Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2008, 13:28   #1
Senior - BHPian

SCORPIO VLX mHawk

i had driven the mHawk before, but then that was a short spin. this time i took it for a complete test drive and also booked it...
initially what i liked about the new engine was its refinement. it picks up from a low speed in any gear with an enthusiasm which suprises you! outright acceleration is much better than the competition.
the suspension though good is not the best, but you wont have a reason to complain. its pliant enough.
reverse sensors work well, tyretronics are good but cant comment on how accurate it is. the biggest grouse is absence of indication for the cruise control but it works well. u can increase/decrease speed or reset your original speed at the touch of a button. dint get a chance to test the auto headlights and wipers but this feature can be switched on/off as you like through 2 buttons on the central console.
the voice assist system is good enough.
in the 8 seater, you can slide the middle row seats back and forth to increase legroom but still legroom is only adequate. it was not uncomfortable for a 6 footer like me!
the A/C chills, the sound system is ok but the head unit rocks. has got a CD player with pen drive and SD card compatibility.
overall, i was very impressed...
Old 28th May 2008, 21:49   #2
BHPian

hi raj . I searched for some info on m hawk and read your message and was glad to know that you even booked it. Congratulations. Hope you have driven it enough after delivery . Please update your experiences .
Old 28th May 2008, 22:03   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hi Raj!
Congratulations on your imminent new toy!
Did you not test the 2.6 CRDe? How come you chose the 2.2?
Old 29th May 2008, 02:12   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hi Raj,

First off, congrats on booking the scorpio mHawk.. I have driven it for a short drive and its a wonderful piece of machinery to own. Its way ahead in terms of refinement when compared to its 2.6 Crde counterpart.

good choice and do post your review once you get the delivery of the vehicle along with the pics!! Enjoy your ride and drive safe always
Old 29th May 2008, 09:46   #5
Senior - BHPian

Another mhawk buy and review, a big congrats and keep posting as you drive on.

Enjoy your ride!!
Old 29th May 2008, 18:44   #6
jp1
BHPian

Congrats

Did you get your vehicle? Eagerly waiting for a detailed review on mHawk
Old 30th May 2008, 09:22   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Hi Raj!
Congratulations on your imminent new toy!
Did you not test the 2.6 CRDe? How come you chose the 2.2?
i own the 2.6 CRDe scorpio. the mHawk is much better in refinement, power delivery and of course, features. the ride quality is a tad better. to be precise, the bouncy nature of the old scorpio is absent in the 2.2 scorpio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
Congrats

Did you get your vehicle? Eagerly waiting for a detailed review on mHawk
i'll get my car today in 2-3 hours. will post pics and give a detailed review soon...
Old 30th May 2008, 10:56   #8
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

hi raj
welcome to SCORPIO COUNTRY!!
Congrats on your new VLX - may it serve you well and may you enjoy it a great deal!
yes I agree with your view about the 2.2 - it is superior to the 2.6 Crde in several ways- now with the advent of the new VLS (less expensive than the VLX), Im sure Mahindra will see bigger successes.
Do post some pictures of the new toy!
Cheers
Old 30th May 2008, 12:04   #9
BHPian

Hi ,
Congrats, the scorpio family in TBHP is growing!

Take good care of her and she will reciprocate.
Even after 30k on my odo of the 2.6 crde dx(2005 version) i love her,just finished a chennai-calicut- trichy-chennai ride ,she was great.
You will love her more as time goes by.
Drive safe, have fun.
Old 30th May 2008, 12:39   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
you can slide the middle row seats back and forth to increase legroom but still legroom is only adequate. it was not uncomfortable for a 6 footer like me!
How is the driving postion, leg space especially while you tilt the steering down. Is that hitting your stomach? Curious know as I am 6(6'2") footer and I found difficult see the space between my stomach and the streering. It was almost on me!

Happy driving with your new macho. :-)

Last edited by agbenny : 30th May 2008 at 12:51. Reason: Typo correction
Old 30th May 2008, 12:46   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
How is the driving postion, leg space especially while you tilt the steering down. Is that hitting your stomach? Curious know as I am 6(6'2") footer and I dound difficult see the space between my stomach and the streering. It was almost on me!

Happy driving with your new macho. :-)
Hi, I am 6'3" as well,found it wierd to drive, hence re welded the front seat by a few inches behind,The major issue was turning the steering wheel one full circle was not possible earlier,now ok no other option.
Old 30th May 2008, 12:53   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
Hi, I am 6'3" as well,found it wierd to drive, hence re welded the front seat by a few inches behind,The major issue was turning the steering wheel one full circle was not possible earlier,now ok no other option.
Also did you notice the space between the right shoulder/hand and the door/wall is very less. Bit cramped? Probably its only for guys like me with broad shoulders. :-)
Old 30th May 2008, 12:56   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Also did you notice the space between the right shoulder/hand and the door/wall is very less. Bit cramped? Probably its only for guys like me with broad shoulders. :-)
Same issue here!Can't help.
Old 22nd March 2009, 00:12   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
Hi Pradeep,

I am contemplating on buying the new 2.2 mHawk. Just wanted to ask you if you could post some pictures of driver seat that you moved back by welding. I am 6'2" and face the same problem like you. Is this modification fairly simple to do? And how is it done exactly?
Old 22nd March 2009, 10:15   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikahuja View Post
Hi Pradeep,

I am contemplating on buying the new 2.2 mHawk. Just wanted to ask you if you could post some pictures of driver seat that you moved back by welding. I am 6'2" and face the same problem like you. Is this modification fairly simple to do? And how is it done exactly?
I am also 6'2" and if comfort is what you want, mHawk won't really cut it because the legroom is bad.
Welding etc., may void warranty, so not a good idea in a new vehicle

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks