Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2008, 20:00   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamath View Post
Congrats, Manohar and DieselOne!

Sheepishly announcing yet another addition to the clan, which is that of mine

Got the Arctic Silver LX version from Auto MATRIX. The keys were handed over to my parents on the 21st. Yet to go back home and take a look.

Manohar, our cars must be from the same batch as the lot arrived on the 12th (from what i learned), and it took me some time to get the finance formalities completed from SBI
Wow! Congrats!

Isnt there a thing called sick leave
Old 22nd May 2008, 20:31   #32
BHPian

Got hands on new safari 2.2 VTT

Yes,my vehicle also arrived with the 12th May and the dealer was telling me that the manufacture month of my vehicle is May-2008.Congratulations and keep me updated on your experiences.
Old 22nd May 2008, 21:46   #33
BHPian

Thanks, hmishra83 and jkdas!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Isnt there a thing called sick leave
I guess this would be just the beginning. Hopeful of seeing more takers for a car that could have deserved this response years ago...
Cheers, to the Safari!!!
Old 22nd May 2008, 21:51   #34
Senior - BHPian

Nope, In all possibilities it seems like tappet noise. Try picking up suddenly and you can hear it in almost all gears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaxy View Post
i guess its the fuel pump sound which is quite common on all Crdi vehicles.
Old 22nd May 2008, 23:58   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Nope, In all possibilities it seems like tappet noise. Try picking up suddenly and you can hear it in almost all gears.
Did u(all 2.2 safari owners) complain about this krrr noise at the service center. If yes what did they tell about this noise
Old 23rd May 2008, 16:02   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
The krrr noise is confusing. Can people specify at what rpm/gear they hear it? For me, its 1800-2100 in3rd and 1900-2100 in 4th and not sure if this krr krr is same as you all are talking about.

edit; its not krrr,its different for me.
I get the Krr noise between 1800 to 2200 RPM. If you keep a light foot then the noise is not evident. If you jam down the accelerator to , say, overtake some one then the Krr noise is very evident.

The service engineers say , sheepishly , that it is there is all Safaris.

Last edited by kingshukt : 23rd May 2008 at 16:06.
Old 23rd May 2008, 16:04   #37
BHPian

Welcome to the club, manohar. You are burning the miles. Congrats on your purchase.

Please do keep us posted on your experiences.
Old 23rd May 2008, 16:48   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Yes it should be there in all gears,maybe its not audible as 1st and 2nd are short. We use 3rd and 4th more and hence hear it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stable rock View Post
Did u(all 2.2 safari owners) complain about this krrr noise at the service center. If yes what did they tell about this noise
I think most play music when they travel and hence miss the noise. Its not LOUD and you only notice if you are not playing music and you know there is a noise. From my case, in 3rd gear its from 1800-2100 and it takes only 1-2sec to cross that 300rpm and hence we miss it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingshukt View Post
I get the Krr noise between 1800 to 2200 RPM. If you keep a light foot then the noise is not evident. If you jam down the accelerator to , say, overtake some one then the Krr noise is very evident.

The service engineers say , sheepishly , that it is there is all Safaris.

Same here.
Old 23rd May 2008, 23:03   #39
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stable rock View Post
At least the very first batch of Safari 2.2 definitely does not have the "krrr" or whatever at any rpm as such those noises are totally absent for me. I still dont have a music system in my LX.

Neither does me/anyone recalling the demo vehicles having that particular "krrr" noise.

The only issue that I have is that of the harshness on using normal diesel, and thus still using only IOC premium and the smoothness is back.
Old 23rd May 2008, 23:30   #40
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manohar View Post
6.There is some air passing through in between the front doors and at particular angle and it is irritating.It is a manufacture defect and need attention by Tata people immediately.I spoke with the dealer and he said that they will fix it at the time of 1st service.Kindly share owners experiences on this front.
Congrats manohar. Do let us know how they solve this problem. The noise level is very intrusive at 120+ speeds.

Quote:
Wind noise levels at 120-140 kph, noise definitely on the higher side but amazing stability.

Last edited by adc : 23rd May 2008 at 23:41.
Old 25th May 2008, 07:47   #41
BHPian

Got first service done at Belgaum.Following were highlighted
1.All doors setting were made
2.Wheel aliengment was made as i felt the vehicle was slightly pulling towards left.
3.General ckeckup and there were no issues.
4.Works manager had no solution to wind air at speeds,he suggested to but paper tapes all along front doors and below the front glass and check if the air sound stops.He wants to know exactly from where the sound is coming from and then think of fixing it.Kindly share experiences and possible ways of fixing it.
5.He was not aware of krr sound and he specifically said that only normal desiel should be used on the new engine.He also highlighted that they have replaced fuel pump of two vehicles worth Rs.44000/-each under warranty because they got damaged due to use of premium desiel.
6.Inflated the tyres with Nitrogen.It avoids tyre heating and sudden bursts during long drives.
Old 25th May 2008, 11:35   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...6.Inflated the tyres with Nitrogen.It avoids tyre heating and sudden bursts during long drives.
Manohar,

How much did it cost you, per tyre, for this?
Old 25th May 2008, 11:50   #43
BHPian

Quote:
6.Inflated the tyres with Nitrogen.It avoids tyre heating and sudden bursts during long drives.
Have noticed this service at BP petrol pump on Jogeshwari - Vikhroli link road yesterday.

Charges:- Rs.100/4 wheeler & Rs.40/2 wheeler.

Would like to hear your experience and how long does the pressure lasts.
Old 25th May 2008, 14:41   #44
BHPian

Earlier they used to charge Rs.100/4 tyres and now they are charging Rs.120/4 tyres.It is available with JK tyre showrooms.
Old 25th May 2008, 14:43   #45
BHPian

How long it will last(nitrogen)?Pretty good and you can check pressure with them for free of cost.Alternatively you can also use normal air for correction.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks