Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2008, 13:05   #1
BHPian

Got my new Honda Accord!

Just bought an accord

I drove it down from bangalore to mysore, that would be a 130km stretch of relatively good roads. The car is nothing short of intimidating to look at...in fact a whole bunch of truck drivers let me overtake them without kicking up much of a fuss.

Getting out of the city and on to the highway was a torture. The sheer size of the car made it feel like swallowing a cucumber when your tonsils have all acted up. The engine is extremely responsive right up to the 4th gear. Didnt expect the 5th to do much justice considering the behemoth that it is powering.

With due credit to all the innovas and minivans on the road, all i could do was a 140 kmph but, as always, out of the blue appears a superbly large and defunct speed breaker....the car gracefully braked to a near halt and my rather potly dad barely felt a nudge at the back.

The steering is nimble and smart - VGR they call it - the steering rack doesnt have a uniform gear ration through out. The ends having a larger gear spacing than the central portion, making the last bit of that wide turn easier to take.

The potly dad i mentioned earlier fell into a rather deep slumber half way down the 130 km, giving me some alone time with the machine. The interiors are smartly laid out. I did forget to mention that the one im driving is a manual. The volume and the track knobs are at a finger's distance from the gear knob making it very easy to shut out jeffrey thomas jus when he starts to ramble. The control panel is teaming with audio and temperature control buttons...adjusting the temperature within the car might result in full and complete fatality.

The driver's seat can be moved along the track using an electronic push pull button and the same goes for the height too. The lumbar support might just breathe new life into you during a long journey. A couple of cubby holes here and there for your sunglasses and what not add to all the existing convenience.there is also a usb port and a power outlet...something i wouldnt have found, even if i spent the whole day searching,if it wasnt for the sales chappie.

Couldnt really wait to empty my tank to find out how much i will be adding to the oil crisis, so off the fuel station i go....quick calculation and voilla!!
11.8kmpl!

Verdict :

Great car. Better be...costed me an arm and a leg!!!

Last edited by GTO : 27th May 2008 at 17:23. Reason: Making it more readable
Old 27th May 2008, 16:33   #2
BHPian

COngrats inmate!!

I believe you are the first New Accord owner on TBHP. How about posting some pics!!!

And great review. What do you think of the features in the car? and the look and feel of the front dash?

Have fun

Elito

Last edited by GTO : 27th May 2008 at 17:25. Reason: gr8 = Great!
Old 27th May 2008, 16:37   #3
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic Car ( Except for the FE but anyone buying an Accord would not care about the FE !! Would he ? )

Awaiting Pics.
Old 27th May 2008, 16:38   #4
BHPian

Hey inmate!!

Congrats on your new New Accord. How about thoes pics!!!

Regards,
Sajan
Old 27th May 2008, 16:40   #5
Team-BHP Support

And you even forgot to mention the colour of your new possession!!
What did you upgrade from, Hondas are known to be addictive, enjoy your new machine.

manson.

Last edited by manson : 27th May 2008 at 16:45.
Old 27th May 2008, 16:44   #6
Senior - BHPian

congrats buddy for the new ride,and you are the first here on TBHP to get one,please post some detailed pics of your ride matey drive safe enjoy
Old 27th May 2008, 16:58   #7
BHPian

hey super buy, congratulations, some pics and specs of the model pls.
Old 27th May 2008, 17:01   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats ! Looking forward to some pics..

I am eager to know what mileage she will deliver in city with a/c and hard driving... keep us updated on the same. Enjooooy
Old 27th May 2008, 17:05   #9
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Buddy!
FE is stunning to say the least for a brand new car with a 2.4 litre 180 bhp engine. Can you confirm? Is it tank full to tank full?
Old 27th May 2008, 17:08   #10
Senior - BHPian

Oh My bad !! I mentioned in my post earlier that It's a good car except for the FE. But I read again and you said 11.8 KPL !!! Fantastic !!!
Old 27th May 2008, 17:18   #11
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations... New Honda Accord has already started showing up in delhi, saw one yesterday. It is no doubt massive in size. FE too seems to be very good.. !!
Old 27th May 2008, 17:18   #12
BHPian

Congrats mate. Pls post some pics of the Acoord.
Old 27th May 2008, 17:19   #13
GTO
Team-BHP Support

That was quick, and a Team-BHP first! Congratulations on what is arguably the most sensible luxury sedan to own in India! I like your review, you are spot-on with most points. What about back seat comfort? How did you find the ride quality?

Two requests:

1. PICTURES!!

2. Please type in full english, and with appropriate punctuation. It would make things easier for other users.
Old 27th May 2008, 17:25   #14
BHPian

Very Glad for you Inmate, Happy riding and hearty congrats.

A different kind of a review, what is the on-road price, hope there wasn't any discounts given, what are the freebies that came with the car. post the pics
Old 27th May 2008, 17:46   #15
BHPian

Congrats!
is it a base model? How was A/c performance? i think dual zone A/c comes as standard. Tell us about seating comfort.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks