Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2024, 14:50   #31
BHPian

Re: Faceoff - Hyundai Creta Vs Jeep Compass - Review of both my crossovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by vattyboy View Post
Is it worth spending 10L more?

With my experience, NO.

Thanks for the detailed comparison. One thing you forgot is the safety. Creta barely managed 3 stars getting abysmal 8 points in adult protection and an unstable shell. For this reason alone the compass may be worth the extra 10L you paid.
JediKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2024, 22:09   #32

Sorry, but as a Compass owner I might be a little biased but feel the comparison lacks some key points compared to the Compass. The Jeep is just like the Germans in terms of maintenance. If you maintain it well in time and use good quality fuel and oil it will last you a lifetime although it’s definitely on the pricier side.

The driving dynamics alone, which I feel are the USP of the Compass, make this car stand out from its 1 segment below equals and 1 segment higher SUVs and crossovers. The dynamics are insane. It feels better than even some sedans which some might not believe. This is insane for a crossover / SUV and makes it the only option in the segment (monocoque chassis + FSD suspension + front lower approach angle wind deflector + weight for car and body design + good traction control + steering feedback is a heavenly combination for cornering in hills and normal roads). I think this point should be highlighted as it's a very unique and strongest point of Compass!

Safety is another aspect where there is no comparison - Latin NCAP 5 stars for the Jeep. I feel the Compass is quicker. I am not sure how you got better timings in the Creta. The Alpine speakers are much much better than the setup in the Creta. Maybe its just me. The steering is harder in the Jeep, but the feedback is much better. I feel it's great and better than the Creta.

The touch and feel of materials in unmatchable. The extremely soft plastic and the leather cloth on the doorpads feels so good. I do agree the pre-lift dashboard looks like it's from one segment lower but feels so good when you touch anything!

I also feel you should have compared the Creta to the Limited Plus variant of the Jeep. Even though it’s expensive, it would have given the Jeep a fair chance if you didn't take price as a factor as it addressed most of your concerns. The panoramic sunroof is really big, the touchscreen is 9-10 inch approximately and feels big enough. Slightly laggy, but not bothersome and feels good enough.

The little things like door lock unlock sound, feedback "thud", door build quality, heavy bonnet and buttons on the back of the steering for much better ergonomics makes you appreciate the designers once you drive the car daily.

Jeep after sales service has been 8/10 for me personally.

I do get that the maintenance has been really really frustrating and very expensive and paired with the terrible resale will make anyone hate the car. I hope you won't face such issues in the coming years of ownership and wish you good luck!

Touch wood, I might be on the luckier side here. Once you drive a Jeep, there is no going back to the Creta. You get spoiled by the quality.

PS: my friends Creta's engine seized at 180,000 km. It required a completely new engine (Rs. 3.8 lakhs)

The only drawbacks I feel are DCT lag in the automatic, high maintenance & part costs (when you need), slightly overpriced car, okay’ish boot space and bad resale value like Skoda.

Last edited by Axe77 : 28th February 2024 at 06:37. Reason: Grammar, typos, punctuation, spacing, etc. [+few more edits]
Mohit katta is offline   (2) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 15th April 2024, 18:19   #33
BHPian

Somehow majority of people love Creta but I find it pretty much "not great at anything car", it just doesn't have any major problems you can point out. Sort of a very very safe option I guess.

In fact that's probably the only reason I ended up buying it, even though I had always evaluated options and rejected it, simply because we had to buy another car as soon as possible - like get delivery in a few days or a week and I walked into hyundai and got a white one within that week.

While other cars were also available off the shelf, (except hot selling ones) there was just too much to think about and evaluate whether to take the risk of say bad ASS, or a uncommon brand or maintenance issues etc.

It's like the old saying, No one ever got fired for buying IBM.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks