Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2008, 13:11   #31
BHPian

Thanks for the wishes and comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Welcome to the club my friend, so is it going to be a stock setup for your ICE or going in for upgrades?? I love the feel of the car specially on high speed turns where the grip just does give up even on the stock tyres that I am using. One of the best handling cars in india today at this price. Take care and enjoy the ride.
I am very happy with the current ICE setup. So it stays atleast for a year before I go for an upgrade. After closing the windows the cabin remains damn sound-proof ( I loved this when some moronic scorpio guys with AP registration where honking behind me on a traffic signal ) . I keep the volume around 3-4 and that is pretty much ok for me to contain all noises whilst on radio.

Quote:
Must say, its probably the first time that someone has a Cedia Select as their first car. She looks awesome in red.
Yes definitely. Had tough time with the bank guys due to this. But finally was able to convince them. But yes, in my apartment complex I can see many a eyes falling on this beauty and that makes my chest swell ( reminds me of timesjobs ad ;)

Quote:
Congrats on the terrific buy Santosh. IMO a rear spoiler would up the looks quite a bit.
Yes even i liked the rear spoiler. I liked the transparent rear lamps too. My first choice was for sports model, but then the insides was not to my likeness. Somehow the dark interiors make the cabin look smaller (Just my opinion, no flames please ).

Quote:
This color looks a bit different than my French Claret.. Is this the same color or Mitsubishi have changed the shade a little bit to the red side..???
Raja, My colour is definitely different from what you have in your avatar, but some amount of red-side might have come from saturation I have in my gimp/uF-raw setting. I will post up more after my coorg trip and then I will make a couple of pics with neutral setting.
Old 1st July 2008, 14:05   #32
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Santosh.. Will wait for your more pics... Enjoy the machine... drive safe..
Old 6th July 2008, 20:27   #33
BHPian

santosh you got a very pretty colour. enjoy your car.
I got my car sometime around 4-5 months back. I think I got a pretty killer discount considering the price you paid. I paid 8.5 otr with 1 year extended warranty and also films for my specially ordered colour pearl black for my select model. Have the price increased now?

One more things I would like to ask other cedizans, my car is giving a mielage of only 8.5 km/l which I think is on the lower side considering I only use speed or power petrol.

Also wanted to ask other my friends that during my 1st servicing, the beige parts of my car interiors had become a bit dirty,also noticed that the service centre here in kolkata doesnt bother about cleaning it. I was quite dissapointed by their service as I thought they hardly did anything to my car. The beige interiors which had gone a bit dirty were the same. Also the polishing was not up to the mark. I doubt whether during my 2nd servicing they will check the mobil,gear oil,break oil,coolant etc. So I want to know from my friends what to do regarding this and also when do generally fill the coolant(this is the most regular I suppose), mobil, check gear oil,break oil.

I have also found that my gear box is not at all smooth. Is this problem same with everyone?
Old 7th July 2008, 00:57   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cediaowner View Post
santosh you got a very pretty colour. enjoy your car.
I got my car sometime around 4-5 months back. I think I got a pretty killer discount considering the price you paid. I paid 8.5 otr with 1 year extended warranty and also films for my specially ordered colour pearl black for my select model. Have the price increased now?
I have also found that my gear box is not at all smooth. Is this problem same with everyone?
Thanks man!.
Well the price difference is due to the variety of taxes exclusive to bangalore . I dont know what they are, but I know its because of this bangaloreans buy cars at higher prices to their bretherens. I think its life-time-road-tax + something else.

Its almost 3 weeks and I use it only on weekends. Covered around 260 kms and thou initially gears were bit tough, now as the running-in time is progressing the shifts are becoming smoother to my liking. Sometimes if it doesnt lodge in, just re-press the clutch fully and the gear slots in.
Old 7th July 2008, 15:13   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cediaowner View Post

Q1. One more things I would like to ask other cedizans, my car is giving a mielage of only 8.5 km/l which I think is on the lower side considering I only use speed or power petrol.

Q2. I have also found that my gear box is not at all smooth. Is this problem same with everyone?
A1: 8.5-9 kmpl is what I get too, while my daily drive is just 5 kms within the City alone and on weekends around 20 kms. This is OK, as when I was doing 36 kms/day few months ago, I used to get 10-11 kmpl easily in a mixed traffic conditions. I tried Power and Speed once and it really made no difference at all in mileage. I guess these premium petrols could make a difference in smaller CC engines, to give a little bit of boost to the pick-up and nothing else... And Mitsubishi / HM strongely recommends to go for Normal only.

A2: The gearbox... Well, I had peculiar problem with the gearbox.. It was perfectly slotting when I took delivery and then after 1000 km service, I found it dofficult to slot to the 3rd gear... I asked the dealer and they said they didnt change oil in the gearbox during that service... Then when I was changing the seat position and height, at one posture, the gears were perfectly slotting in, butter-smooth. Also I noticed that the 2nd and 3rd gear are almost parallel to the car's central axis... Now its perfect and no problem.. May be you should try chanign the seat position (particularly the height) and give it a shot again...!!

Just dont know what power and speed petrol is contributing..

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 7th July 2008 at 15:17.
Old 7th July 2008, 15:16   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
ONLY profits to the govt. owned oil companies...
Old 8th July 2008, 00:30   #37
BHPian

Quote:
A1:

Then when I was changing the seat position and height, at one posture, the gears were perfectly slotting in, butter-smooth. Also I noticed that the 2nd and 3rd gear are almost parallel to the car's central axis... Now its perfect and no problem.. May be you should try chanign the seat position (particularly the height) and give it a shot again...!!

Thanks for the info friend. I will definitely try adjusting the ride height tomorrow and see for the change.

Regarding the power and speed, I never knew that its just a hype. Good to know about this stuff.

The only bad thing about cedia is the customer service in Kolkata. Unlike Bangalore, where I have heard awesome service, Kolkata service really sucks. If I get a chance, I would prefer getting my car serviced from outside shop if I get to know a good one.
Old 10th July 2008, 13:31   #38
BHPian

Quote:
....I tried Power and Speed once and it really made no difference at all in mileage. I guess these premium petrols could make a difference in smaller CC engines, to give a little bit of boost to the pick-up and nothing else... And Mitsubishi / HM strongely recommends to go for Normal only. .......

Just don't know what power and speed petrol is contributing..
I observed the same thing in my Cedia, no change at all in smoothness/speed or fuel consumption.
I had seen considerable difference in my Zen when I switched from Normal to Speed.
The reason could be The Zen had clocked considerable mileage (more than 50000 kms) running on normal petrol, and when I switched to Speed, It's probably the cleaning agents in Speed/Power which helped the engine run smooth.
My Cedia has just clocked around 13000 kms.
Old 14th July 2008, 16:25   #39
BHPian

Congrats on the new Cedia Santosh – I can see that you are enjoying it the way you have written. Nice color too.

Last week, I had been to Lathangi and TD the Fiesta SXi – I knew they started Ford dealership, but believed they had Mitsubishi also. Only on landing there realized that they stopped Mitsubishi – now hope to go to Southern Motors next week to check out the Cedia.

Just wanted to check with Cedians in Bangalore as how it is going to be with only one dealer and service location. Also worried if that would hinder getting a good deal?

I also checked out the Civic, SX4 and Verna – Waiting for Cedia and Corolla also before deciding. BTW, my current car is Ikon 1.6 Zxi Nxt. Any thoughts that would help me decide?
Old 14th July 2008, 17:24   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
I also checked out the Civic, SX4 and Verna – Waiting for Cedia and Corolla also before deciding. BTW, my current car is Ikon 1.6 Zxi Nxt. Any thoughts that would help me decide?
If you're not in hurry, then you should wait for the new Cedia Sport or the new corolla (and the new Honda city?)
Old 14th July 2008, 18:49   #41
BHPian

New Cedia Sport?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyodi Backster View Post
If you're not in hurry, then you should wait for the new Cedia Sport or the new corolla (and the new Honda city?)
I am actually in hurry since the lease on my existing Ikon Zxi is expiring this month and need to dispose for tax reasons.

When is the new Cedia Sport expected? Any clue on the price? - I checked website and they have removed the price of Sports.
Old 14th July 2008, 21:26   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
I am actually in hurry since the lease on my existing Ikon Zxi is expiring this month and need to dispose for tax reasons.

When is the new Cedia Sport expected? Any clue on the price? - I checked website and they have removed the price of Sports.
Last, I heard it was late august/september..Corolloa will be launched in 1st week of september..3GHC will be November, Fiat Linea will be September 2nd week..
I have confused you a bit more, haven't I, mate?. Well, I am only keeping the time honoured traditions of this forum alive!
Old 16th July 2008, 11:48   #43
BHPian

Well 8.5 seems to be pretty resonable for city use on a daily basis. I also faced the same problem with southern motors, who do the service in Bangalore, they messed up the interiors a bit while servicing and then did not bother to clean it up. I really didnt know what to do, so took the car back and got them to clean it in front of me.
Old 16th July 2008, 11:57   #44
Senior - BHPian

Path Finder...New Cedia is not planned and will take couple of months.It will be costing exactly 1 lakh more as per HM sources.Also there is very minimal external changes.I was told that Interiors are to remain same.
If you noticed,the spare parts of all HM cars have come down.Someoen out up the rate card here
Old 16th July 2008, 12:08   #45
Senior - BHPian

My Cedia Acquisition report:
It was almost an year back that i decided to buy a Cedia Sports Aussie yellow and was waiting for July 08 to come by,where my exisitng car lease would end and i would be able to go for the new beauty.
I called Sureka Auto and Raima Motors(a new Mitsu dealer ) in Hyderabad and negotiated for a good price.Finally in June 08,i decided to go with Sureka Auto as they gave a swell offer of :
OTR : 10,25,000 (Raima Motors didnt budge from 10,65,000)
ICE : Blaupunkt Hamburg with Bluetooth Kit
Extended Warranty : Free
Teflon Coating at the dealer's cost
Dinner at Green Park (3 star hotel) for 10 family members.

I went ahead and paid an advance of Rs.10000 and booked an Aussie Yellow.The car was the last one in that colour and Lathangi (blore) which was closing down had this in stock.
Next few days were spent on transfering the car from Blore to Hyd and invoicing to Sureka Auto and finally the car reached Hyd on 8th July (after the Truckers Strike) held it back in Bangalore for few days.

The car clocked 56kms when it reached hyd,which sounded reasonable.
I took the delivery of the car on 11th July with my family and Sureka Auto did a good job in terms of making it a smooth delivery with all the goodies and celebrations.

I will post an initial report next week as I have driven much in the last few days.

But the car is awesome and Im one of the last CEDIZAN to possess the Aussie yellow sports version...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks