Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2007, 22:47   #1
sun
BHPian

Booked Safari 2.2 VTT EX,Pearl White

Well friends, went ahead and took the plunge yesterday, booked a Pearl White EX at Kulathunkal Motors. Probable delivery date is on Wednesday.

The deal I got is 10K off, basic accessories free + Art leather seats free.

I have asked for Steering remote (will have to pay, of course) at time of delivery, will have to wait and see if that is available or not. Wonder who @ Tata designed the position of the Music system. Controlling it when the car is in 5th gear is near impossible.

Over all a little apprehensive about the machine, having been driving a Lancer and Uno, I dunno how she will behave in city. Highways will not be a problem for her, I think.

Please chip in and give your opinion of the things that I should be looking for at time of delivery. I have read the PDI Check list given elsewhere in the forum, but I am looking for things specific to the Safari 2.2. Will be looking out for loose battery terminals, cardboard packing in radiator etc.

Have read somewhere about the oil leaks inherent to the safari. Is the new machine having the same problems ? Owners of the new safari please give their opinion. Also is it easy to remove the plastic cover that is fixed above the engine ? That way any leaks will be obvious..

Please give your views.

Old 13th December 2007, 22:57   #2
BHPian

Its really raining 2.2's on the forum

Congratulations sun. Have you thought about a nick for your possession? We already have a Hulk, Bear, Beast, Cannon. What will you name yours?
Old 14th December 2007, 04:08   #3
BHPian

Congratulations!
Dont you worry,we already have an R&D Team for the Safari and all Tata vehicles in general on the forum.
Yeah,yeah...this service is on the house.
hehehe...
Old 14th December 2007, 12:12   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations sun! Is it 4X4 ?
Old 14th December 2007, 12:18   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun View Post
Have read somewhere about the oil leaks inherent to the safari. Is the new machine having the same problems ? Owners of the new safari please give their opinion. Also is it easy to remove the plastic cover that is fixed above the engine ? That way any leaks will be obvious..

Please give your views.
Congrats sun. Good choice. It's a beautiful machine.

One of the 2.2's on TBhp seems to be leaking oil. Rest seem fine till now.
Old 14th December 2007, 12:27   #6
Senior - BHPian

Looks like it is not leaking now. Check this out
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...tml#post656266
Old 14th December 2007, 12:50   #7
BHPian

Congratulations and Celebrations!!

Hey, thats a good deal and an Awesome choice of vehicle must say! you have done the right thing and you will be able to see how good your decision is in couple of days soon. Try to use your contacts and if you can be present for the PDI once your vehicle is sent by TATA to the dealer nothing like it.

Congratulations once again and please send us the details.

Cheers~
Old 14th December 2007, 14:51   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congrats and welcome to the club
Old 14th December 2007, 16:16   #9
BHPian

Congrats. Is it a 4 X 4? I wanted to check how many 4X4 are there. Of the 2.2.
Old 14th December 2007, 17:45   #10
BHPian

congratulations and welcome to the club buddy.
I bought a week ago and for initial days i observed oil leaks ( few drops under the hood on floor), but suddenly for last 2 days there is not a single drop.
And do not worry, it drives well even in the city crowds. I am feeling it easier to drive than my Zen in delhi traffic.
Old 14th December 2007, 18:56   #11
BHPian

congrats sun, you'd enjoy the vehicle.

one thing to look out for if you are going with dealer fitted sun-film is to ask and see the exact film that is being used. i got 3m films, but forgot to check the shade, so it was a waste, would need to go for something after-market. check the manual and the extended warranty card too, i was given a 2+1 warranty card for the unavailability of a 2+2, wonder what would have been the scene after 3 years had i not checked the card, gave it back to them and waiting for the new card to arrive.

concentrating on the music system controls while in 5th may not be very good idea, probably tata designers have used this intelligence in deciding the placement of the system.. :-) steering remote is excellent choice!

nothing to worry about handling in city traffic, wonderful handler, you have a good field of vision and then there is the awe factor to your benefit, nobody cuts in usually and one can drive peacefully.

bruty, good to know that your oil spilling problem has vanished!
Old 15th December 2007, 00:01   #12

Good Deal

Brother,congrats,10 k cash discount,seat covers and basic accessries,i think its a very good deal, which dealer? koyenco? thrissur dealer not offering anything,i just waiting for a cash discount and other offers..please send me dealer contact number.
Old 15th December 2007, 11:28   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Road View Post
Congrats. Is it a 4 X 4? I wanted to check how many 4X4 are there. Of the 2.2.

I've booked Quartz Black EX 4x4 from Prerana Motors B'lore. Haven't decided on the delivery date though. Prbly in Jan as I'm looking for a 2008 model vehicle atleast on papers.
Old 17th December 2007, 20:13   #14
sun
BHPian

Hello friends, was out of station for the weekend, so was not able to follow the thread.

hondadude, it is not a 4 * 4, I dont have use for an all wheel drive.

faisalmagnet, The dealer is Kulathunkal Motors, Phone numbers, 0471 2554233, 2554234. If you so desire, I can give you the contact of the sales representative who was dealing with my order.

aburagohain, I am not going in for sunfilms at present, may be later. & thanks for mentioning about the extended warranty card, will keep an eye open.
Old 17th December 2007, 20:55   #15
sun
BHPian

Thought will give you guys an update on the delivery process

The machine was to go for PDI today, but unfortunately, it was not sent because of some technicalities. Tomorrow morning she will be sent to the service centre, where I plan to give an inspection. Probably I will be able to get the Art leather seat covers fixed tomorrow itself. Bankers cheque for the full amount will be given tomorrow and hopefully will be taking delivery of my baby on wednesday.

The steering remote has arrived, saw it. It has two parts. The steering unit and a sensor with a cable which has to be attached to the back of the head unit. The sensor is then glued on to some point on the dashboard in direct line of vision of the remote unit on the steering wheel. Hope they will install it in a neat way. The steering unit is to be fixed on the right side of the steering wheel. Any body here has this same unit RC10 ? Would like to hear your opinion about it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks