Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2007, 08:03   #1
BHPian

Another Xeta comes in to T-BHP Club :)

Hello,
We got our Indica Xeta 1.2 GLS on 26th (Dec 07) delivered at 9 PM IST at AUTOFIN, Bowenpally. Dealership experience was great. Car has been super silent and no vibrations or noise. AC is great. Was offered free floor mats, mud flaps , Teflon coating. Got a Nokia mobile with TATA indicom connection in the scratch card of TATA One Million Car celebration offer. Sorry guys no pics at this time but will post a cute video of it soon. Forgot the camera only took a Sony Hi8 Camcorder. So need to wait till the cassette gets completed. Will do asap and upload for you all

Opted for extended warranty of 30 Months in addition to 18 months manufacturer warranty costing only 4500 for 30 months.

Except hell of traffic jams, i liked everything along the buying experience. Wasted about 1 hour while going and coming back with my Xeta.

BTW i used the PDI checklist here and people at Autofin were quite surprised to see the extensive list (i customized it for myself) -

Download as .DOC file

Credits to normally_crazy and kishor kulkarni for the original ones

Finally a very Thank you everyone at T-BHP for making my car buying experience pleasant.

Last edited by Samurai : 28th December 2007 at 08:31. Reason: image in full size
Old 28th December 2007, 08:50   #2
BHPian

Congrats on your new car. Having had an Indica myself, I can tell that you have made a good buy. There may be some minor small issues, now and then, but the car itself will not let you down. Congrats!

Do keep us updated on how the car does over time. And any particular reason why you did not go for the 1.4 version? There is not too much milage difference between the 1.2 and 1.4, max 2 kmpl difference.
Old 28th December 2007, 09:12   #3
BHPian

Thanks DriverR. Actually the top priorities were space, comfort, mileage and handling. And as we won't go more than 30 Kms a month on average in City except few highway trips every couple of months we went ahead with 1.2. Even the budget constraints was a reason for the choice.

But i don't feel 1.2 is under powered either. Was fun driving back the damn Begumpet and Clock Tower and other messed up areas around Sec'bad with ease in Xeta even in Bumper to Bumper traffic at 10 PM in the night. Will write much detailed report on how the venture went ahead soon.

Last edited by TrueDreamer : 28th December 2007 at 09:32.
Old 28th December 2007, 11:50   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Really glad our checklist could be of help! Thanks for the .doc file, your opening post has been copied to this thread as well.

Happy Motoring!
Old 28th December 2007, 11:53   #5
Senior - BHPian

this checklist is really super...i came to know about this from 2 different threads today....im going to suggest this to friends who are planning on car purchases in the future...

great takeaway !!
Old 28th December 2007, 12:06   #6
BHPian

That was a superb checklist. Great work...
Old 30th December 2007, 21:48   #7
BHPian

Congrats!! I'm sure you'll enjoy the car. Do post your ownership experience regularly - could be of use to many others.
Old 30th December 2007, 21:53   #8
BHPian

Sure. Its just ~80 Kms yet. Its super silent inside cabin and surely makes a difference from its diesel sibling. BTW i am using Shell Normal at this time and would like to know from other Xeta owners if i stick to Shell Normal (91 Oct without Additives) or go with Shell Super (91 Oct with Additives)

The power steering and AC are fabulous.
Old 26th January 2008, 19:09   #9
BHPian

Stick on with regular shell for some time, My 1.4 gave a lesser mileage on High Octane Fuels in the Intial Run fo 1000 KM., Suggest you maintain a balance 1:2 Ratio- 1 Tank full of High Octance Fuel against 2 Tank full of Regular Fuel.
Old 26th January 2008, 19:37   #10
Senior - BHPian

i believe the manual says something about an additive called system G by iftex. Indica Diesel owners seem to have some luck with System D . But not sure if the petrol equivalent is effective
Old 26th January 2008, 20:51   #11
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Tdreamer, enjoy your ride!!!
Old 26th January 2008, 22:47   #12
BHPian

Thank you everyone. Shell Regular has been quite good so far.
Old 1st February 2008, 01:32   #13
BHPian

Okay, now i will explain some part of the journey before getting Xeta. I was initially looking for a second hand car around October ~ November and looked a good number of second hand santros as i thought that was the best option in second hand market for my requirements which are basically VFM, FE, Space and Headroom (I am 6") and easy to drive in city roads. Didn't get the one of my choice and suddenly my cousin told me to have a look at Indica as well. He told me about the diesel counterpart and then i am not a daily car user. Its out only on Weekends for family outing or so. So i wanted a Petrol. Just then i remembered the "Fortunately Life gives you a second chance...If you still miss it, You gotta be dumb dumb dumb" ad of Tata Indica V2 Xeta. Immediately, i checked out its specs at CarWale and compared it with Santro, WagonR (though this is out of my mind at that time) and with Zen (old one). What i found was mind blowing. I found Xeta GLS (With PS, AC) at 2.97L Ex-SP. Immediately started looking here and Mouthshut for some reviews on Xeta. Then i saw Zappo's post on Autofin, dealership of TATA-FIAT at Hyderabad

First i went to Mallik Cars and took a Test Drive but then i didn't really feel like the Sales people there are really eager to get a sale done. Then i went to Autofin and it was totally a refreshing experience. The first encounter was with Sudhakar, Sales Dept. who gave us the demo of Xeta along with Eshwar , Finance Dept. who briefed us about the available finance options from HDFC and TMFL. Later i felt i should also checkout Concorde at Vanasthalipuram and went in one saturday evening. They are also good and obliged for the test drive even at 5:45 PM~6PM. Spoke with Gouri Shankar there and i spoke with one Rajesh on phone before. Then opened a thread Autofin or Concorde ??? Where should i get my car from? and finally chosen Autofin and went ahead with booking on one good Sunday and they are open. Booked the vehicle and then went back again on 26th morning to complete the other payment formalities and PDI I had the checklist ready by morning and followed every inch of it. But somehow the time management was not done in accordance with checklist. Thanks to the guyz at TMFL. We got RO ready from TMFL by 6:30 PM and went to Autofin at 9 PM to get the delivery.

So far i have clocked about 275 Kms on it including a trip to Sanghi Temple (a type of mini ghat road and Xeta managed with ease with 5 passengers inside and lot of luggage in boot in second and third gears). I must say this one really rocks. Now here are the 72 Pictures of my Xeta. Click on the image of thumbnails below to view the slide show. The first images are of a gift which i planned to give to the persons at Autofin but couldn't give it as i didn't find it at that time but once we moved out of Autofin on the road, i found it again. Felt bad. Also i stopped at Begumpet Airport outside from Bowenpally road to take few snaps of the runway.

Last edited by TrueDreamer : 1st February 2008 at 01:35. Reason: Added about Airport runway snaps
Old 1st February 2008, 10:22   #14
BHPian

Great Pics Bro

Hi buddy nice pics there gonna get the same color so we can add another Xeta comes in to T-BHP club this coming week...
Old 1st February 2008, 11:09   #15
Senior - BHPian

Congrats TDreamer. Enjoy the ride. Really nice experience and check list too. Have great drive. My brother has the same car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks