Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2008, 01:30   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kochicar View Post
Personal Opinion.
Diesel fiesta and verna can be compared to an iPOD in quality built, where us Dzire can be compared to other MP4 Players, which offer much features for reduced cost, by sacrificing the finishing touches.
Saving about Rs 2 lakhs on the road makes lot of sense for me.
Point noted.

Congrats Kochicaraa! Nice color. And do post a detailed review. BTW, what is the waiting period in Kochi now?
Old 30th April 2008, 07:05   #32
BHPian

congrats on your new buy... enjoy your rideeeeeeeeeee
Old 30th April 2008, 09:31   #33
Senior - BHPian

Kochicar congrats one your new car ! Silver seems to be more popular in the Dzire.
Old 30th April 2008, 09:36   #34
Team-BHP Support

Thats a great first feel report, keep it coming. Congratz once again on the new car.
Old 30th April 2008, 15:05   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kochicar View Post
1. Try to push somewhere on the front bumper or grill with just your small finger. It will bent back by minimum 2 cm. Is it a feature? God knows if they made it from recycled bucket plastic...
good that you have Airbags and ABS

congrats on the new ride and drive safe
Old 30th April 2008, 15:37   #36
BHPian

@kochicar: Congrats on the new car and enjoy the fun ride.
I would , as am sure would a lot of other people in this forum be interested in finding out the comments from 3 backseat passengers from any of your future trip about the level of comfort.(Standard Test condition: 3 passengers @ 75+kg atleast, all seated together... No kids )
Old 9th May 2008, 14:20   #37

The Great God Maruti must indeed have a soft corner for special devotees like Kochicar! Heartiest Congratulations on getting your Diesel Dzire ZDI in record time! For us lesser mortals, the story is quite different!
I booked mine here in Mumbai on 26th March within minutes of its official launch and I am still waiting... Not only me, but even my Dealer apparently is waiting to know the likely delivery date!! And to confound to that confusion, when I inquired directly with Maruti, all they did was to call up the Dealer and fire him for not keeping me informed whereas they themselves did not and have not even till date bothered to inform me as to when I am likely to get it.
Just a passing thought - shouldnt guys like me be getting interest on the booking amount? I remember they used to do it earlier during the good old Maruti 800 days.
Old 9th May 2008, 19:25   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakaikini View Post
Just a passing thought - shouldnt guys like me be getting interest on the booking amount? I remember they used to do it earlier during the good old Maruti 800 days.
Good Thought, i checked with my dealer booking Dzire Zxi, during booking when wait period was 3 months, he said - no interest will be paid. now wait period is increased to 6-8 months, I am thinking now is it really worth for such a long wait.
Old 10th May 2008, 11:15   #39

Any of you guys know whom do we approach to ensure that we are paid interest on the deposit paid to the Dealer? Why should they walk away with the hefty interest - which I am sure - they will get by rolling our money in the market?!
When I talked to Maruti Mumbai Office, they just diplomatically said that they will look into it and let me know - which I am quite sure they wont.
Somebody, definitely, must be answerable.
Old 11th May 2008, 10:06   #40
Senior - BHPian

kochicar, congrats. do mention how much it costed you on road. also the rear space of swift is bad. in your photo, the left front seat has come back by more extent than driver seat. in my car, its the other way round, the driver (me) has to go back to that extent so one can only imagine how bad it is for the passenger behind me.

do let us know your mileage figures regularly. the MP3 player looks nice, but average. as long as it does the job must be fine though. a few things I respect in this car - climate control (so much better than AC), ABS and airbags.

enjoy the drive, be slow.
Old 11th May 2008, 12:24   #41
BHPian

Kochikkara, Congrats !!
And that was good write-up.
Looking forward for more, as you clock more distance.
Old 19th May 2008, 09:28   #42
BHPian

Maruth Swift Dzire diesel ZDI fuel efficiency.

As I clocked about 900 Km here is the much awaited mileage part.

For the first 760 km consisting of 260 km long trip, 200 km high range /mountain travel and 300 km in city bumper to bumper traffic (less than 5 km cold engine stretches), Dzire gave 11.4 km / liter on normal diesel. Air-condition was switched on, on 99% of the times at about 22 deg. All long travel was with minimum 4 people and 2 kids and we never felt the car too cramped inside. I have never exceeded 2400 rpm and the top speed was self limited to 95 km/hr @2200rpm.

In city car can cruise at 30 km with out clutch or accelerator in 3rd gear which is very nice. Just use brakes and it can move even at 20 km /hr. This may change after the first service tuning. Clutch is hard compared to my santro.

Electronic power steering works like a gem. No issues here as many in the forum were bashing at swift.

ABS striked in more than 10 times. These happened when some oncoming vehicle overtakes another vehicle or are on wrong side in blind curves. Now I am pretty confident in taking the left 2 tyres to the gravel in such a scenario. Why govt. is not making abs as a mandatory device like the head light leveling device? Friends, if you have money and have an option for abs please, please choose this device. I feel it is a must for two way singe line road traffic in our part of the world. Never listen to the sales man who says abs works only above 120 km speed and all other crap.

Twice the bottom touched a bump (with 4 people and fully loaded boot) ~30 km/hr and way back at 5km /hr speed. This means even if you are very slow and careful you are in trouble with the large boot on badly designed bumps. This may be the case with any similar sedans too. I have no prior experience other than with hatchbacks.

Special mention goes to rattles. Both front doors and dash at passenger side rattles in random/tandem. Good road or bad road, no exception. Maruti may add this to their brochure as a value added feature.
Old 28th May 2008, 12:21   #43
BHPian

Status after first service. Swift Dzire ZDI Diesel

Now the car has run 1600 km and the fuel efficiency has improved to 17 km/liter with normal diesel.

During first service i requested to fix rattling in both front door and below the dash.
They were able to fix the rattling completely from driver side and the dash.

From the passenger side door on bad roads, rattling sound is now shattering of door!!

Mods : How may I edit the name of the thread?
Old 27th February 2009, 01:09   #44

how about the rattles ?? still there ??
Old 27th February 2009, 10:20   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovyanubhav View Post
how about the rattles ?? still there ??
anubhav, you are asking on a dormant thread. The last post was 10 months ago.

I too have a Dzire ZDi - 110 days, 7500 km, no rattles. Whatever are there are cos of the very hard JK stock tyres. Planning to change to Michelin. All sound should be gone. The engine is super quiet in side the cabin. and Very quiet outside!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks