Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2008, 22:34   #16
BHPian

Congrats anirbanm.
I think this is the 3rd mHawk in the forum.
Go through this thread and take a printout with you when you take the delivery,it would help a lot.

Also Read this thread ,and take good care of her.

BW which color have you booked
Old 18th June 2008, 00:12   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomingbhat View Post
I think this is the 3rd mHawk in the forum.
hey, who's is the first, i mean except anirbanm and me?
Old 18th June 2008, 01:32   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
hey, who's is the first, i mean except anirbanm and me?
i believe lingadalli 's mHawk is the first in the forum.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ms-review.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...s-clocked.html
Old 18th June 2008, 17:21   #19
BHPian

Hey Thanks a lot...BTW my color is black..
Old 23rd June 2008, 12:50   #20
BHPian

Well I finally got my Scorpio yesterday.
Excitement was their from the morning. We got ready - me and my wife and headed for our treasure. Felt a little bad in parting with our 2 1/2 year old Santro...but the excitement was immense.
Before we went to the Showroom We went to the up-market for the Reversing sensors Make - RD , Cost 3800/- for 4 sensors. Then we went to Koncept.
WOW !! our beast was getting dressed.
First we went to the showroom accessory shop and bargained for the reversing sensors.. finally got it fitted ( only two sensors-rest two are with me) for 4500/-. Felt that the fit and finish of the product ( eventhough from the same company was better here.)

By the time I was through with other formalities She got her finaly coat of polish after the TEFLON coating which will be re-treated in first and second service. The Teflon coating costed me 4500/- again.
NOw with good exchanges we were finally ready to go.. Got 10 Litres of Diesel from the dealer. Went out to the Expressway to have a feel of the new car. Drove around for 50 kms and then back to our den..
Overall experience at Koncept Noida was good.
Definetly the Driving experience...Will keep updating on my experiencescheers:
Old 23rd June 2008, 13:55   #21
BHPian

Congratulations Anirban. I too have recently joined the list - Mhawk . So that makes it 5 Mhawks so far?!
Old 23rd June 2008, 17:19   #22
BHPian

Congrats Anirban!
Finally you are a proud owner of the M&M beast.

Enjoy your ride in Delhi NCR. Those pesky auto-rikshaws, yuppy kids with flashy cars & bad driving etiquette, thelewallas & all those omni-present vehicles will no more dare to come close to you.

Drive safely.
Old 29th June 2008, 11:37   #23
BHPian

Hi
Am facing a strange problem in my mhawk.. I find water dripping like " Shatrughan" had in his VLX. I have visted the A.S.S they told me that this is because of ecessive cooling moisture condenses on the cooling coil. The AC was runnig on low and still the cooling no doubt was exceptional but after driving for sometime you find droplets on your feet.

Dont know what to do suggest ... mahindra has suggested that this is because of the excessive cooling and only solution can be that they balance the gas in my AC ( something like excessive gas in fridge induces ice formation on the coil..)

Let me go to the A.S.S today and will see what they have to suggest.
Old 29th June 2008, 15:12   #24
Senior - BHPian

hey anirbanm, i have not faced such a problem in my hawk till now. ask the service centre to allow you to drive another hawk and see whether that car has such a problem.
Old 29th June 2008, 15:31   #25
BHPian

Anirban, my suggestion to you would be to escalate the issue directly to the company. Moreover, this is a problem which even Shatrughna had. So probably M&M is making some changes in the QC (Quality Control) department to cut costs and it is showing. It would be better for you and all prospective Scorpio buyers if you take it up with the company directly. I would suggest that you get the details from Shatrughna about his Scorpio and (with his permission) write jointly to M&M. That way, it will put pressure on the company and they will help you.
Old 30th June 2008, 15:00   #26
BHPian

Congratulations anirbanm. Yours will be the first mHawk VLS in the forum & looking forward for more informations. Pls. update on the standard fitments & difference between the VLX. i hope ABS & EBD are part of the standard equipment. Do they have a 4WD version?

Do post the pictures.
Old 30th June 2008, 15:17   #27
BHPian

Hi,

I'm planning to buy mhawk here in Banaglore. I enquired about the prices and was shocked to hear the price of VLX. It's now 12.5 lacs OTR. I have been following the price of this model. It was 11.16 OTR when launched.

It was increased to 11.58 couple of months back and now when I'm seriously planning to buy one the price is out of my reach .

I called up Vijai auto and when they told me the price I thought there is some mistake. So I called up other two dealers(Shireesh and India Garrage) and they confirmed the same.

By the way VLS is now costing 11.43 OTR. It was 10.94 OTR beginning of this month.
Old 30th June 2008, 15:55   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congrats

Congrats Anirban, proud owner of MHwak.

I know the feeling of the first drive of the beast.........

Wishing you many many happy drives.

Do keep posting your experience of milage, performance, nigglies etc.,

Would suggest get all problems sorted out with the ASC only, MHwak is a special electronic beast, which only the ASC's understand.

Some of the A'Bad, ASC service advisers have just come back from Nasik after being trained about the MHwak nigglies.

I feel the Water dripping could be a condensation problem, more because of the weather, humidity etc., better check out. I don't think M&M will dare to compromise there after jacking up the price of the Brand.

--Ramky
==========
Old 1st July 2008, 08:37   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anirbanm View Post
Hi
Am facing a strange problem in my mhawk.. I find water dripping like " Shatrughan" had in his VLX. I have visted the A.S.S they told me that this is because of ecessive cooling moisture condenses on the cooling coil. The AC was runnig on low and still the cooling no doubt was exceptional but after driving for sometime you find droplets on your feet.

Dont know what to do suggest ... mahindra has suggested that this is because of the excessive cooling and only solution can be that they balance the gas in my AC ( something like excessive gas in fridge induces ice formation on the coil..)

Let me go to the A.S.S today and will see what they have to suggest.
Hi Anirban, Congratulations on the new buy and have a great, great time with the beast.
Not sure whether you were able to sort out the issue of the water droplets at the ASC. But someone on the Scorpio yahoogroup also had this problem and it was traced to the water drain pipe (the one that collect the condensate water and drains it outside the vehicle) not being fitted or positioned properly. Check this out and hope it helps. DO let us know of the outcome !
Old 1st July 2008, 11:56   #30
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

yes all variants of Scorp have gone up by about 20K to 30K

however, my suggestion is to attack VIJAI Auto asap!
I saw a banner outside their showroom in Bilekahalli Bannerghatta Road on Sunday morning - this said Insurance 100% Discount - Im not sure on which variant though, but it is worth checking because this will marginally help you in saving some money! Other than this, you can opt out of their standard accessories list and save another 25Grand or so, and then buy only what you need, after market. (This last mentioned saving option applies for the version I bought LX and others - so please check with the dealer.)
cheers and all the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkishore_77 View Post
Hi,

I'm planning to buy mhawk here in Banaglore. I enquired about the prices and was shocked to hear the price of VLX. It's now 12.5 lacs OTR. I have been following the price of this model. It was 11.16 OTR when launched.

It was increased to 11.58 couple of months back and now when I'm seriously planning to buy one the price is out of my reach .

I called up Vijai auto and when they told me the price I thought there is some mistake. So I called up other two dealers(Shireesh and India Garrage) and they confirmed the same.

By the way VLS is now costing 11.43 OTR. It was 10.94 OTR beginning of this month.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks