Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2008, 09:01   #46
BHPian

clueless

When you say this, do you mean fitting an ABS aftermarket kit of some sort? Are these available? And if so, reliable?

Frankly speaking, i have no clue. was chatting up with T.G. and he suggested. i green lighted it and now lionhrt is out hunting for ABS
Old 24th June 2008, 09:33   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
I was told by the Hyudai sales guy that I could get the ABS and rear discs fitted for another 25K to the OTR price.
Did you ask him what is ABS and how it works? I bet he won't be able to tell. Go for ABS only if it is provided by Hyundai for Getz CRDi.

Quote:
The other Getz CRDi owners on the forum are also quoting good mileage. Lets see what figures you achieve.
I am getting 13+ with 100% AC and 0% of highways.
Old 24th June 2008, 14:53   #48
BHPian

clueless

Am clueless too.. I asked him if the rear dics and ABS for Verna can be fitted for the Getz CRDi. He said its possible for another 25K...I was not referring to any after market fittings, was talking about having the same ABS and rear discs as in the Verna. It should be possible technically as they share the same tire size... I am not sure though

To end the speculations, I have sent a mail to HMIL asking for the same. Will update if I get a reply from them.
Old 24th June 2008, 14:59   #49
tez
BHPian

Quote:
Am clueless too.. I asked him if the rear dics and ABS for Verna can be fitted for the Getz CRDi. He said its possible for another 25K...I was not referring to any after market fittings, was talking about having the same ABS and rear discs as in the Verna. It should be possible technically as they share the same tire size... I am not sure though

To end the speculations, I have sent a mail to HMIL asking for the same. Will update if I get a reply from them.
I think its not possible. Sameel in one of verna threads mentioned that there was absolutely no space to fit the ABS in getz. Update us once HMIL responds back
Old 24th June 2008, 15:05   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionheart133 View Post
Alloys - P&W (5 Spoke)
How much did you get the alloys for? are these available in 13 inch as well?
Old 24th June 2008, 15:06   #51
BHPian

when you say absolutely no space to fit abs and discs in getz, is it only in getz crdi?? As we all know getz petrol has abs, can't that kit be fitted on getz crdi?
I don't think tire size really matters, as a lot of people upsize their tires on swift zxi and getz petrol abs post purchase.
Old 24th June 2008, 15:09   #52
tez
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
when you say absolutely no space to fit abs and discs in getz, is it only in getz crdi?? As we all know getz petrol has abs, can't that kit be fitted on getz crdi?
I don't think tire size really matters, as a lot of people upsize their tires on swift zxi and getz petrol abs post purchase.
yes jassi, its getz crdi i am talking about. I have no ideas about disc brakes though
Old 24th June 2008, 15:50   #53
BHPian

congrats on your car mate.
im thinking of getting the same car in the same colour
Old 24th June 2008, 15:55   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I sent a mail to Hyundai twice asking about this before i booked my Getz. And both the time they replied that its NOT possible
Old 24th June 2008, 16:16   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez View Post
I think its not possible. Sameel in one of verna threads mentioned that there was absolutely no space to fit the ABS in getz.
If that is the case, then how is ABS a standard feature on the Getz 1.3GLX?
Old 24th June 2008, 16:35   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
I sent a mail to Hyundai twice asking about this before i booked my Getz. And both the time they replied that its NOT possible
I guess that's because ABS is a complex machinery and requires electronic controller. This controller may be part of engine ECU of there may be separate ECU for it.
So its possible that GetzD's ECU may not be supporting ABS at the moment.
Old 24th June 2008, 16:55   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
The diesel engine occupies more space than the petrol engine and so the space inside the bonnet is very less. I cant even find a space to fit my Roots Vibrasonic horn.
Old 24th June 2008, 17:54   #58
tez
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
GLX being a petrol engine would take up less space.
sorry mods, posted the reply and then saw undead's response being the same
Old 24th June 2008, 18:07   #59
BHPian

Hey folks,
Me too a proud owner of my Getz CRDi. It's just a month old now and due for my first service. Waiting to get it over with so I can experience some high-speed adrenaline . Have been very gentle with the beast until now (run-in period).

Will post pictures once I'm done with all mods.

Btw, Lionheart, how did you manage to get a cover? I tried my best from Advaith and all I got was a box of chocolates and a portrait of me and my car (am I a Narcissist???)
Old 24th June 2008, 18:56   #60
BHPian

Congrats Vivek.Martin! Welcome to the club. (now I am getting tired of saying that ) You are #9.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks