Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2024, 21:06   #16
BHPian

Re: Used Maruti S-Presso AMT | Ownership Review | My Second Love Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
It was a delightful read, good one
You are one of the rare folks who is enjoying the AMT and your driving style would've a lot to do with it. Impressive FE too.

I hope its settled, if your recommended is 0W20 its fully synthetic anyway. Maruti oils are good enough and made by Castrol/Idemitsu/Indian Oil and you pay for the amount you use which I guess would be 2.9 liters. 5W30 also works for hotter/longer driving and quite popular.
Thank you so much.

Haha, true, I know, right? I have seen many people criticizing AMT in forums; no one seems to like it. However, it's not that bad, to be honest, or at least to me. I have driven both DCT as well. DCT is, of course, superior, but AMT doesn't deserve to be hated either. It's well-tuned nowadays, and I'm really enjoying it.

Thanks for the oil recommendation; I will proceed with the same Maruti oil.
raptor_diwan is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2024, 21:23   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_diwan View Post
- I have seen many people criticizing AMT in forums; no one seems to like it.
It's well-tuned nowadays, and I'm really enjoying it.

- Thanks for the oil recommendation; I will proceed with the same Maruti oil.
- I am one of those but the only AMT I have driven was a Nexon Dark which wasn't a good point to start on anyway I have heard that Hyundai and Maruti have the better tuned AMTs over others and probably aided by peppier engines and light weight. Will definitely try them out.
IMO AMTs were built keeping your usage and driving style style in mind.

- Since you drive for long distances and operate in a relatively hot place, you can try the 5W30 fully synthetic too. I am currently using it on our wagonR(K10B) recommended for 0W20 and it makes the engine quieter and smoother especially during hot/long drives. During cold starts the engine does feel a bit harsh for 2 mins until it reaches operating temperatures and you might get 1kmpl less in city driving but that's about it.
Personally, I have been using both grades depending on whatever was available at the MASS.

Enjoy your S-Presso

Last edited by shancz : 8th January 2024 at 21:24. Reason: typos
shancz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2024, 21:30   #18
BHPian

Quote:

I was drawn to the S-Presso pre-owned car at Maruti True Value. The impressive test drive, with its smooth transmission and engine performance, convinced us to pay the advance.
Congratulations on your S-Presso purchase from TrueValue, and latching onto your purchase decision to bring it home despite the sales hurdles. From the pictures I see you got the top end version. I can very well relate to your attraction towards the car from your test drive experiences. It certainly leaves a likeable impression considering its responsiveness and navigational behaviours on road, its a driver's delight for a car of its size. Can't agree more! It responds how I wanted it to whenever I needed it to.

Moreover from my personal experiences so far, I feel MASC is among the best in terms of listening well to customers , and following up on customer satisfaction. While this is subjective, but from my Hyundai, TASS experiences of past and current, I feel Maruti is definitely among the best.

Wishing you an enjoyable ownership experience with S-Presso.
TheCamShaft is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2024, 02:20   #19
BHPian

Although I would've desired the design to be as cute and neutral as Honda-e, this vehicle kinda grew on me. I may get one myself as a replacement to my scooter lol😁

And you are absolutely right, AMTs are overhated. Maruti has tuned it nicely. Only on spirited driving have I felt AMT was a limiting factor.
subie_socal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2024, 07:17   #20
BHPian

Congratulations on your purchase. I strongly agree with you in terms of using a smaller vehicle when the number of passengers is 1-2. This is not only easy in terms of pocket, but is also environment friendly and traffic friendly.
In terms of a used car, what better than a Maruti, with its reliable performance, wide service network and peppy NA engines that combine fun with efficiency. The S-presso is a reasonable choice, though I would love to see even better design by Maruti in their lower priced cars
Motorhead007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2024, 09:14   #21
BHPian

Great choice. I find these slick shifting, peppy little cars great joy to use. The AMT gives you war credentials to fight traffic and makes it easier for the car to be passed around to different drivers in the family if the need arises.
megazoid is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2024, 17:35   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by megazoid View Post
Great choice. I find these slick shifting, peppy little cars great joy to use. The AMT gives you war credentials to fight traffic and makes it easier for the car to be passed around to different drivers in the family if the need arises.
Thank you! I agree, these smooth-shifting, lively little cars bring so much joy to the driving experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead007 View Post
Congratulations on your purchase. I strongly agree with you in terms of using a smaller vehicle when the number of passengers is 1-2. This is not only easy in terms of pocket, but is also environment friendly and traffic friendly.
Thank you so much! it's definitely a practical and eco-friendly choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subie_socal View Post
I may get one myself as a replacement to my scooter lol😁
And you are absolutely right, AMTs are overhated. Maruti has tuned it nicely. Only on spirited driving have I felt AMT was a limiting factor.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Considering it as a replacement for your scooter sounds like a fun idea! Looking forward to reading about your purchase soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCamShaft View Post
Congratulations on your S-Presso purchase from TrueValue, and latching onto your purchase decision to bring it home despite the sales hurdles. Moreover from my personal experiences so far, I feel MASC is among the best in terms of listening well to customers , and following up on customer satisfaction. While this is subjective, but from my Hyundai, TASS experiences of past and current, I feel Maruti is definitely among the best.

Wishing you an enjoyable ownership experience with S-Presso.
Thank you so much for your warm wishes! It's reassuring to hear about your positive experiences.
raptor_diwan is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 12:32   #23
BHPian

Struggles with Maruti True Value: Name Transfers, Insurance Hurdles, and Frustrations

After buying the car, I had trouble changing its name with the inefficient Maruti team. The whole buying experience wasn't good, and dealing with Maruti True Value in Neelangari was a nightmare. The only positive was that the car itself was fine, which stopped me from worrying too much. If the car hadn't been in good condition, considering how frustrated I was, I might have fired it immediately.

Alright, let me get to the part. As you all know how it went during the buying experience, in case you missed it, you can read it here (Used Maruti S-Presso AMT | Ownership Review | My Second Love Story).

Now, after the purchase, I requested them to do a name transfer asap. The manager, Mr. Melvin, assured me that I would receive a call from someone. I did get a call from Mr. Syed, who requested a few documents, and I sent them immediately via WhatsApp. However, since then, there has been no response from either of them. When I call, they don't pick up, and if I message them on WhatsApp, they read it but don't respond.

The issue is that the car insurance was nearing expiration, and I'm facing a dilemma over renewal (Bought a used car | Should I renew the insurance now or wait until name transfer?). KYC is mandatory ( which no one has mentioned ), but since the car is still registered under the previous owner, they need to agree to complete the KYC for me. Unaware of this process earlier, I proceeded to renew the insurance on Policy Bazaar. and got stuck in the KYC process with no response from Maruti's side or previous owner side. There's an unresolved payment refund issue with the previous owner, making them unwilling to cooperate. ( KYC can only be done by the person whose name is mentioned on the RC. )

Despite repeatedly asking Maruti to change the name before the insurance expiry for a smoother process, they missed doing so. Consequently, I had to cancel the insurance from Policy Bazaar since the pending KYC prevented further progress. They canceled and refunded the payment. ( Atleast Policy Bazzar customer care seems to be great )

Now that my car insurance has expired, there has been no response over the phone. I sent my dad to their location, and they claimed they couldn't proceed because I didn't answer their call. They assured to arrange a call from Mr. Syed again. Surprisingly, I received no calls from him, and there are no missed calls in my call log. After some follow-up, Mr. Syed asked for 5500/- as a charge for name transfer, which I paid immediately and shared the screenshot. He replied with "ok sir," marking the first response from Maruti on WhatsApp. However, I was well aware that name transfer without active insurance would be problematic, and I conveyed this to him. He assured me that they knew people who could proceed without insurance, claiming they had done name transfers without active insurance a few days back.

Despite patiently waiting for one week, then two weeks, my car is still standing at home without insurance, and I am unable to use it. After two weeks, there has been no response on WhatsApp or calls as usual.

So, I went straight to the office again and discovered they cannot proceed without active insurance. Mr. Syed claimed he was not aware that insurance is required for the name transfer. He said he would check and suggested talking to the previous owner to do KYC themselves. I offered to provide my Policy Bazaar ID and asked them to put the insurance, and I would pay for it. However, they couldn't arrange for the KYC with the previous owner.

In my search for a solution, I found an agent who could put insurance on my car without KYC. The agent advised me to complete the name transfer quickly, and later we could change the insurance name and do KYC with my details. Another Suggestion Policy Bazaar recommended putting only third-party insurance without KYC. Although I wasn't entirely happy with it, I managed to secure insurance without KYC through the agent, and it now reflects in the portal.

Now, I've shared the insurance copy with them ( Truevalue ) and have been waiting for two weeks with no response. I reached out again, and although they read the message, there is still no response. I'm contemplating going to their office again, as waiting for their reply has been futile.

This has been an extremely frustrating experience. I acknowledge making a mistake in dealing with True value. The only silver lining is that the vehicle itself is in good condition. Without that, I can't imagine having to deal with them for service issues as well.
raptor_diwan is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 12:52   #24
BHPian

Enhanced Horn Upgrade to the S-Presso

I had been considering upgrading the horn for quite some time now, as the horn on the S-Presso is disappointingly low, hardly commanding any attention.

It lacks the necessary power for highway use. Managed to purchase a replacement for 950 /- at GP Road and got it fitted.

The sound is fantastic, reminiscent of a Skoda horn but with a sporty twist.

Used Maruti S-Presso AMT | Ownership Review | My Second Love Story-img_2200.jpg

Used Maruti S-Presso AMT | Ownership Review | My Second Love Story-img_2199.jpg

Used Maruti S-Presso AMT | Ownership Review | My Second Love Story-img_2209.jpg

Used Maruti S-Presso AMT | Ownership Review | My Second Love Story-img_2202.jpg
raptor_diwan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2024, 17:51   #25
BHPian

Just got the 50k service done on my ride.

The 40k service was actually done when the odometer was at 37k kilometers, and now it's sitting at 46,500 kilometers, prompting me to drop it off for service again. Since I bought it through True Value, I still have three free services left, and this is the first one. Most of the major maintenance was taken care of during the 40k service, so no complaints there, except for the occasional clutch shuddering at low speeds. But good thing there's warranty coverage for that, so I'm planning to make use of it and get the clutch replaced for free.

Before heading to the service center, I made sure to snap some pictures of the engine bay, battery, and a few other important items. I also took a picture of the spare tire, just in case someone decides to swap it out. You know, I've gotten into the habit of photographing everything inside and out as a precautionary measure.

It took a solid 30 to 45 minutes at the service center, and it was surprisingly busy even though it was a weekday. I informed them to do the usual general service, including an engine oil change with full synthetic oil (Mobil1), replacing the oil filter, and cleaning the AC filter.

Now, onto the issues I had:

1. Steering Issue: I tried explaining the steering problem in various ways, but their response was that it will only auto-straighten at speeds of 30 kmph or above due to the force. They mentioned that this is just how it is with this car model and there's nothing they can do about it.

2. Suzuki Smartplay App: Since I bought the car from True Value, the Suzuki app's VIN number was still registered under the first owner's details. This prevented me from connecting the app to my mobile phone, meaning I couldn't use the navigation or CarPlay features.

Their response was that there's no way to change the mobile number from the first owner's details. They suggested using either CarPlay or Android Auto, which also required a wired connection. However, the USB port wasn't working and couldn't detect my phone, so I couldn't use CarPlay either. They agreed to check and resolve the issue, and thankfully, I can now use CarPlay they fixed the usb port issue but I can never get access to suzuki smartplay app since number cannot be changed. They didn't charge me anything for this USB port fix.

3. Clutch shuddeirng - The clutch shuddering issue wasn't a major concern, but I did notice it happening occasionally in heavy traffic, particularly in 1st and 2nd gear. Since my car is still under warranty for another year, I thought it would be wise to address it now rather than later. When I brought it up with the service center, they agreed to replace the clutch under warranty, but they mentioned it would take 3 to 4 days as they needed to order the spare part.

I told them to go ahead and order it, and once it arrived, they could give me a call, and I'd bring the car in for replacement. However, during the pickup after the service, they informed me that they had made some adjustments to the clutch to try and reduce the shuddering issue. They suggested giving it a test run and letting them know if the problem persisted,if yes then they will order the part. Surprisingly, I haven't experienced any shuddering issues since then, even after driving around 200 kilometers in heavy traffic.

Anyway even if the issue does resurface, I still have plenty of time left on my warranty to get the clutch replaced at no extra cost.

Overall Cost paid for this service - 4144 /-

Here are the improvements I noticed after the service:

1. The mileage has seen a significant boost! Previously, I was getting around 14- 15 in the city, but now it's increased to a solid 17.

2. Remarkable reduction in vibrations, and the shuddering issue I was experiencing has completely disappeared. It's like driving on smooth silk now!

Adding few pictures!!!

Used Maruti S-Presso AMT | Ownership Review | My Second Love Story-1001.jpg
AIE Cars, Chennai, Neelankarai

Used Maruti S-Presso AMT | Ownership Review | My Second Love Story-1002.jpeg
Invoice

Used Maruti S-Presso AMT | Ownership Review | My Second Love Story-1003.jpg
Engine bay after service

Used Maruti S-Presso AMT | Ownership Review | My Second Love Story-1004.jpg
Fresh

Used Maruti S-Presso AMT | Ownership Review | My Second Love Story-1005.jpg
Inspector Paw is on duty, actively sniffing around to make sure those wheels smell as fresh as a daisy after the car service.

Used Maruti S-Presso AMT | Ownership Review | My Second Love Story-1006.jpg
It's a sure sign that everything's just right and good to go. Four-legged inspector has given the four wheels a hearty tail wag of approval!
raptor_diwan is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 8th April 2024, 13:03   #26

Quote:
Before heading to the service center, I made sure to snap some pictures of the engine bay, battery, and a few other important items. I also took a picture of the spare tire, just in case someone decides to swap it out. You know, I've gotten into the habit of photographing everything inside and out as a precautionary measure.
SA at MASS will take pictures of every thing you can think of and even more (like scratches etc.) just to make sure such thing is prevented, good practice anyways.

Quote:
engine oil change with full synthetic oil (Mobil1)
I noticed you paid approx. 3.5k for engine oil, NA engine from Maruti run butter smooth even with mineral oil, I always asked for mineral oil costing approx. 1100/- during service for MS Baleno 1.2 P and at 95k it was silent at idle, can help save some bucks and bring down maintenance costs. Maruti is known for cheap maintenance.

Quote:
1. Steering Issue: I tried explaining the steering problem in various ways, but their response was that it will only auto-straighten at speeds of 30 kmph or above due to the force. They mentioned that this is just how it is with this car model and there's nothing they can do about it.
It's pure bullshit, poor design causes this issue, my Baleno's steering column was replaced under recall and improved slightly but it never came back to it's original position no matter what speed. Same with Vitara Brezza 1.5 P that I currently own.

Quote:
2. Suzuki Smartplay App: Since I bought the car from True Value, the Suzuki app's VIN number was still registered under the first owner's details. This prevented me from connecting the app to my mobile phone, meaning I couldn't use the navigation or CarPlay features.
I am not sure about this but owner's number is registered against vehicle VIN in Maruti MIS, get it updated if not done, getting paid service at MASS adds point which can be claimed as discount. Ask SA when he is generating pre-invoice for service.

Quote:
3. Clutch shuddeirng
It is a sign for deteriorating clutch plate, started at around 85k in my last car, was more evident during morning and cold weather, slight adjustment helped like in your case. Since you have AMT, it might wear the clutch faster.

Quote:
Overall Cost paid for this service - 4144 /-
After free service ends ask for flat 50% discount on labor, wheel balancing and alignment during paid service coupled with mineral oil excluding add ons and all this will amount to approx. 4.5k, will add to soothing experience of AMT. All the best for your ownership, I somehow find the AMT from Maruti extreme value for money for city use, even if something goes south with gearbox, work can be done at MASS without breaking your wallet.
Bhuvan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2024, 14:19   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhuvan View Post
SA at MASS will take pictures of every thing you can think of and even more (like scratches etc.) just to make sure such thing is prevented, good practice anyways.
True, still, spare swaps happen very often internally. I've read many horror stories about spare wheel swapping and many other things. It happened to me once with the Dominar. They removed the button on the second instrument near the fuel tank and replaced it with a damaged one from a different Dominar. I noticed it because I took a picture before the drop, so I no longer trust SA.

Quote:
NA engine from Maruti run butter smooth even with mineral oil, I always asked for mineral oil costing approx. 1100/- during service for MS Baleno 1.2 P
It was smooth even with mineral oil, but I was still considering full synthetic. As a few suggested in the forum, I used to take long rides frequently, around 800 km in 2 days, so many suggested switching to full synthetic, which I feel okay with.

Quote:
I am not sure about this but owner's number is registered against vehicle VIN in Maruti MIS, get it updated if not done, getting paid service at MASS adds point which can be claimed as discount. Ask SA when he is generating pre-invoice for service.
Yes, I've put in the request, and they assured me they'll take care of it. However, the invoice hasn't been issued under my name yet, so I'll need to follow up on that as well. As for the name change itself, it's still pending from their end, and I'm uncertain about the timeframe for it. But honestly, stressing over it isn't worth it. I decided that their support is useless and take their word as pinch of salt

Quote:
All the best for your ownership, I somehow find the AMT from Maruti extreme value for money for city use,
Thank you!! I'm really happy with my choice of the Spresso Amt. It's been working great for me, saving me money on fuel and maintenance, and it's just the right size for what I need.
raptor_diwan is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th April 2024, 16:53   #28
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Nice and detailed review. Congratulations on your VFM purchase. Wishing you happy and safe motoring.

I am astonished pleasantly to hear you have started preferring this micro SUV S-Presso for your expressway drives, which changes my overall perception. This tiny beauty on wheels.

Though personally, I am a fan of higher GC vehicles like Kwid, S-Presso and the erstwhile Santro Xing 2013 that I had till July 2021.

Now, I drive a low-slung sedan from Honda, for refinement, reliability and space in the rear seat and boot.

Last edited by Aditya : 14th April 2024 at 22:41. Reason: Typo correction
Kum_CarFreak is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 14th April 2024, 18:26   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kum_CarFreak View Post
Nice and detailed review. Congratulations on your VFM purchase. Wishing you Happy and Safe Motoring.

I am astonished pleasantly to hear you have started preferring this micro SUV S Presso for your expressway drives, which changes my overall perception o. This tiny beauty on wheels.

Though personally I am a fan of higher GC vehicles like Keid, S Presso and the erstwhile Santro Xing 2013 that I had till July 2021.

Now I drive a low slung sedan from Honda, for refinement, reliability and SPACE at rear seat and boot.
Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm glad you enjoyed the review. Each vehicle serves its purpose, catering to different needs and preferences. Happy and safe motoring to you too!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks