Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2007, 14:02   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Congrats, but...

explain this?
There is nothing special about this sticker, the pictures wre of Day one and I have removed them. even I am clear how will these prevent the scraches, because they are at very high level and normal scraches you get are from cycle, ricshaw, bikes etc and this region is out of reach. Anyway may it is to prevent scraches while vehicle is in transit or in Yard.
Old 10th December 2007, 14:04   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats, but...

explain this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I thought only the 3.0s leaked oil, but looks like the problem is carried over to the 2.2 also.
Don't ignore it this problem. Get all the seals checked.
Is the oil black(engine oil) or is it golden(Transmission oil).
TSK it is not black but not golden either. I will check this out.
I am thinking to get underneath the truck this evening or next morning and will check the edge of plate where I have seen the drop hanging to confirm its actual color.
Old 10th December 2007, 14:39   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats, but...

explain this?
I tried prodding the dealer further, but you know what these guys are like. He had no idea...
Old 11th December 2007, 11:26   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruty View Post
TSK it is not black but not golden either. I will check this out.
I am thinking to get underneath the truck this evening or next morning and will check the edge of plate where I have seen the drop hanging to confirm its actual color.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Bruty do not ignore oil leaks especially in a Tata vehicle.
They are notorious for oil leaks. I had a Sierra earlier and my main headache and time / money spent was on curbing oil leaks. In the Sierra and similar engines the reasons were failure of C'Shaft oil seal (between the engine and gearbox). It could be only rectified by changing the oilseal which was accessible only after removing the gearbox.

From what I could see in 2.2 engine from the side of the panel below the oil sump - the configuration seems to be the same.

Depending on the KMs run, non-black colour seems to be encouraging. However since you have mentioned that the colour is not golden is again depressing.

I had hoped that oil leaks will be history with 2.2 !!
Old 11th December 2007, 14:38   #20
Team-BHP Support

If its the C-shaft seal, then it will be impossible to detect in a TASS unless you tell them. With the current safari leakage issue, there is a chance that oil may be going into clutch plates. A member had the clutch plates replaced in a June 2007 model due to this issue, so don't take it lightly
Old 11th December 2007, 15:03   #21
BHPian

Let us keep a positive view of things and hope that Bruty's leakage is very minor problems like the oil-sump drain plug not fixed properly
Old 11th December 2007, 17:04   #22
BHPian

I am getting very nervous now, i will visit the tass on saturday. Can some one help me to oget good connect in NOIDA nawab or sterling Motors.
Old 11th December 2007, 17:14   #23
Team-BHP Support

Don't know about Nawab, but don't expect anybody competent enough to fix your problem in sterling.
Try Vivek, I have heard they have some good mechanics. PM member rkbharat for details.
Old 11th December 2007, 17:17   #24
BHPian

Vivek automobile in karol bag, that waht you are referring.
Old 11th December 2007, 17:25   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruty View Post
Vivek automobile in karol bag, that waht you are referring.
No I think he's referring to the one on Mathura Road - not sure if they are any better though
Old 13th December 2007, 12:55   #26
BHPian

I was checking it daily to see if there is really an oil leak ot it is some thing else. Funny thing, I did not noticed the drop of leaking oil today morning. I will observe it for another 304 days, to see if this happens again.
Can some one tell me why this thing is happening, whay ther eis not oil spots yetsreday night.
Old 13th December 2007, 13:17   #27
Team-BHP Support

Did you go through water or something. What you saw the other day could be something splashed onto chassis.
Old 14th December 2007, 17:56   #28
BHPian

Tsk, i did not went through the water, but dealer washed teh truck before delivery, may be that's the reason, but i have not noticed any oil drops even on 2nd day.
Old 14th December 2007, 18:35   #29
BHPian

I just love the space and comfort of the Safari. I had considered buying one, after I saw how my friend (owns a Dicor) was treated at the service station Manipal Motors I decided against it. These guys will not do anything when your car is in warranty
Old 14th December 2007, 18:57   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojgautham View Post
I just love the space and comfort of the Safari. I had considered buying one, after I saw how my friend (owns a Dicor) was treated at the service station Manipal Motors I decided against it. These guys will not do anything when your car is in warranty
Share a bit more details please. What happened ? I own a Indica and I get treated reasonably well at Prerna Motors. One would think that Safari gets better treatment than Indica.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks