Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2023, 19:18   #1
BHPian

2023 Honda Amaze S MT | Initial Ownership Review

Hii, Team-BHPians, here is my experience buying Honda Amaze & initial thoughts.

Preference - Hatchback (Sub 4M) and not to buy base variant. Started looking for a car for my sister back in August.

Budget Rs 9L (on road).

Cars considered
  • Amaze
  • Brezza
  • Altroz
  • i20
  • Fronx
  • Baleno (kind of)
Ruled out and why?
  • Brezza was out of the list as 2nd variant was above Rs 11L on road. In my opinion it's not worth it (few features + hybrid technology removed and price remained the same) I would rather spend that much on slavia/virtus/kushaq base variants.The waiting period was 7 months but sales guy said buy Rs 25000 worth of accessories & I will deliver the car on the date of your choice that is very considerate of him. I said thanks and left.

• Altroz - To be honest not a fan of Altroz looks (others Tata cars too) and there are 17 Petrol variants (yes, you read it right) Are you kidding me?

• i20 - Almost decided to go with i20 Sportz manual but then I saw amaze on road (almost forgot this car) and i20 was put on hold.

• Baleno - My mother was forcing me to go with Baleno (her colleagues told her, buy Baleno) but I said NO. Safety is questionable.

Nexa sales guy remarks on safety of baleno.

Me - What is the safety rating of baleno? (I know it's never tested)
    Sales guy (Looks at me for 2-3 seconds) - 5 Stars.
    Me- No, this will only get 2-3 stars (if tested)
    Sales guy (changing topic) - Are bhai safety kisko chaiye sab bhagwan ke hath mein hai, feature aur mileage mangte hai log. (Brother, Who need safety? it's in God hands. People want features and mileage)
    Me - Alright.

• Fronx - Its 2nd model was Rs 8.4 and on road would have been around Rs 9.3L. I am against spending that much money on Maruti plus she denied (looks).

Why I chose amaze?
  • 4 Star safety.
  • Honda reliability.
  • Parts availability and economical service.
  • Under 4 meter.
  • Spacious cabin.

Visits and experience with Honda
In September - Went to check the car (around 5PM) and to get a quote. Was attended within seconds by sales person Mr. Gaurav. He knew all the feature difference between S and VX. (good to know as sales guy usually don't know much) but they were little hesitant to show the car had to say 3 times. (showroom under renovation, maybe that's why)

In October - On 10 October 2023 visited them again for booking but sales man (Gaurav) was not present and other guy said Sir, occasion not good now, come on 15 October its Navratri. I said I don't believe in this sort of stuff but he insisted, and I was skeptical whether to go for it or not, so I left without booking the car.

In November - On 10 November 2023 went again attended within seconds again by Mr. Gaurav (he recognized me) talked some figures and booked Amaze S Manual in Silver at Malwa Honda Sonipat. Could have gone with VX but there is Rs 1.30L difference (on road).

2023 Honda Amaze S MT | Initial Ownership Review-img_20231110_145429copy.jpg

2023 Honda Amaze S MT | Initial Ownership Review-img_20231110_145413copy.jpg

Price

On Road Rs 8.25L. Told him, I will pay only 8% road tax (Haryana) + Insurance.

2023 Honda Amaze S MT | Initial Ownership Review-img_20231128_184748.jpg

Feature difference between S and VX
  • Full LED Projector headlight.
  • Fog lamps. (LED)
  • Push button start.
  • Smart key. (Keyless entry)
  • Rear Defogger.
  • Automatic Climate Control.
  • Diamond-Cut Two-Tone Multi-Spoke R15 Alloy Wheels.
  • Rear Multi-View Camera with Guidelines.
  • 17.7cm Touchscreen (Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, Weblink)

What I opted
  • Fast tag - Rs 500
  • Extended warranty.
  • Zero Depreciation.
  • Return to Invoice.
  • Rat bite (was told it is inclusive in IIFCO insurance)
  • Hydro static lock/ Engine Protection.

Not paid
  • Logistic/Handling Charges- At first visit he said it's necessary to pay the charge but later on was OK with me not paying. NOTE - Buyers are not bound to pay logistic/handling charges, it is illegal.
  • No basic accessory kit.
  • NO RSA.
Accessories
Paid Rs5000 for
  • Mud Guard.
  • Floor Mats.
  • Body cover.
  • Air pump.
  • Anti fog film (for ORVM)
Received 2 pillows (as gift)

Pictures of S variant

2023 Honda Amaze S MT | Initial Ownership Review-img_20231110_145927.jpg

2023 Honda Amaze S MT | Initial Ownership Review-img_20231110_145809.jpg

2023 Honda Amaze S MT | Initial Ownership Review-img_20231110_145715_1.jpg

2023 Honda Amaze S MT | Initial Ownership Review-img_20231110_145721_1.jpg

2023 Honda Amaze S MT | Initial Ownership Review-img_20231110_150724_3.jpg

2023 Honda Amaze S MT | Initial Ownership Review-img_20231110_150759_1.jpg

No dead pedal.
2023 Honda Amaze S MT | Initial Ownership Review-img_20231110_150748_3.jpg

2023 Honda Amaze S MT | Initial Ownership Review-img_20231110_145730.jpg

Driver side door hinges.
2023 Honda Amaze S MT | Initial Ownership Review-img_20231110_150734.jpg

Halogen headlight with DRL.
2023 Honda Amaze S MT | Initial Ownership Review-img_20231110_151028_2.jpg

2023 Honda Amaze S MT | Initial Ownership Review-img_20231110_150317_5.jpg

Pasting (looks cheap) and gap on the side.
2023 Honda Amaze S MT | Initial Ownership Review-img_20231110_150329_4.jpg

2023 Honda Amaze S MT | Initial Ownership Review-img_20231110_150532_4.jpg

Rear right door hinges.
2023 Honda Amaze S MT | Initial Ownership Review-img_20231110_150825_3.jpg

No 60:40
2023 Honda Amaze S MT | Initial Ownership Review-img_20231110_145917_1.jpg

2023 Honda Amaze S MT | Initial Ownership Review-img_20231110_150910.jpg

Minimal hump
2023 Honda Amaze S MT | Initial Ownership Review-img_20231110_150927_4.jpg

Rubber beading stops in middle.
2023 Honda Amaze S MT | Initial Ownership Review-img_20231110_150837_2.jpg

2023 Honda Amaze S MT | Initial Ownership Review-img_20231110_150020.jpg

Partial cladding.
2023 Honda Amaze S MT | Initial Ownership Review-img_20231110_151007.jpg

PDI

I asked the sales guy to fix PDI date (Friday, 17 November) but he said 18 November, I agreed and told him that I want fresh lot car at least September manufactured. He again changed the date to Sunday 19 November. I called him on 18 to remind him about PDI and reiterated about fresh lot (at least September) he said okay.

PDI Day - Wastage of time & utter disappointment
18 November - I was ready, printed PDI checklist noted the VIN decoding instructions.

19 November - Reached the showroom and the very first thing I checked is VIN and Voila its August manufactured not September or October. Didn't even proceed further & rejected the car. He offered a Grey metallic Amaze (September manufactured) I denied because I have been telling him, for the past month, I want Silver. I was somewhat okay with 3 month old car and asked about more discount but no luck. Sat there to talk about new stock arrival and discount on silver Amaze but he got busy with new customers and waited for around 30 minutes (unattended) then I left.

20 November - Decided to go with grey metallic and did PDI using Preregistration check list. It took me around 40 minutes. I would suggest taking someone with you as time passed, I became lethargic & did the left-over procedure in a hasty manner. After PDI 25 November was set as delivery day.

2023 Honda Amaze S MT | Initial Ownership Review-inkedimg_20231120_112027_2.jpg

2023 Honda Amaze S MT | Initial Ownership Review-img_20231120_120814_3.jpg

2023 Honda Amaze S MT | Initial Ownership Review-img_20231120_120838_3.jpg

2023 Honda Amaze S MT | Initial Ownership Review-img_20231120_120824_3.jpg

Delivery Day
Took delivery of the vehicle early in the morning, process was smooth (20-25 minutes). Gave sweet boxes to sales guy and for the staff. Was given a chocolate box, clicked few pictures and off we go.

Rating (Malwa Honda, Sonipat)
8 out of 10

Initials thoughts

My observation after small trip (40 KM) (I was at the back seat) and short drive

Mileage - 11.4 KMPL (MID) 5 people on board.
  • Engine is silent (do hear it when driven hard, no complains at all)
  • Brakes are good.
  • Back seat comfort is good.
  • Prominent sound transfer into cabin when rocks hit the wheel well.

Short drive
  • Easy to maneuver in the city.
  • Sterring has good weight.
  • Clutch is perfect neither short nor long nor very light.
  • Gear shift are smooth with medium throw.

• Spacious cabin.
  • Effective AC.
  • Infotainment, steering wheel & window (control) buttons gives good feedback.
  • Seat comfort is good.
  • Brakes offer good bite.
  • NVH level well contained.

Dislikes
  • Partial cladding.
  • Pasting in engine bay looks cheap & huge fender gaps (see engine bay pictures)
  • Reflectors at the back (near tail light) are just for esthetic purpose.
  • Gear knob has play when in neutral and I was having difficulty slotting second gear but after few minutes got used to it. (same thing told by my brother)

Wants
  • Under body protection.
  • Fog lamps.
  • Good speakers.
  • 60:40 seat.
  • Dead pedel.

Build quality
The build quality is good for Rs 8L car. The seat fabric, roof liner, dashboard fit and finish is good but glove box has slight panel gap. The button provided (AC, Infotainment, steering & windows control gives good tactile feel). Panel gaps are uniform outside. Doors doesn't offer thud noise and boot lid is light.

Engine & Variant
1.2L NA engine| Amaze S MT

Wheels & tyres
175/65 R14 Bridgestone tyres (Spare too)

Interior space & comfort
The comfort is good at front and back seats, can't complain & the driver seat have height adjustment.

Visibility & size of mirrors
Ample visibility - huge windows, A pillar doesn't protrude visibility, big ORVM & IRVM (manual in S) provide great visibility of the back.

Air conditioner cooling & effectiveness
It's a Honda, it blows cool air as soon as you turn on the AC.

Audio system & sound quality
Decent, if you love music you are going to get disappointed like me. No inbuilt equalizer and subwoofer.

NVH levels
Haven't driven it much but based on our 40KM trip I would say NVH level are well contained, no road noise, you do hear engine when you accelerate hard but prominent sound transfer into cabin when rock hit the wheel wells.

Overall, I'm happy with the decision I made. Amaze S MT is one of the best and VFM car in Rs 8L (on road).
CIAO

Last edited by JDMBOI : 30th November 2023 at 18:03.
JDMBOI is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 30th November 2023, 18:48   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: 2023 Honda Amaze S MT | Initial Ownership Review

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing!
Aditya is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2023, 09:51   #3

Re: 2023 Honda Amaze S MT | Initial Ownership Review

It has equalisers. You can access it by pressing that music/speaker button near aux port.
Shaktiman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2023, 10:28   #4

Congratulations on your new purchase JDMBOI , looks gorgeous too.it is indeed the most value for money car under
8L. But can you please specify The build quality and safety observations a little more , for the sake of clearness , as l am thinking of purchasing one .
Scorpion009 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2023, 07:02   #5
BHPian

Congratulations on your new ride JDMBOI!
It a Honda and one of the VFM product in the market. What can possibly go wrong.

Quote:
Me - What is the safety rating of baleno? (I know it's never tested)
Sales guy (Looks at me for 2-3 seconds) - 5 Stars.
Me- No, this will only get 2-3 stars (if tested)
Sales guy (changing topic) - Are bhai safety kisko chaiye sab bhagwan ke hath mein hai, feature aur mileage mangte hai log. (Brother, Who need safety? it's in God hands. People want features and mileage)
Me - Alright.
Really liked the part where SE told the real customer market of NEXA.

Happy Motoring and munch more miles!

Can you elaborate on the drive experience of 1.2 NA MT?
FueledbyFury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2023, 08:48   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMBOI View Post
[*] Altroz - To be honest not a fan of Altroz looks (others Tata cars too) and there are 17 Petrol variants (yes, you read it right) Are you kidding me?

There are so many variants because of the different engine/transmission options. Petrol NA manual has 5-6 variants, turbo manual has 5-6 variants, NA DCT has 3-4 variants.

Good choice on the Amaze. When I bought my Altroz I didn't even consider Amaze because I felt like Honda might shut shop in India any day but then elevate is working very well, so they are here to stay longer than I expected
Old 3rd December 2023, 18:59   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion009 View Post
can you please specify The build quality and safety observations a little more , for the sake of clearness , as l am thinking of purchasing one .
If safety is your utmost priority and you like Altroz looks, go for it, it definitely has upper hand in term of safety & build quality. (keep in mind Tata notorious after sale service)
As I said before, panel gaps are uniform, doors have more weight than Baleno's, boot lid is very light and bonnet has good weight. Dashboard fit and finish and button quality is good. If you want reliability, economical service, easy availability of parts and last but not least Honda reliability go for it (maybe wait for new Amaze, if you could)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FueledbyFury View Post
Can you elaborate on the drive experience of 1.2 NA MT?
Thanks FueledbyFury, I haven't driven her that much (only 3-4 KMs in city) here is my observation - Clutch is light (medium throw) and car moves as soon as you release clutch (no need to accelerate) and it picks up speed quite easily. Suspensions does good job absorbing bumps/potholes (14 inch small tyres) gearshifts are not that smooth (I struggle a little especially slotting second but while it is moving it's smooth, maybe spoiled by Kushaq and definitely me not being used to it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaktiman View Post
It has equalisers. You can access it by pressing that music/speaker button near aux port.
Thanks. Sales guy said it does not have equaliser and I didn't check it. First thing I am going to check, when it arrives (Sister's car)
JDMBOI is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2024, 22:50   #8
BHPian

Re: 2023 Honda Amaze S MT | 1 month checkup turned into headache.

My very first visit to ASS (Malwa Honda Sonipat) for one month checkup (free service) turned into a headache.

On 6 January (Saturday) went to ASS for one month checkup, to get plate installed and to get a fender painted minor scratches on rear left near wheel arch (risk of rust, that's why I opted for repaint) was given 1 day time. I requested the body shop manager (Mr. Arun) to keep me posted on the work done (step by step) and to tape the car properly before painting he obliged and by the time I reached home I received a notification of group invite on whats app and I was quite happy by how prompt he was but the happiness lasted short. I was unable to pick the car on 7th of January due to family obligation/function. It was 17:30 so I decided to go early in the morning.

8 January - Reached the showroom at 10:40 met the body shop manager and he said you didn't pick the car yesterday. I stated that no one intimated me plus I was busy and I asked him what's the objective of making group (since I didn't get a single update) He replied - I was not present. ( Sunday on 7th January) then he ordered the guy who did the paint job to get the car. Now things takes a U turn here. The guy went to get the car but did not come. I waited at least 10 minutes and thoughts started rushing in about mishap with car, went myself to see why the heck its taking him this much time to bring the car parked few meters away. A huge sigh of relief when I saw them cleaning the car but I noticed 2 white dots on the co driver door as I walked toward the car it turned out to be a huge scratch.

Expand image to see
2023 Honda Amaze S MT | Initial Ownership Review-img_20240108_104721_2.jpg

2023 Honda Amaze S MT | Initial Ownership Review-inkedimg_20240108_104727_1.jpg

I called Mr. Gourav (Sales guy) and asked him to come near washing bay ASAP. Showed him the damage and he was shocked because he was the one who saw the car first (on 6 January) and drove to the service bay with me riding shotgun. He called the body shop manager and he was shocked too he started asking staff who did that but no one took the responsibility the dude who did the paint job said I parked the car yesterday and these were not here. Even body shop manager said these were not here because he checked the car himself (on 6th January) and I had a conversation with him about minor scratches caused by the body cover.

Quote:
Single scratch gives me sleepless night after seeing the car in that state I was so hurt and the next thing that you don't want to hear is one of their smart employee blaming you for the scratches by saying it must have there even before I brought the car. I didn't said a single word to anyone afterward and started clicking pictures of car and examined the whole car again.
Mr. Gourav pointed that Mr. A (forgot the name) clicked picture of the car while making a job card. He called him and told him to come ASAP then clicked pictures were analysed and there were no scratches not even a single smudge on the door and the guy who blamed me went dumb. Mr. Arun (body shop manager) took prompt action and requested to wait 2 hours or come back later. I chose the latter.

2023 Honda Amaze S MT | Initial Ownership Review-img_20240108_105542_3.jpg

2023 Honda Amaze S MT | Initial Ownership Review-img_20240108_105620_2.jpg

Reached ASS around 15:15 went straight to the car saw the door painted was relieved a bit only to get disappointed. I noticed a huge rectangle on the rear left door. I touched the surface and it was rough (looked like over spray) I pointed it to the manager he said its the tape residue (I didn't buy that because a tape can't cause that and if it does it would be sticky) (see picture) he called his guy for buffing and you won't believe what he said - can you bring the car later on? are you kidding me? manager went strict and got it done within 10 minutes. I was so upset that I just wanted to get out of there before I loose my temper after that got the plate installed and paid the bill & off I go. Before leaving I got a written statement if something goes wrong with paint in future ASS will be held responsible for further repairs.

2023 Honda Amaze S MT | Initial Ownership Review-inkedimg_20240108_144521_1.jpg

It was Mr. Arun support and prompt service (body shop manager) that I was cool through out the process even thought it was a mega inconvenience and painful to see the car in that state. I thanked him and Mr. Gourav before leaving but I didn't like General Manager attitude toward this mishap he was supportive but showed no remorse toward what happened. For him it's JUST A CAR but he doesn't understand what a CAR actually is for a PETROLHEAD. (based on the way he talked)

Next time car goes for service I ain't going to leave it unattended even if I have to stand right next to it for hours.

The ASS people (all of them whether it's Maruti, Hyundai, VW or anyone else) need to learn to respect someone property and being a Honda (Japanese company) Japanese officials should teach their Indian counterpart some Japanese Ethics and Etiquette.

Small story on Japanese people respect toward others people property - A youtuber in Japan parked his car outside his air bnb and when he woke up he found some construction workers working next to his car and he was astonished by the fact that his car was covered (with a car cover, not his) cones were placed next to his car and they even cleaned his car after work was done that's why I love Japanese people.

Quote:
Huge thanks to Mr. Gaurav (Sales guy) (always there for help, they should give him a raise) and Mr. Arun too.
Lesson learnt - Click as many pictures as possible of exterior, interior, engine bay, inside the boot even under-body of the car you never know what's around the corner.
JDMBOI is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th February 2024, 08:23   #9
BHPian

Re: 2023 Honda Amaze S MT | 2 months & 1152 KM report

Our Amaze finally covered 1K KM and I am quite happy with the car except few niggles. Here is my 2 months ownership report, I hope it helps.
  • Odometer - 1152 KM.

2023 Honda Amaze S MT | Initial Ownership Review-img_20240213_152428.jpg

• Mileage - It stayed around 11 KMPL (usually driven in city) but after crossing 1000 KM it has gone up. Best I have seen in cluster is 14.2 KMPL. It's going to go up after first service.

2023 Honda Amaze S MT | Initial Ownership Review-img_20240213_152447.jpg

• Headlight- (OSRAM 12V bulb) Its performance is okay for city, if you do highway run at night you definitely need an upgrade. (ours is mid variant with halogen bulb(reflectors) and no fog light, top variant comes with LED projectors & LED fog lights)

• Light on boot neither a reflector nor a light, just there for aesthetic purpose. I am thinking of pasting the red reflector tape in small stripe like the tail light design.

• NVH level - On a well paved road almost none. Poor road surface (crack lines) then its a whole different story, it too loud.

• Only 2 months and clutch spring is making noise (need lubrication)
    • Noise from dashboard (driver side) (randomly comes and goes)
    • Engine noise - No sound enters cabin at low rpm and idling but around 3K RPM (in Ist and second gear) engine and gearbox noise starts to come inside.
    • Vibrations - No vibrations transfers to the steering wheel and gear knob does not shake.

• Fit and finish - Overall I would rate it 7/10.

• Panel gaps of doors and trunk area are uniform. Lacks (at corners) where bonnet meets the lip and poor around the headlight.

Front right side
      2023 Honda Amaze S MT | Initial Ownership Review-indimg_20240213.jpg

Front left side
      2023 Honda Amaze S MT | Initial Ownership Review-inkimg_20240213.jpg

• I am not satisfied at all with the glove box quality. It has panel gaps and I hate the lock mechanism, it feels cheap. This is what I do to close it softly - Pull the lever, close the glove box and then release the lever. The tabs provided to hold the glove box are not proper tabs that you press to access filter. they made a small cut so that you can flex the plastic to access filter. Glove box has coin holder though.

2023 Honda Amaze S MT | Initial Ownership Review-inkeimg_20240213_1413.jpg

• Ride quality - It's comfortable (175/65/R14 Bridgestone tyres) but when there is an undulation on road the ride becomes bumpy at rear (by bumpy I mean you feel the suspension compression and rebound) maybe its because of small size tyre or soft suspension setup at back. If you are doing good speed you may loose confidence. With those small size tyre you have to slow down ( almost complete stop) for speed breakers . In future, definitely going to upsize the tyre to top variant specifications.

• Gearbox - NOT A FAN.

If you are standing still and driving at slow speed it is butter smooth, no complains at all. Its the second (sometime first too) ruining the experience and even questioning myself did I make a wrong choice? if you have read my initial thoughts you may remember I mentioned problem slotting second gear well, I am still facing the issue. At low speed it ain't a problem it is smooth, it happen when you are shifting from third to second (around 20 KMPH) the stupid gearbox won't go into second or need a hard push, leaving me in middle of road at slow speed with people honking from behind.

Recently faced the issue few days ago trying to slot 2 coming from 3 gear (this time road was empty I used the momentum to pull over) when the car stopped I tried slotting second no luck tried first no luck but 3, 4, 5 were smooth. Somehow I managed to engage first and kept going.

Intimated the sales guy many times about the problem at first he said you are not depressing the clutch fully. He even test drove the car in showroom premises (at one point I engaged gears for him and it was smooth) but I took some notes about this issue and found out it doesn't happen at low speed it happen when you downshift from third to second but after repeated complaining he agreed and told me to forward the address so that he himself and service guy will come to check. (so nice of him, he always helps me) but I refused as car was not at home and told him that I will bring the car later on myself. I finally went to showroom and he drove the car and agreed to my theory and said it need lubrication plus try avoiding shifting to second gear around 20KMPH (shift below 20KMPH). He also mentioned that he has seen this problem in new Honda Elevate (their test drive vehicle) and our amaze. plus a bonus for you he also mentioned new Amaze coming in July.

• Gear throw - 1,3,5 are okay but 2,4 and Reverse are longer.

• Rev match - It's a struggle, you have to press the accelerator more than usual to gain around 1.5-2K rpm now it's getting easy as it crossed 1K KM. (Engine is now rev happy)

• Steering - Feels good to hold, neither thin nor thick (I have big hands) it has okay weight. There is a slight play where it doesn't respond to movements at high speed but car is nimble.

• AC - Can't complain its simply the best.

• Infotainment- Infotainment unit work flawlessly connects to Bluetooth in no time and I don't miss touch screen at all. Love physical buttons. I don't think I have used touch screen on our Kushaq at all while driving.

Can't comment on bluetooth call functionality & call quality it offers. I don't use phone at all while driving if I have to answer a call I pull over and use mobile rather than car mic and speakers)

• Brakes - Hit or miss. Sometime I am okay and sometime I'm not. Definitely need improvement.

• Seats- The seats are comfortable but they don't hug you though (front seats) & driver seat has height adjustment.

• Stability - Haven't gone above 85 KMPH but it is stable but that bumpy feel over undulating road is a problem high speed. (big size tyres may solve the problem)

• Surface rust - Surface rust has been there on axle rod in brand new car (saw it during PDI) cost cutting by Honda. Just paint them Honda.

• Visibility -Side view mirrors are huge offers good visibility, no issue at all.

• Speakers - Need improvement. As more and more time I spend with it the more I am getting used to it and in built equalizer helps a lot.

• Parking sensors - Boy oh Boy! they are sensitive,(not complaining) its better safe than sorry.

• Foot rest - The plastic foot rest was not pasted properly I accidentally hit it while placing the mat had to glue it again in its position.

2023 Honda Amaze S MT | Initial Ownership Review-inkedimg_20240213.jpg

• Wiper spray - Pathetic spray only covers the lower bottom part.

Quote:
Correction - Car has equalizer (In the very first post, I said it doesn't).
CIAO

Last edited by Aditya : 15th February 2024 at 19:58. Reason: As requested
JDMBOI is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 23:31   #10
BHPian

My 2 cents - create a provision for such occurrences again in future. God forbid nothing happens! That's how I learnt to keep my cool. Earlier my blood used to boil, when something minor damage happens to my car. Here are some incidents:
(i) Within 2 days of delivery, some random school kids on a dio scratched my City's rear bumper when they were triple riding and couldn't break.

(ii) For second free service ASC offered free pickup and drop. Foolish me agreed. Car came back with a major scratch on the front bumper. Luckily the body shop manager repainted it without claiming my insurance and free of cost (mind you, they can refuse this too legally. They're offering pickup/drop at your risk)

(iii) no one knows who scratched the driver side door while the car was parked in our apartment with 24*7 security. I can go on.

I'm fully prepared mentally that my car is going to return home with a dent and a scratch, since I drive 30+ kms everyday in peak Bangalore traffic.
Also while leaving the vehicle at ASC, I know it's going to have some screw driver marks, greese on the leather seats. Atleast Honda is not going to mess up with your engine, that's all my expectations are.

I'm sorry to say this, we are living in the world's most populous country and possibly when the population is at it's peak. Attention to detail, individual care etc is something we can't expect as a matter of right. Atleast I've come to terms with it.
2nd_gear_7krpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 17:48   #11
BHPian

Re: 2023 Honda Amaze S MT | 2 months & 1152 KM report

Quote:
[

[*] Gearbox - NOT A FAN.

If you are standing still and driving at slow speed it is butter smooth, no complains at all. Its the second (sometime first too) ruining the experience and even questioning myself did I make a wrong choice? if you have read my initial thoughts you may remember I mentioned problem slotting second gear well, I am still facing the issue. At low speed it ain't a problem it is smooth, it happen when you are shifting from third to second (around 20 KMPH) the stupid gearbox won't go into second or need a hard push, leaving me in middle of road at slow speed with people honking from behind.

Recently faced the issue few days ago trying to slot 2 coming from 3 gear (this time road was empty I used the momentum to pull over) when the car stopped I tried slotting second no luck tried first no luck but 3, 4, 5 were smooth. Somehow I managed to engage first and kept going.

CIAO
I have experienced the same issue with my 2019 S MT Petrol. Funny enough when the car is standing for long under the sun or is driven around at high RPM or driven continuously for 50+ Kms the issue disappears. Fools at Standard Honda, Lucknow tried to convince me that it really isn't an "issue". You gotta drive the jazz 1.2, that's how this transmission should've been in the first place. But the issue has almost disappeared after covering 20K+ kms. I usually just use muscle force to put it into that gear and with much hesitation it OBEYS I suspect it has to do something with the transmission fluid (probably the grade being used)
z_3en is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 23:08   #12
BHPian

I had this gear not slotting issue on a 2012 City in the initial year or so of ownership and I thought my gearbox is lemon. Surprisingly it got much better later and I even forgot that this was an issue early on until I read your post. People who haven't driven a City before will comment how slick and smooth the gearbox is so I hope your shifts improve with time too.
Doge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2024, 07:09   #13
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Hii, Team-BHPians, here is my experience buying Honda Amaze & initial thoughts.
Hi.
Welcome to the 'Amazing' world of Honda Amaze. I own a 15 month old (BS 6.1) VX CVT

What are your observations on :

Clutch
Steering heaviness & preciseness
Engine noise at higher (>4000 rpm)
Rear-seat: Angle & comfort for 3
Mileage- city & highway.
Sound insulation

Last edited by vb-saan : 14th April 2024 at 07:24. Reason: Please avoid quoting a full long post. Thank you!
Old 29th March 2024, 10:01   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDIAFIRST View Post
Hi.
Welcome to the 'Amazing' world of Honda Amaze. I own a 15 month old (BS 6.1) VX CVT

What are your observations on :

Clutch
Steering heaviness & preciseness
Engine noise at higher (>4000 rpm)
Rear-seat: Angle & comfort for 3
Mileage- city & highway.
Sound insulation
Clutch - It's perfect IMO. Neither too light nor heavy, has just the right amount of weight. Same goes to the biting point neither early nor late it is around 60%.

Steering - (Our car has 175/65/R14 profile tyres) Steering has adequate weight not too light. It has some play in the center position where it doesn't respond to movement at high speed and yet it is precise. Never ever I felt like I steered it more or less to get the results I wanted or car behaved in a manner which I didn't expect based on the input I have given.

Engine Noise - Honestly I have not taken it to 4K RPM, most I have touched is 3K and yes it get noisy. Engine and gearbox noise starts to come inside around 3K RPM.

Rear seat - My height is 5"5 + skinny and I love the rear seats feels like they were tailor made for me, lacks under thigh support (somewhat) and it could be fixed if I stretch my legs under the front seat. I have plenty of space in front and adequate heard room too. The headrest (only two) are not adjustable but it gets the job done for me. I think I can easily do 4-5 hours journey easily thanks to airy cabin, big side windows and the comforts it offers. I can't say the same for the middle row seat the form material used in the middle row is hard than the adjacent seats. Out of 3 people 2 people will not complain at all, swapping seats will keep all happy.

Mileage - Car is mostly driven in city (in its break in period, purchased on 24 November 2023) and does 80 KM round trip (state highway) once or twice in a month. As I am typing this, the mileage in MID is 11.9 KMPL for Trip A and 13.2 for trip B. Best shown in MID is 17 (something) thanks to 80 KM trip. The car (manual transmission) stays around 2100-2200 rpm at 80 KMPH in 5th gear which definitely hurts the mileage to some extent, keeping it under 80 will surely help in attaining good figures.

Sound - It's well contained & could have been better. All depends on road surface, if its well paved you only hear road noise to some extent (which is normal) and can be fixed with music at low volume or changing tyres to good quality.

I hope you got all the information you needed, will post more detailed information in coming months. Cheers!
JDMBOI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2024, 10:35   #15

Congratulations on purchase of Amaze from one of most reliable Car makers in India.
Meanwhile seen recent NCAP rating of Amaze being rated 2 star, but I suppose its structural integrity is still a 4 star rated.
Hope to see improvement in its NCAP rating for next generation Amaze launch in India.

I have also shortlisted Amaze over Brezza for my brother to purchase soon in late 2024. I suppose by then we can see next generation Amaze in Indian market.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks