Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2008, 16:34   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkdelhi View Post
The sign on the tacho for EPS makes sense.
Can't make out what the sign on the speedo is about.
The key icon could be for the 'key not removed', though it features as a beep in my swift (just prior to the facelift).
The lock icon is definitely the immobilizer sign.

And hey, can't ever recall having seen the 'low fuel' lamp on my swift. Seems to be present in the new one (just next to the 'E' on the fuel gauge).

Naga_SwiSan, can you confirm the above?

As for your queries, the slight change in engine sound (for a split second) is there. As for the horn, it is pretty loud on the outside, so has to have some effect inside too.

Kkdelhi,
yes, the low fuel warning lamp is present but i have never seen glowing at the time of delivery below 'E' symbol.Has to check the manuals and will let you know.Service engineer told below 'E' symbol, there will be 5-7 litres available so not sure when low fuel warning lamp will glow..

Regarding the booming resonance sound, it seems the Fan motor seems to be the culprit and they assured to replace the entire fan motor under warranty next week(Poor maruti,Just 250kms done)

The horn seems to be more powerful and when pressing the horn, feeling the vibration in the accelerator pedal and also in the floor.Has to move to the right side in first service
Old 2nd May 2008, 16:02   #17
BHPian

Folks,
Can you suggest on whether i can go for the service with the Dealer itself or prefer Maruti's Service Master?Which one is better and What is the quality of Service masters?Any shared experiences interms of service quality?
Old 21st May 2008, 18:51   #18
BHPian

First Service Completed at 1044Kms

Hi Guys,
Done with the First service at Dealer's workshop(CARS india).Charged me Rs.701 for oil changes and oil filter.Replaced Fan motor under warranty and the noise is resolved now.Also i opted for 4th year extended warranty at additional Rs.2600/-

So-far mileage is between 10.9 - 11.6 km/l.

Car is very fun and smooth to drive in the city.I fitted Blaupunkt SanDiego MP27 HU and Blau Compos at front and Blau coax at rear.The installer has fixed the Compo's Tweeter just above the Driver seat head rest(B-pillar) and the Sound effect is pretty good.

Planning to install sunfilm(Lumar) and fix a Nippon Security system.Is it advisable to get the Nippon security system from dealer..He is quoting Rs.5500 and outside market one of the Nippon NSC-VX5555 is Rs.2700/-

Also is it worth going for Piranha security system(which has reliable reverse horn with it) and won't void the warranty??.If so can anyone suggest a good model please?Do anyone knows the website for Nippon and piranha...

Any suggestions

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks