Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2008, 12:51   #16
BHPian

Friends, could anyone help me by answering the immobilizer question i have? Can i fit an immobilizer with remote for my LX?

Weekend, i had to go to hyd on personal work and car was fine all the way, except the fact that it starts dancing at speeds above 140kmph. i did not push it too hard, just tested in between to see if the truck can move.
Old 16th June 2008, 17:02   #17
Senior - BHPian

Check this thread.

If you buy from Minda, its an OEM fitment with all OEM connectors (no cable cut) and Warranty intact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Friends, could anyone help me by answering the immobilizer question i have? Can i fit an immobilizer with remote for my LX?

Weekend, i had to go to hyd on personal work and car was fine all the way, except the fact that it starts dancing at speeds above 140kmph. i did not push it too hard, just tested in between to see if the truck can move.
Old 16th June 2008, 18:35   #18
BHPian

Dadu (sorry do not know your name) can you please help me if you know Minda contact in Bangalore? Before i add more accessories inside the car, want to ensure that the remote locking and immobilizer fixed.

I am new to Bangalore, so asking more silly questions, is JC road the right place to hunt for accessories like amp, woofer, front half bumper and halogen lights?
Old 16th June 2008, 22:47   #19
BHPian

Quote:
My dealer claimed ignorance on fitting immobilizer in the LX. Went for the basic Autocop DX with another accessory shop instead.
PS: The Safari immobilizer, as per my understanding is not integrated to talk to the engine ECU, and cuts off the fuel pump and the starter motor. Please check out on competent shops for the same, if you are keen on fitting the immobilizer.

Last edited by dkamath : 16th June 2008 at 22:49.
Old 17th June 2008, 10:05   #20
Senior - BHPian

Check your PM.

Yes, JC road is the place but key is to negotiate and negotiate, move over to the next shop if it doesnt work for you.

Quote:
Dadu (sorry do not know your name) can you please help me if you know Minda contact in Bangalore? Before i add more accessories inside the car, want to ensure that the remote locking and immobilizer fixed.

I am new to Bangalore, so asking more silly questions, is JC road the right place to hunt for accessories like amp, woofer, front half bumper and halogen lights?

That's why he gave you this information. The security system byu Minda is in JV with Valeo Security Systems and named Minda Valeo Security System wherein all functions are controlled by the ECU.

Once the Immobilizer is activated, you will notice that the whole Instrument panel becomes Dead. Except for the flickering "Lock" symbol. Even if you try to use your key to start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamath View Post
My dealer claimed ignorance on fitting immobilizer in the LX. Went for the basic Autocop DX with another accessory shop instead.
PS: The Safari immobilizer, as per my understanding is not integrated to talk to the engine ECU, and cuts off the fuel pump and the starter motor. Please check out on competent shops for the same, if you are keen on fitting the immobilizer.

Last edited by dadu : 17th June 2008 at 10:08.
Old 17th June 2008, 10:27   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks all for the encouraging posts.

I am facing a problem after the buy, i need to fix a remote locking with immobilizer, initially i was told i can add this to the car either an autocop or Minda, but then now both say they can fix remote locking not the immobilizer. The reason given to me is that the LX model does not come with wiring harness for the immobilizer. Can someone help me? I prefer having the immobilizer since that's going to give me peace of mind leaving my baby alone sometimes. Request your advise in this.
first of all, congrats on your beast.
I got the autocop fixed from the Prerana motors free of cost with immobilizer.
Old 17th June 2008, 11:06   #22
Senior - BHPian

Bit surprised to see lot of Safari's in Bangy. I bet Bangy ddint have these much early last year.
Old 17th June 2008, 11:11   #23
BHPian

Thanks all, babu reddy and dadu especially

i am writing an email to them asking for updates, will check over this and update.

Showroom guys were not that helpful in this case, so will try aftermarket.

There are indeed too many safaris in Bangalore, i see every sixth or seventh car is a safari, be the old model or new ones, i once sat and counted it !

Lot of pajeros as well in bangalore.
Old 17th June 2008, 12:57   #24
BHPian

Looks like everyone in Bangy is trying to take out the autowallahs

ps: Congrats for the Safari Sunish
Old 17th June 2008, 13:04   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
- Customer support from Concorde motors is sad, they can't speak Kannada, Hindi, Telugu, Tamil or English. (These are the few languages i know a bit)
ultimate! but first things first - can they speak?
Old 17th June 2008, 13:09   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
Looks like everyone in Bangy is trying to take out the autowallahs
Will put it this way. We are using the Safari to our advantage, in order to look from above rooftops of vehicles ahead of us in traffic jams. Traffic bottle-neck locators, in short
Old 19th June 2008, 13:24   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
ultimate! but first things first - can they speak?
No buddy, they cannot, let me tell the first service experience. I called Concorde Motors Wednesday last week and they said they are too busy and cannot do any service for next two weeks !! Got really angry on it, called up the TATA regional executive for Bangalore and the service request was accepted for the next day (last thursday) on one condition that i will have to drop the car and pick it up. ( i was told at the time of buying the car that i can book service with one day notice) Agreed to that and went Thursday morning and gave the car. I told them that there is cracking noise when the steering is turned full and need to adjust the turning radius, also mentioned about the wierd noise when starting, intially they said its because of the design, but actually the sound comes because of the phonic wheel, i had to explain them and then they accepted it.

Evening i got a call and went to pick the car, i opened the bonnet and found a big portion of the paint under the bonnet chipped off. And the service advisor had no answer, he went inside got some painting booth supervisor and his comment was that i mishandled the car and some acid might have fallen on it. I got really wild. I said i am not mad to pour acid on a new car i bought a week back. it was obvious that something like a hammer or heavy object fell under the bonnet while doing servicing/check up and chipped the paint. They finally said they will do the painting whenever i get it next time, i said i want it in writing, they said they cannot do that. I was adamant, left the car there, and got back to office. Next day morning got a call saying they have fixed "the problem free of cost" but not ready to accept their mistake. But knowing how furious i was the service advisor says "saab galthi hamara hain, bache sab naye hain, isliye hua" felt like slapping him right there, but my friend stopped me from doing so, the whole concorde motors workshop staff assembled to see the whole drama.

Utlimately, TATA should realize they are employing bunch of jokers in their service stations everywhere, they are the bunch of young chaps who took the job of a mechanic because they had no other option. Gone are the days when people used to work as a car mechanic because they loved cars. I had similar experiences when i was in Hyderabad (both Autofin and Concorde) and at TVM (Kulathunkal)

Please understand my intention to name the dealers to just ensure you guys are aware of the issues and not malign anyone or anything.

I am not at all surprised with tata at the bottom of customer satisfaction graphs.
Old 19th June 2008, 13:32   #28
Senior - BHPian

sunish; when guys from Pune calls, tell them what happened. It should help.
Old 19th June 2008, 13:43   #29
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Gone are the days when people used to work as a car mechanic because they loved cars.
So truly spoken.

Of course, definitely let the Pune fellows know when they call about your experience.
Old 19th June 2008, 14:24   #30
Senior - BHPian

Which branch of Concorde was this ??

Do you know that Green Tracks on Hosur road also does all free + paid services for Safari and TATA vehicles !!!

I found them much more organized and courteous.

Last edited by dadu : 19th June 2008 at 14:27.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks