Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2008, 16:50   #31
Senior - BHPian

Have you retrofitted that A/C.
Or is it factory fitted.

If retrofitted can it be fitted in a Qualis.?
Old 14th October 2008, 00:49   #32
BHPian

@abhinav - The roof mounted a/c? It comes as a standard in EX and VX.
For retro fitting I suggest that it be done at the manufacturer's service center. It helps to have them involved to avoid any future complications.
Old 22nd December 2008, 21:07   #33
BHPian

Enjoying the experience

My Safari has completed 2500km and going great guns. No major issues till now. Completed first service at 1400km.

Here's a rundown of my experience with Safari

- The ride is smooth and the engine noise (though not much in the first place) has reduced a lot after the first service. I was told that after 2800km the engine would settle and the noise would reduce further.

- Getting an FE of around 11 with regular diesel and no additives

- Wasan Motors filled in 2 litres of System D during the first service and charged me 1200/- for it. Is that okay? I was told that I do not need to add Sys D regularly and the next time it will be added during the second service at 7500km.

- The A/C stopped working one morning and a fuse was replaced. I was told that they have given a fuse wire of higher rating which will hold. I was also told that this is a problem with the factory fitted fuses that come with a new vehicle.

- I find the range of the keyless entry quite poor. I really have to be near the vehicle to get it to work. I was told it needs an ECU setting change and this again is an issue with the 2.2s.

- Door tightening and setting was done.

- Some little rattles are there but can be overlooked.

On the whole I am greatly enjoying the Safari experience. It is a pleasure to drive the vehicle and it is so comfortable for the passengers too.

Last edited by wheelsNsqueals : 22nd December 2008 at 21:14. Reason: typo
Old 22nd December 2008, 21:31   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsNsqueals View Post
My Safari has completed 2500km and going great guns. No major issues till now. Completed first service at 1400km.

Here's a rundown of my experience with Safari

- The ride is smooth and the engine noise (though not much in the first place) has reduced a lot after the first service. I was told that after 2800km the engine would settle and the noise would reduce further.

- Wasan Motors filled in 2 litres of System D during the first service and charged me 1200/- for it. Is that okay? I was told that I do not need to add Sys D regularly and the next time it will be added during the second service at 7500km.

DUDE> THAT IS NOT OK!

- The A/C stopped working one morning and a fuse was replaced. I was told that they have given a fuse wire of higher rating which will hold. I was also told that this is a problem with the factory fitted fuses that come with a new vehicle.

- I find the range of the keyless entry quite poor. I really have to be near the vehicle to get it to work. I was told it needs an ECU setting change and this again is an issue with the 2.2s.

- Door tightening and setting was done.

- Some little rattles are there but can be overlooked.

On the whole I am greatly enjoying the Safari experience. It is a pleasure to drive the vehicle and it is so comfortable for the passengers too.
Glad you are enjoying your safari.
Wasan has no right to put anything in your tank without your consent and then charge you for it. You are at liberty to not pay it and take it up with their manager and also complain when TML calls you up.
Wasan is very concerned about negative ratings to TML.
There is no reason why a new vehicle has to use an additive so early in its life. The manual recommends normal diesel. Trust me, it works best.

I had the same problem with the keyless entry. Took it up with Wasan. I was given the Minda service number. They came over and replaced the unit. Home service. The range is much better but not good enough.

Ac fuse is normal. they solve it with a higher rating fuse. I guess you will not have a similar issue again.

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 22nd December 2008 at 21:33.
Old 22nd December 2008, 22:27   #35
Senior - BHPian

2lit of what ! Its 1 ml per liter!
Old 23rd December 2008, 08:24   #36
Senior - BHPian

2 Litres of System D
Is it engine oil or what?

Please check the quantity.
Old 23rd December 2008, 08:45   #37
BHPian

Congratulations, for the VFM vehicle it makes sense to have safari.
Old 23rd December 2008, 14:14   #38
BHPian

I'll check the bill once I am back in town to see the quantity. I remember seeing 2 full sealed bottles of System D being put in from the customer receptoin area and before I could go near the car it was done. I asked the service guy, Pankaj and he said that it is part of normal service during the first service.
Old 23rd December 2008, 14:21   #39
BHPian

Quote:
I'll check the bill once I am back in town to see the quantity. I remember seeing 2 full sealed bottles of System D being put in from the customer receptoin area and before I could go near the car it was done. I asked the service guy, Pankaj and he said that it is part of normal service during the first service.
This would be one of the most bizarre things I would have heard regarding TASS. Please do clarify this and report back.
Old 23rd December 2008, 18:19   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Till now I have done about 150km and over some real bad roads in Powai and Goregaon. Till now no issues. Straining my ears for the squeaks, hope to never hear them.
dude, i stay in hiranandani, powai... where are the bad roads?
i thought the concrete roads just has a few small potholes here and there!
anyways, nice colour.. i love SUVs in white.
Old 23rd December 2008, 18:28   #41
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
If it were a must for 1st service, it would have been listed in your service manual.

Not only is not System D needed, the quantity that they have put in could be detrimental. the ratio is mentioned in another message. They have put more than 30 full tanks at 65L each in one shot.

Give a complaint and get your money back.

Last edited by trrk : 23rd December 2008 at 18:30.
Old 23rd December 2008, 19:14   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
WHat normal service? DEMAND your money back - TASS have this habit of doing a Bardahl Engine Flush at every service saying its a part of normal service, I've refused to pay for it twice at RF.

Any extra work like engine flush should have the customer's consent, and so should additives like System D.

And 2 whole packs???? Wont that screw up the engine? Its like having a whole strip of panadol because you have a headache...
Old 23rd December 2008, 19:28   #43
BHPian

hey bro..

wht is the OTR price for this version
Old 24th December 2008, 00:20   #44
BHPian

Will surely check out with TASS and complaint once I am back in town. You guys have really got me worried now. I wonder would a popular TASS like Wasan do such a thing for 1200/- bucks? They'll hear from me no doubt.

@ Honda Dude - This was a corporate purchase, Mumbai registration and it costed 13.11 otr
Old 5th April 2010, 12:50   #45
BHPian

Safari 3rd Service..posting from TASS

Hi guys, Been a long time since I posted. I am now writing from Wasan Service Center in Kandivali as my Safari is going through the 3rd Service. I have done 31477 kms in about 17 months. Here is a run down of my experience with Safari.

Pros

- Have really enjoyed driving this beast and taking it through the rough and tumble over these 17 months. Most of my driving has been on the expressway and Mumbai city, except for some rough roads in Malshej, Jawhar etc. Haven't faced any issues till now.

- Getting around 11.5 kmpl on an average with 100% AC and 80% city driving.

- More than me, my wife, daughter and freinds are extremely happe as they can slide back and relax the drive. Very good comfort level for both the driver and passengers. This has now become the defacto vehicle for any trips with friends and I don't mind.

- Despite smirks and sniggers from so called "car experts", my Safari has provided excellent service till now.

- Super pick up after the bardahl treatment I did at 15K. On expressway it can easily take on any vehicle. Acceleration is smooth and before you know it hits 160kmph without much effort. Unfortunately the needle stops at 165 and doesn't move up even if you floor the pedal.

- Great A/C, cools in no time.

Cons

- Squeaks and rattles from seats and door.
- One has to get used to the Cabin noise, especially at high speeds
- Turning radius

Issues faced post 30K which are getting resolved at the 3rd Service

- The service light comes on while braking, especially on a slope. The Lucas guys are taking a look at it. Says it is a minor issue with Diesel pump. To be changed under warranty.

- Wheel bearing needs servicing/replacement under warranty
- Alternator light came on yesterday.
- Diesel filter being changed.

I am slo changing oil and putting in Castrol Edge Synthetic oil. Will cost approx 7K.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks