the front 2 seats.Maybe some veteran member of the forum can guide us on why the Tiguan seating is the way it is and what can be done.
Oh okay, looks like we both have different issues then. For me seat lower is fine and thigh support is also fine. My problem is steering not reaching enough.
Old 31st March 2024, 20:16   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I too can't find a comfortable position in my Tiguan Allspace. This is the vehicle with tallest/most upright driving position among the cars I owned. Chevy Forester and Ford Fusion were the best but I find even the low positioned i20 driver seat to be much more comfortable/relaxing (in spite of not having the steering reach adjustment and the lumber support the Tiguan offers).

Last edited by Guna : 31st March 2024 at 20:18.
Guna is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks