Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2008, 16:37   #106
Senior - BHPian

sorry to hijack this thread RedMM

@ guys - any idea how much will the stock exhaust (mufflers and pipes (excluding the stock headers)) cost? i think my car's pipes and muflers are toast.
Old 19th August 2008, 17:23   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
sorry to hijack this thread RedMM

@ guys - any idea how much will the stock exhaust (mufflers and pipes (excluding the stock headers)) cost? i think my car's pipes and muflers are toast.
My friend its little costly affair, the end can cost about 5k OEM, like wise each unit which makes up the entire silence will cost a bomb
am hunting for a local made stuffs for my Advy
Old 25th August 2008, 12:33   #108
Senior - BHPian

Update & Off-topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
My friend its little costly affair, the end can cost about 5k OEM, like wise each unit which makes up the entire silence will cost a bomb
am hunting for a local made stuffs for my Advy
i was initially planning to change the entire exhaust (excluding the stock manifold) with an used exhaust system from a totalled / chopped car (as adviced by a local mechanic) - but decided against because dad and my wife were not that much impressed with the idea.

so i decided to check with the fiat A.S.S. (i was mentally prepared to shell out whatever it costs to get a new one) - the Sr. Advisor checked the car and found a tiny hole in the pipe before the endcan - sealed/weilded it and changed the outer jacket of the endcan (the endcan has two layers) with a fresh sheet metal.

total kharcha:

Labour for Silencer repair: 1200/-
Tax: 148/-
Total: 1348/-

Last edited by planet_rocker : 25th August 2008 at 12:39.
Old 15th September 2008, 21:10   #109
BHPian

Wow! That was surprisingly cheap. The dealers here in Mumbai would have made you replace something or the other. Lucky you.
Waiting for your reply RED MM about the headers and the video please .
Old 26th September 2008, 12:45   #110
Senior - BHPian

@ RedMM - any update on the headers? how is the car running? take care and drive safe.
Old 26th September 2008, 12:50   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
@ RedMM - any update on the headers? how is the car running? take care and drive safe.

Hi there planet rocker,

I am in california right now, so work on the Palio is on hold for a couple more weeks. But the good news is that Automech did give me a replacement header and midpipe. I will get these installed when I return to Delhi.

I tried very very hard to find replacemnt gas shocks for the palio in the U.S., but came up with nothing.

Cheers,
Old 27th November 2008, 15:09   #112
BHPian

Hi

You did a wise thing, i got my alternator repaired for my GTX, but it dosen't charge properly. 7000 rs down the drain, now i'm going for a new alternator for 12k

Solly

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMM340 View Post
Totally fed up at this point, I get my car towed to the dealer in Noida. They have the exact alternator in stock, so I just get the whole think replaced. Price: Rs. 12,000 .

I could have had it repaired since the dealer had the two internal parts: Rectifier/diode assembly (Rs.4000), and regulator/brush assembly (Rs. 3000). But unfortunately, I found out that the local electrician had earlier broken the rectifier while opening the alternator, and had stolen the regulator/brush and given me a damaged brush from a different alternator. So rather than spend 7k on repair, I just went for a brand new unit.
Old 27th November 2008, 20:51   #113
BHPian

I can understand people having bought GTX when it was in production and now facing issues with spares.

but its a mystery why people now buy used (and discontinued) palios like old 1.6, S10, GTX'es and later get frustrated because of problems in maintenence...

what happened to all that fan-boy'ism and all that talk of the "rush of power", "thudding doors", "driving pleasure" etc?

there's an idiom in hindi "aa bail mujhe maar"
Old 28th November 2008, 01:04   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
I can understand people having bought GTX when it was in production and now facing issues with spares.

but its a mystery why people now buy used (and discontinued) palios like old 1.6, S10, GTX'es and later get frustrated because of problems in maintenence...

what happened to all that fan-boy'ism and all that talk of the "rush of power", "thudding doors", "driving pleasure" etc?

there's an idiom in hindi "aa bail mujhe maar"
Any and all cars have some issues with repairs.

I still love to drive my GTX and every time I do I just cant wipe the big grin from the fun I am having. The GTX is an absolute blast. Now that my automech exhaust is in along with a free flow SS muffler, it sounds loud and throaty with nice low, midrange and high rpm power.
Old 28th November 2008, 11:48   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Any and all cars have some issues with repairs.
yes but most others dont have issues acquiring spares
Old 28th November 2008, 12:09   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i dont think there is any issue in finding spare for the fiats now, it was little bad sometime back but now things are improving.

Have a adventure and till now no issues.
Old 29th November 2008, 12:34   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Never had problems with parts. Dealer in Delhi has a good amount of spares in stock at all times.

If one were just paranoid about the availability of spares, you'd end up driving only a Maruti or Tata product.
Old 29th November 2008, 13:47   #118
rippergeo

Quote:

If one were just paranoid about the availability of spares, you'd end up driving only a Maruti or Tata product.
or a hyundai...or a ford...or a chevrolet..or a mitsubishi or a honda...or a toyota. Oh wait! Thats most of the brands that are available in india, and they seem to be supplying spares just fine

Dont mind me, just pulling your Palio Leg

Old 29th November 2008, 15:07   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
or a hyundai...or a ford...or a chevrolet..or a mitsubishi or a honda...or a toyota. Oh wait! Thats most of the brands that are available in india, and they seem to be supplying spares just fine
heh heh...i was about to say something like that....
Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao
i dont think there is any issue in finding spare for the fiats now, it was little bad sometime back but now things are improving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMM340
Never had problems with parts. Dealer in Delhi has a good amount of spares in stock at all times.
ya there is not much of a problem in spares these days but largely for the current fiat models. i know people who own the old palios and they still weep about the scarce and costly original spares. almost all of them rely on cheap "jugaads" that more a workaround than a solution.
if the dealer in delhi happens to have stock of old spares, it may be your good luck but its not true everywhere.
Old 23rd September 2009, 19:10   #120
BHPian

Hi RedMM340,

Still in US?, waking up this thread after a year!

Looking to get a GTX!, please post updates of Exaust, did you get the oval ones?, also update the excel sheet for uprage prices.

Cheers

Makesh.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks