Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2008, 00:04   #16
Senior - BHPian

: could you also post details and pics of your enzo which you had bought some time back. Someone had mentioned on another thread that you had posted about it in some other forum.
Old 19th February 2008, 00:06   #17
BHPian

I had a F599 in sep until jan this year, again it was the same colour combo as the f360 and F430 i have, flat black with Tan hide. The car was good but to be honest it was too big. I had the car collected from the factory then drove through amalfi coast and then back to good ol Blighty .

The 599 is a gentlemans Ferrari and a very big car. I even put a tubi on it but it was not loud enough and you cant really throw a 599 around town doing slides with CST (traction control ) off and i had my fun with it and its more of a car for guys in thier 40s. Hence its called a Gentlemans Ferrari. I mean the car is fast and no doubt good looking but not a everyday car for me. And boy ohh boy does it drink juice.

After having a whole load of Ferraris i think the best ones got to be the F430 as a everyday runaround.
Old 19th February 2008, 00:15   #18
Senior - BHPian

If you dont mind disclosing how much does one lose by selling a car like 599 in 4 months time. I assume it shouldn't be that big considering there is a big waiting for these cars and you must have put just about a couple of thousand miles in that time (just an assumption).
Old 19th February 2008, 00:21   #19
Senior - BHPian

Wow, wow, wow and some more wow! Congratulations BAD 130Y. Thats one hot Maser! Enjoy!!
Old 19th February 2008, 02:07   #20
BHPian

Wow!! the car looks stunner bad boy. Congrats for the new ride. Btw whats with a white number plate in the front and a yellow one in the rear??

Last edited by dhaval : 19th February 2008 at 02:09.
Old 19th February 2008, 03:00   #21
BHPian

man you doin 140 mph in the UK ?? hope there isn't a UK cop in this forum to catch you out
Old 19th February 2008, 05:13   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karandeep81 View Post
man you doin 140 mph in the UK ?? hope there isn't a UK cop in this forum to catch you out
Hahahahaha Well said but when i hit 140 mph i was already on the shores of Holland and heading to Amsterdam. Didnt want to go any faster as the car had only 210 miles on the clock and i was running it in so to speak. She has now done over 2500 miles. I dont use it that often now as im already bored with it.

F430 VS Grantoursimo

F430 is much more aggressive and loud and has the looks. You can throw it around the corners but not very firmly fixed to the ground at high speeds compared to the GT. At 160 mph in the F430 you can feel every little bump and judder .Instant kick down and with Launch control activated the car shoots into oblivion from stand still.

Grantourismo is a good looking car but heavy. The biggest draw back i find it and hence dont use it that often anymore is, the seats are very hard and when breaking at high speeds the car doesnt stop as quicky as the f430 does ( mind you i got ceramics on the 430 ). Same engine on both the cars but the GT drinks a whole lot more fuel.
The Paddle shift gear box is so smooth compared to the 430, no jerks and very well sync. Which i think is the biggest advantage over the 430.
Old 19th February 2008, 05:23   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
If you dont mind disclosing how much does one lose by selling a car like 599 in 4 months time. I assume it shouldn't be that big considering there is a big waiting for these cars and you must have put just about a couple of thousand miles in that time (just an assumption).
I had paid 35k over list for the car to get the car back in Sep last year. So in total it was about 275 . When i sold it in jan i lost 20k. but with the V12 the case is always the same when more and more are produced they plumet in value, give another 2 years the same car will be about 130k. You can buy a early 575M (v12) 2002 model which was back then 175k full spec today for about 80k.

If you arnt like me on eager to get the new model and pay premium for it and had ordered the F599 5 yrs ago and you car arrived today at decent spec which would cost you around 225k you can sell that car to a dealer or in sunday times for arround 250k easily and you would have a long list of people wanting to grab that car.
Old 21st February 2008, 08:46   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD 130Y View Post
I had paid 35k over list for the car to get the car back in Sep last year. So in total it was about 275 . When i sold it in jan i lost 20k. but with the V12 the case is always the same when more and more are produced they plumet in value, give another 2 years the same car will be about 130k. You can buy a early 575M (v12) 2002 model which was back then 175k full spec today for about 80k.

If you arnt like me on eager to get the new model and pay premium for it and had ordered the F599 5 yrs ago and you car arrived today at decent spec which would cost you around 225k you can sell that car to a dealer or in sunday times for arround 250k easily and you would have a long list of people wanting to grab that car.
Paid £275k for your car which according to you was £35K over list, that makes the MSRP £240K with options, I do not see even if you put all the option available it reaching £240K,with the list price of vehicle being £185K in the United Kingdom.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks