Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2005, 07:46   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cream
i just changed them to 185/65R14 Goddyear eagle NCT5 - on neo alloys...the whole car has changed in dynamics.
Just this won't do. You need to post some pics.

What's the audio set up plan Mr expert?

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 7th March 2005 at 16:30.
Old 7th March 2005, 10:00   #17
Team-BHP Support

Hey Cream,

Congrats on the new Petra, I still don't know when I can go for mine. Would like to hear about your experiences with the new tyre. Let me hear your experience on 185/65R14, especially the effect on ride comfort and handling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
What's the audio set up plan Mr expert?
Aha! this would be interesting. What would the foremost Audio expert in Team-BHP install on his car?

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 7th March 2005 at 16:31.
Old 7th March 2005, 14:26   #18
BANNED

Hey cream do post some pics. Eagle NCT5s are not noisy as such but the Eagle f1s are quite noisy due to strange thread pattern.
Old 7th March 2005, 23:57   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
Hey Cream,

Congrats on the new Petra, I still don't know when I can go for mine. Would like to hear about your experiences with the new tyre. Let me hear your experience on 185/65R14, especially the effect on ride comfort and handling.

Aha! this would be interesting. What would the foremost Audio expert in Team-BHP install on his car?
samurai,

the car is the palio diesel, not the petra - was not able to buy the petra petrol because i travel 50Kms /day...but i am incredibly happy - even though some niggles are irritatiing - some new ones.

i feel all tubeless tyres would be more noisy than their tubed brethren - because they do not have the extra air tube inside - which would act as a good insultor for sound and noise transmission - the tubed tyre would contact the road, the rim and the tube - the tube would provide some kinda insulation in this aspect

tubeless ones contact the road and the rim directly - thus vibration would be transferred directly - that's just my analysis as an acoustician...

but i'm very happy with the tyre per se - they say it has a special silicon compound that makes the tyre a little harder - so it increases life - also this compund reduces rolling resistance (tyre - road) so that helps bring FE up around 5% as against other same sized tyres - FE consious guys may want to look at this.

grip and handling dynamics seemed to have improved - but not really able to put it to the test - because i'm driving very carefully in bombay traffic!

will definitely post pics - those new neo alloys (model called titan) look awesome -prospective foreign alloy buyers must take a look see.

as far as the sound system is concerned - you guys are being too polite - as i said, i'm not a headbanger - so it's going to be some clean, quiet high fidelity for me - to listen to ella, frank, dean, natking cole, knopfler etc ...

mostly i see people going for stuff like 12" woofers et al, not really in my zone - will go for a dual 5.25" with a ferrofluid cooled silk dome tweeter pair - coupled with my own crossover - hopefully will sound good. it's an experiment - never really worked in car audio...will keep u guys informed. need some good full ranges for the fronts - no tweeters here - because they are too directional and tend to mess up imaging

have a month or more before that happens - you see, i'm broke! those mags - and the knopfler tickets took my last dime away...

Mr. R_S,

i was eagerly awaiting your phone in mumbai - i guess u were to busy to meet up (or maybe i didn't invite you in the right spirit hehehe) - next time round -
Old 20th April 2005, 11:02   #20
BHPian

My palio D creating electrical problems at 6000 kms. It doesnt, the heater ligghts dont glow some times. work shop checked it once, but problem still there. and back right hand side door power window not working from 350 kms.

Will update soon. and who said after sales customer service is bad. they do better than mercedes.
Old 20th April 2005, 11:29   #21
BHPian

okie, another fiat man

congrats on palio D.
the pick up is so good, the car makes no noises and the engine guaranteed for 200,000 KMs, A heavy car whic you can casually throw aroung in corners, spongy but sure-acting Brakes,
sexy looks.
Phew, A HatchBack should look like Palios.
put up some nice Bluak***t systems, tiny woofers and a digital Amp, CD changer, the you can make home the Roads.
Good Luck to you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks