Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2008, 15:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

yes i too felt very sluggishness in my Brother's Verna SX Crdi.
But after 1800 RPM it's like a race car.Awesome.i enjoyed a lot.
But in chennai traffic with 4 adults on board will little tiresome to make the beast move and ride is stiff and felt Accent Viva petrol(Brother old car) is better in ride comfort.
Back seat is very good and will never get tired in long drive having a good lumbar support.
Planning to buy either this Verna Crdi or GetZ Crdi.
Already have a Verna in our family so keen on GetZ Crdi.if it comes with ABS then GetZ ABS defn by April.
Old 25th February 2008, 15:22   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anju View Post
Kunal,
"When driving in bumper to bumper traffic...the initial lag caused due to the VGT gets a little frustrating at times..."

This is something lot of people write about.
But honestly, I didn't notice or feel this turbo lag in Kencha(Getz CRDi). for 110 BHP mill, the initial torque(not 235NM after 1800rpm) at lower rpm is more than adequate for pulling the Getz with much ease. So you wouldn't notice Turbo Lag......in Getz.....

You'll notice only when the intial torque to pull the car is insufficent and needs turbo to give more torque. And this doesn't exist in Getz as it has 110 bhp mill. If I use the same mill on Scorpio, then one might notice/feel turbo lag....

Thats my take on this

Anyway, Enjoy the new car, its great choice..

cheers
Anju
Even kp zen was saying that he dint feel the turbo lag when inside a getz crdi.kunal are you sure about your statement.even i feel there shouldnt be any turbo lag for the getz.
ram
Old 2nd March 2008, 20:28   #18
Senior - BHPian

hey man , try putting some updates . some pics
Old 2nd March 2008, 23:27   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
Even kp zen was saying that he dint feel the turbo lag when inside a getz crdi.kunal are you sure about your statement.even i feel there shouldnt be any turbo lag for the getz.
ram
I didnt feel the flat spot (turbo lag) in Getz Crdi, the power was quite linear till 2k rpm and after that i could only see the sky.
Old 13th March 2008, 14:36   #20
Senior - BHPian

Kunal,
We are waiting for a detailed report on your getz crdi.
Old 13th March 2008, 16:12   #21
Senior - BHPian

Your updates will be useful . I have booked one Getz CRDi too .
Old 11th June 2009, 20:24   #22
BHPian

Hi Dudes!

I'm planning on a Getz 1.5 GVS CRDi myself.. but not sure of the ground clearance and tires here..? Can a 15" or 16" be put in here without compromising "much" ?? (I know you easily can in Swift)
Also, Are the breaks really bad for a car this powerful, or would they do in long drives ?

Any other limitations I should be concerned about ? I'm seriously considering this over a swift diesel. I'm okay with the economy bit being a little low here.. but in the long term, hope this is not a bad choice.. :-/

Any help appreciated..!

Cheers,
J..
Old 11th June 2009, 21:55   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmonu View Post
Hi Dudes!

I'm planning on a Getz 1.5 GVS CRDi myself.. but not sure of the ground clearance and tires here..? Can a 15" or 16" be put in here without compromising "much" ?? (I know you easily can in Swift)
Also, Are the breaks really bad for a car this powerful, or would they do in long drives ?

Any other limitations I should be concerned about ? I'm seriously considering this over a swift diesel. I'm okay with the economy bit being a little low here.. but in the long term, hope this is not a bad choice.. :-/

Any help appreciated..!

Cheers,
J..
I suggest you read the various test-drive & ownership reports - a few references would be that of KPZen, Anju, DJay99, Undead, Torqueguru, lionheart133, and a lot of others.

The stock tires are not good enough to handle the power, and up-sizing to a wider tire is definitely a must. I have driven a fellow-BHPian's car with a 15" alloys and 205/50 tires. The wider tires improve handling by miles, and improves braking a lot too - no good driver can complain after the wearing the new footwear...
Old 16th June 2009, 11:40   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmonu View Post
Hi Dudes!

Any help appreciated..!

Cheers,
J..

The handling isnt anything to write home about with the original tyres. Suggest you get an upgrade. As far as the brakes are concerned, does get a bit scary at times but then again, better tyres would help improve that.
Yes it loses out to the swift on FE...but who cares when you have that kind of a monster under the hood!!
Old 9th July 2009, 10:23   #25
BHPian

Hey J,

As mentioned earlier this car is a real stonker, I have now clocked 17k+ and am enjoying every moment. There are a few things though that you need to know before hand. The handling as you mentioned is nothing to talk about with the stock tyres, i've upgraded my soles to a Apollo Accelere Sportz 185/60 R14 and i could feel the change in the character of my ride, even the breaking has improved a lot. There is however one thing to note that there is a truck full of torque in the car and it requires a lot of getting used to, the drivebility of the car in bumper to bumper traffic is a bit of a pain as it asks for frequent gear changes else you can see the car lugging. Anyways leaving that apart the car rides like a dream and eats a lotta miles really fast.

Thats my outlook though.

Enjoy the ride.. Cheerss
Old 9th July 2009, 12:05   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-Freak View Post
Hey J,

As mentioned earlier this car is a real stonker, I have now clocked 17k+ and am enjoying every moment. There are a few things though that you need to know before hand. The handling as you mentioned is nothing to talk about with the stock tyres, i've upgraded my soles to a Apollo Accelere Sportz 185/60 R14 and i could feel the change in the character of my ride, even the breaking has improved a lot. There is however one thing to note that there is a truck full of torque in the car and it requires a lot of getting used to, the drivebility of the car in bumper to bumper traffic is a bit of a pain as it asks for frequent gear changes else you can see the car lugging. Anyways leaving that apart the car rides like a dream and eats a lotta miles really fast.

Thats my outlook though.

Enjoy the ride.. Cheerss
Hi,

How's your experience on the dynamics of the car - especially pickup and acceleration after the tire upsize. Does the car feel heavy .? - also I believe the ground clearance would have decreased by about 14 mm with 185/60 -14 .. has it caused problems to you. I have upgraded to 185/65 - 14 ...
Old 9th July 2009, 12:13   #27
BHPian

Hi,

There hasnt been any noticable change in the pickup/acceleration of the car, where as the dynamics has a dramatic change, the car handles phenomenaly well, the slight low GC has not bothered me yet but it is more confidence inspiring on tight corners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samatre View Post
Hi,

How's your experience on the dynamics of the car - especially pickup and acceleration after the tire upsize. Does the car feel heavy .? - also I believe the ground clearance would have decreased by about 14 mm with 185/60 -14 .. has it caused problems to you. I have upgraded to 185/65 - 14 ...
Old 9th July 2009, 18:21   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-Freak View Post
Hi,

There hasnt been any noticable change in the pickup/acceleration of the car, where as the dynamics has a dramatic change, the car handles phenomenaly well, the slight low GC has not bothered me yet but it is more confidence inspiring on tight corners.
Ok; thnx for your feedback !
Old 16th July 2009, 12:43   #29
BHPian

desire for the 110 bhp machine

folks,

I am presently contemplating to upgrade to a powerful car with a min of 1.5 CC 100 bhp. Bbeing a Palio fan, i have the obvious choice of the Palio 1.6 in my list along with this powerful Getz CRDI. i dont care about the fuel type. All I need is BHP even though Diesel lacks the quick burning capability that MIGHT cause a LAG. So thats why i have both petrol and diesel cars in my list + for other reasons out of the review that I have performed.
unfortunately the CRDI has given way to the newly launched I20 Diesel(underpowered & beyond my budget) and the production has been stopped.
But there is this sales guy who has promised to confirm by today about a deal already made by another customer that is prospective for a cancellation as he is planning to go for the I20 Diesel. So in brief if the guy cancels his Getz CRDI deal, the baby comes to me.

The only reason I am considering Hyundai cars to Fiat is due to the pathetic A.S.S and spare part availibility issues the Palio carries, epecially the 1.6 Sports version. I owned a Santro and I enjoyed the royal treatment from Hyundai dealers as compared to the TVS/TATA A.S.S for the Palio 1.2 I drive back home.

So what do you all think about this situation, should I go for the deal if it works fine ?
Old 16th July 2009, 14:09   #30
Senior - BHPian

can we have some pictures please?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks