Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2008, 21:06   #1
BHPian

3days and 1000km on a brand new Safari Dicor 2.2

Friends,

Its just three days with my new Safari 2.2 and its 1000 kms now at 8.30pm sitting and writing this post.

I thought i will never buy a Safari after owning a Safari TCIC for a while, it was not the engine that worried me initially, the quality of panels, rubber items, poor TASS service and care, plus the regular fuse blowings, lack of availabililty of small items like seat recliner knobs, fuses, bulbs, rubber items and door pad clips etc.

I did test drive the 3.0 initially but was not impressed since i expected more of a CRDI engine, still it was better than the TCIC. Was thinking of a used Pajero (i posted earlier) but then i was advised by friends here about new safari 2.2 and decided to test drive. The test drive car was crap since it was used badly by everyone so the pickup and emission was pathetic. However, happened to drive a friends 2.2 brand new and was impressed. Went ahead and booked one.

I received the car on the 5th of June 2008 from Concorde, Bangalore at 9.45pm in the evening. So late since the number plate did not arrive till that time. I had no option. Took car out filled half tank diesel and headed home. Next day took car out and scratched lil bit on to the parking wall at my apartment, was not bad, could remove it with polishing. Came to office and evening went for a short drive. That's it.

Saturday roamed pretty much every corner in Bangalore, i felt i had so much work to be done and had to go and get that done. Same thing happened on Sunday and today had to just go pick up some stuff for home and checked the odo and it shows 1056.2kms. Could not believe, but then realized that i got so much obsessed with the car that i did not get down from it Saturday and Sunday.

Only mistake i did was choosing the sun film, i selected slightly darker one which is a pain at night. But a blessing during day.

I have asked for my first service this Thursday since I am planning a drive coming weekend and hope i can push the car lil bit further. Waiting to check the max speed after may be 3000kms or so (is that advisable or should i wait till 5000kms?)

- Same comfort levels as my old Safari, driving whole day and night won't tire you.
- AC powerful, cools the car quickly, maybe because car is new.
- Smooth engine, moves like a car, no sound as it used to be with older ones.
- Better FE, not sure how much but travels more than what old car used to with half a tank of Diesel.

Dislikes:-

- Seats makes slight noise
- Strange gear squeak noise during starting sometimes, but Tata service guys told its normal and comes from the Flywheel. Nothing to worry (hopefully)
- Customer support from Concorde motors is sad, they can't speak Kannada, Hindi, Telugu, Tamil or English. (These are the few languages i know a bit) they need atleast three week advance notice for service bookings it seems, but the sales guy helped me get this preponed to this week itself.

More updates and pics to follow once i get the first service done.

I would recommend this to SUV lovers who needs it in a tight budget.

Regards,
Sunish
Old 9th June 2008, 21:33   #2
BHPian

Congratulations Sunish! One more Safari added!

Which variant did you go in for and which color? Please post pictures. Also post of any discounts that you were offered.

If you want to test your behemoth, then take her to the Kochi Drive. It should be fun.

Enjoy the pleasures that the beast can offer.
Old 9th June 2008, 22:37   #3
BHPian

Congratulations on your new ride buddy.

Drive Safe!!
Old 9th June 2008, 23:20   #4
BHPian

Congratulations man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
- Customer support from Concorde motors is sad, they can't speak Kannada, Hindi, Telugu, Tamil or English.
This is awesome.
Old 10th June 2008, 08:09   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Congratulations Sunish! One more Safari added!

Which variant did you go in for and which color? Please post pictures. Also post of any discounts that you were offered.

If you want to test your behemoth, then take her to the Kochi Drive. It should be fun.

Enjoy the pleasures that the beast can offer.
Thanks Friends, i picked up the LX black color.

They gave cash discount etc since i work for a company who has tie up with banks and dealers, but i asked for Body colored bumpers, mats, mud flaps, sun film for free and i got it.
Old 10th June 2008, 09:44   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Sunish, welcome to the club.
Old 10th June 2008, 10:24   #7
BHPian

Congrats Sunish, another beast added to team, ride safe.. happy riding..
Old 10th June 2008, 10:34   #8
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on the new beast.

- Seats makes slight noise
If they are squeking then just spray a litle WD40 on the connecting hinges.
WD40 is available at most hardware stores for less than Rs 250.
Old 10th June 2008, 13:23   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Friends,

- Customer support from Concorde motors is sad, they can't speak Kannada, Hindi, Telugu, Tamil or English.I would recommend this to SUV lovers who needs it in a tight budget.
What the hell? Is this service center in India????

Anyways enjoy the Beast Sunish. You can't wrong there.
Old 10th June 2008, 13:25   #10
Senior - BHPian

Enjoy the ride bro !!!
Old 10th June 2008, 14:00   #11
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new buy. You finished 1K kms pretty fast in just 3 days!!! Enjoy the ride and drive safe.
Old 10th June 2008, 14:19   #12
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Sunish, good to see someone go for his second Safari though technologically this one is way ahead of your earlier ride. Have fun!
Old 10th June 2008, 21:16   #13
BHPian

Thanks all for the encouraging posts.

I am facing a problem after the buy, i need to fix a remote locking with immobilizer, initially i was told i can add this to the car either an autocop or Minda, but then now both say they can fix remote locking not the immobilizer. The reason given to me is that the LX model does not come with wiring harness for the immobilizer. Can someone help me? I prefer having the immobilizer since that's going to give me peace of mind leaving my baby alone sometimes. Request your advise in this.
Old 10th June 2008, 21:16   #14
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the buy, Samuel!

Drive safe!

One more to the herd!

Quote:
...Customer support from Concorde motors is sad, they can't speak Kannada, Hindi, Telugu, Tamil or English...
Just for information - what language did they know!??? (PS: were they outsourced Zulu tribe members???)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
... If you want to test your behemoth, then take her to the Kochi Drive...
Hahahahaa... a very good and valid suggestion, Sumit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
...You finished 1K kms pretty fast in just 3 days!!! ...
And he did not even notice it!
Old 10th June 2008, 21:44   #15
Senior - BHPian

Congrats pal!

Get a nice alloys and good seat cover. Black is a great head turner!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks