Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2009, 15:30   #31
Team-BHP Support

No it's not as bad as the NHC CVT box. That was rubberband effect to the max. This has a slight lag at start up, but after that acceleration is like a train. Linear with shifts that are not noticable at all. Performance at slow speeds is very good as it's wuite a torquey motor and the CVT is quick.
Old 4th November 2015, 23:24   #32

Help needed in buying a 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander

Hi all,

I am planning to buy an Outlander 2010 48k kms run for 8.10L .. pretty much in excellent condition with new tyres and brake pads. I am buying it as i love the car. My running is not much. Have a small car for city purpose. Mostly will be used for long drives and trips.

I would like to know what other BHPians have to say. I am planning to keep the car for 4-5 years. Would like to know your opinions.

Last edited by GTO : 6th November 2015 at 11:07. Reason: Language
maxguru is offline   Received Infraction
Old 5th November 2015, 16:10   #33
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Help needed in buying a 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander

For about 4-5 years should be OK. They are reliable vehicles but..

Maintenance would be high with not enough authorized centres. So if something goes wrong on long drives and trips would require to be towed back all the way.

It would be better as daily city drive vehicle with relatively less chance of any issues affecting you in a big way.

Overall would not recommend it. Get a CRV AT 2.4 of the same age instead to be safe.
ACM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 16:16   #34
Senior - BHPian

Dear Max

Pls. avoid the Outlander.
The spares are expensive and difficult to come by.

Also, with the HM Mitsubishi fall out, there is nothing that may urge you to go for this.

It is better off like ACM mentioned to go with the CRV of similar vintage or you could consider the Endy.
arnabchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 18:14   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

The outlander is a good vehicle, however, after 5 years, the outlander would be very difficult to sell. Now not that these are easy, but you have a better options with the CRV, Grand Vitara or even the Endeavor.
Old 5th November 2015, 20:28   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxguru View Post
Hi all,

i am planning to buy a outlander 2010 48k kms run for 8.10L .. pretty much in excellent condition with new tyres and brake pads. i am buying it as i love the car . my running is not much. have a small car for city purpose. mostly will be used for long drives and trips.

i would like to know what other bhpians have to say. i am planing to keep the car for 4-5 years. would like to know your opinions.
I had seriously looked at Outlanders before picking up my Grand Vitara.
Ideal for long distance drives. Smooth engine and gearbox - particularly for sedate driving.
You will have to develop a good rapport with the local mitsubishi service station, but be prepared to do direct imports of spares in a crunch.

Re spares I would place them 40-60% costlier than Grand Vitara and possibly on par with a CRV.
Get the car checked out before finalising the deal. Also be prepared for Rs. 50,000 to 75,000 contingencies.
Old 23rd December 2015, 14:36   #37
BHPian

Re: Driven : Mitsubishi Outlander!

Used Mitsubishi Outlander Price Update:-

I have recently been looking for a used Outlander in Delhi NCR and would like to share a few points to fellow Team BHPians.

2010 Good Condition 5.5-6 lakhs
2011 Good Condition 6-6.5 lakhs

If procured from Individual sellers and max 7lakhs.

Dealers in Delhi NCR quote anywhere between 7.5-9.5 lakhs. Point to note is that out of 14 used cars available for sale on various websites 11 are with dealers and 3 with individuals. These dealer cars have been mostly procured at lower rates and refurnished a bit to look attractive but most of the mileage meters have been tampered to half the original readings after a background check at the workshops. If you browse on internet you can see older ads of these same cars by individuals who have been quoting a lesser price and a higher mileage in kms run. Some dealers were willing to sell for 6.7-7.5lakhs on bargaining but the quality of cars looked average and badly abused and run around 0.85-1.25 lakh kms. Most cars have a damaged padding under the front fenders (i.e. before the front wheels). Car On road prices were 21-23 lakhs during 2010-2011, but resale hit due to Mitsubishi stopping the model and a new facelift launch expected if at all by end of 2016.

Outlanders is a very spacious car, good to drive which returns a fuel average of 6.5-8 kmpl in normal traffic and around 5kmpl in bumper to bumper traffic. Engines of well maintained cars can last upto 2 lakh kms before a rebore. Highway expect a 9-10.5kmpl depending on driving conditions. Spares like ECU and Sensors are difficult to procure. Tyres of original stock size are not available. While rest of mechanicals may need a waiting time. Spares and service charges are expensive in case of a break down which can run up to Rs 75000, while an accident can set you back by a minimum of Rs 1.25 lakhs plus waiting period at workshop. Though you may a used Outlander at a cheap price, insurance is not cheap, expect to shell out Rs 27-32 thousand for the current year.

Last edited by raja_ys : 23rd December 2015 at 14:39.
Old 23rd December 2015, 14:46   #38
Senior - BHPian

Mitsubishi's spare part scenario is a mess. Parts are outrageously priced and hard to get. The service centers are basically milking existing customers as sales aren't doing to well.

Faced it first hand with my now sold Cedia. They wanted 75k to replace brake discs and brake pads. A drive shaft costs 100k, front suspension costs 100k to overhaul.

For outlander, the prices will be even higher. Please avoid at all costs!

PS: I need to change my avatar soon.
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2015, 15:13   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raja_ys View Post
Used Mitsubishi Outlander Price Update:-

I have recently been looking for a used Outlander in Delhi NCR and would like to share a few points to fellow Team BHPians.

2010 Good Condition 5.5-6 lakhs
2011 Good Condition 6-6.5 lakhs
i would second reign of chaos here.

While i agree with your observations of Outlander being spacious etc., it makes no sense to go for a product that
1) was a niche product to start with. top of that, long since been withdrawn from market.
2) most of the parts were import.

The maintenance will quickly erode the advantage of low initial cost of purchase. you will be at mercy of the wafer thin dealer network or would have to source parts on your own if you opt for an indie garage.

Either wait for new product launches or look at non mitsu options in the pre owned space.

PS: i own a cedia and frankly havent had things all that difficult with it. even then, wouldnt go for a purchase from the mitsubishi stable.

Last edited by maven : 23rd December 2015 at 15:15.

Most Viewed