Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2008, 11:18   #1
BHPian

Booked a black i10 Magna (O) (Now Delivered)

Booked a black i10 Magna (optional) on monday. Was wavering between the black and the deep ocean blue, finally the word from the missus tilted(pushed) me towards the black.

The magna option is the fully loaded version, sans the sunroof, which I did not go for. It comes with twin air-bags, ABS, rear spoiler, 2-din music system and leathered steering wheel-gear knob-hand brake, etc, etc. Decided to go for this even though I knew it was a little costly and would cost less for going for aftermarket accessories. But since ABS and air-bag are not available outside, chose this model.

Taking the car in HMP, in chennai. Had driven my wife's cousin's new car over the weekend and found it good. The drivability and other aspects were very good compared to my current ride a 2005 Alto Lxi.

For me when choosing the car parking was the main consideration, in my house I have space just for cars like my current alto. the i10 itself is going to be a tight fit. That is why I could not consider the swift, getz and other bigger hatches.

The reason for sticking to a hatch is because parking as cited above & also the car is going to be mainly used in the city and the boot space is not a big consideration for me. Highway trips would most probably be once or twice a year.

I could have waited for a little while for the 1.2, but my friend who works in the Hyundai factory felt that for a city drive the 1.1 was ok, but for highways it is supposed to be noisy above 120 km/h. Also I wanted to go for a tried and tested engine rather than the new Kappa engine. He told the new 1.2 is good on the highway and on the hills, they are currently testing the car in Himachal pradesh and other hill station and the engine is good it seems. The new engine is going for mass production next month.

Delivery is scheduled for monday, but the way my finance paperwork is moving at SBI, i seriously doubt it.

Final on road price is 5,32,432. I am getting 2 lacs for my Alto. Exchange bonus of 10000. Cash discount of 5000. Also sun film and mats and other stuff.

Will post photos once I get my hands on the car.

Anand.S
Old 18th June 2008, 13:46   #2
BHPian

Congrats Anand.

I10 is good city car and gives you the best comfort in one of the best interiors in the Small car segment.

Enjoy the ride and put up a few pics once you pick up the car.
Old 18th June 2008, 17:23   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raajiv View Post
Congrats Anand.

I10 is good city car and gives you the best comfort in one of the best interiors in the Small car segment.

Enjoy the ride and put up a few pics once you pick up the car.
Thanks Raajiv, your car was one of the influences too in my decision to go for this car. I am sorry to learn about the accident you had with a biker(saw it in another thread)
Old 18th June 2008, 19:25   #4
Senior - BHPian

Good Choice Anand. i10 is the best small car in the market today.

Push for more discounts - Last I heard 3 weeks back, they were giving 10k delaer discount.
Old 18th June 2008, 19:29   #5
BHPian

Congrats!!! And welcome to the I10 family. The car is absolutely brilliant to drive in the city. Its a breeze to park and to weave in and out of city traffic. Haven't done any highway trips except for a visit to Mysore. It handles well on the highways as well.
Old 18th June 2008, 19:35   #6
BHPian

2 lakhs for alto is a damn good price , what model year was it ? , congrats for the i10 , hyundai would be bringing in some new variants of it this year including an auto .
Old 18th June 2008, 20:22   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline gtr r34 View Post
2 lakhs for alto is a damn good price , what model year was it ? , congrats for the i10 , hyundai would be bringing in some new variants of it this year including an auto .

Yes even i felt it was a good price, it is a 2005 model Lxi. You are right about the new variants coming, also a sports version is being tested.
Old 18th June 2008, 21:25   #8
BHPian

You mean you got 2L for a 2005 alto at HMP on exchange ? Its too good a price for a dealer to offer. Very lucky.

Last edited by Mission_Safari : 18th June 2008 at 21:31.
Old 18th June 2008, 23:35   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
You mean you got 2L for a 2005 alto at HMP on exchange ? Its too good a price for a dealer to offer. Very lucky.
The car is not being purchased directly by HMP, its by a used car dealer who is a third-party in the showroom, just like how the bank DSA's sit in the showroom. My car has done just 18300 kms in the past 3 years. Zero dents, no accidents(touchwood) & all service records clean.

Even then, I know the price is good, and I kind of feel that the resale value of my car would go down once the Nano and other cars like A-star and splash come in. So thought of going for a new car.
Old 19th June 2008, 09:12   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
The car is not being purchased directly by HMP, its by a used car dealer who is a third-party in the showroom, just like how the bank DSA's sit in the showroom. My car has done just 18300 kms in the past 3 years. Zero dents, no accidents(touchwood) & all service records clean.

Even then, I know the price is good, and I kind of feel that the resale value of my car would go down once the Nano and other cars like A-star and splash come in. So thought of going for a new car.
Please can you reveal who the used car dealer was?
Old 19th June 2008, 10:08   #11
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Anand on your new ride and certainly i-10 seems to be the choice now in its segment and might certainly outnumber santro in the coming years. Do post your ownership report and your experience and ofcourse pics too. Congrats once again, yea BLACK is the color which rules
Old 19th June 2008, 10:45   #12
BHPian

Good choice. Yes, you will love the i10, speicially after living with the Alto for a while. The 15-20% extra premium that the i10 demands over other small cars is totally justified in the way it rides and pampers you. The only grouse will be 10-15% more fuel costs, but i guess that a small price to pay.
Old 19th June 2008, 12:28   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Raajiv, your car was one of the influences too in my decision to go for this car. I am sorry to learn about the accident you had with a biker(saw it in another thread)

Hey Anand,

Car is back after setting me aback some thousand rupees.I am glad that you have taken a correct decisions in going for the i10.Enjoy the ride and do post some pictures.
Old 19th June 2008, 15:09   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
Please can you reveal who the used car dealer was?
The delaership name is Lotus cars, its office is in Anna Nagar, near the Ayyappan temple. The person I dealt with is Mr. Padmanabhan. I don't have his number right now, will put it up later.
Old 19th June 2008, 17:00   #15
BHPian

Quote:
The delaership name is Lotus cars, its office is in Anna Nagar, near the Ayyappan temple. The person I dealt with is Mr. Padmanabhan. I don't have his number right now, will put it up later.
Ok Thanks. I know that place so i can get in touch with them when required.

Eagerly awaiting for the pics after you take the delivery.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks