Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2009, 01:43   #16
Senior - BHPian

IF you felt it to be a great decision, nothing else matters. You are covered for the 3 years anyways.

Congrats.
Old 4th March 2009, 00:20   #17
BHPian

Car has clocked around 2300 kms only, so can't give a very detailed report right now.

Experience so far:

Exterior - I just love what Ford has done with the S variant. The sports body kit looks decent and is not at all loud. There is no tasteless showiness and the car looks good overall. The alloy design is nice but it could have been better. Had the Fiesta been a little more wider, it would have looked even better. The fit and finish and the paint quality is quite good.

Interior - The dashboard design and the material used is nice. Fit and finish is good. I prefer black interiors but the shade of gray could have been a bit darker. The front seats are comfortable and offer good support and leg room. I can't comment on rear leg room but a rear armrest and adjustable head rest as provided in the SXI would have been welcome. The turn indicators on the instrument cluster is not at all visible during the daytime, Ford could have provided slightly bigger indicators with a more powerful bulb or something. The steering wheel is a delight to hold.

Air conditioning - Since I bought the car in October, I can't really comment on the effectiveness of the AC. For whatever period I have used it, I found the Vernas' AC to be better than Fiestas'.

ICE - The stock system is quite decent with components in the front. The AUX works fine with my N91.

Ride and Handling - The ride quality is quite ok as the 1.6 S is supposed to have stiff suspension. However, it won't jar you over the bumps. The steering feels a bit heavy but delivers good feedback and control.

Performance - The car is a delight to drive. The engine is rev happy and has smooth power delivery throughout the range. It goes all the way up to 6500/6600 (haven't tried pushing it beyond that).

Ground Clearance is good and it does not scrape over speed breakers.

FE -
10 - 10.5 with 100% AC on.
12.5 - 13 with 95% AC off.

A.S.S. (Harpreet Ford)

It is wretched. 99% of people working there, right from the showroom staff, to the service manager, service adviser and those working on the floor are hopeless.

First service was done at around 1500 kms. They just checked the fluids, lights, locks and washed the car. It was just a waste of time.

The engine oil seal was replaced under warranty at around 2000 kms. Don't know how it got damaged, even according to the service centre it was a rare occurrence.

These are the only pictures I have at the moment.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Fiesta 1.6S-fiesta.jpg  

Ford Fiesta 1.6S-fiesta1.jpg  

Ford Fiesta 1.6S-fiesta_int.jpg  

Old 4th March 2009, 00:43   #18
BHPian

GS congrats on the car (i know m very late).
m sure she deserves better pics man!
Old 4th March 2009, 08:38   #19
BHPian

Congrats on the new car, I am late too, sorry.
My heart was also rocked when i test drove the fiesta at harpreet ford, its just pure ISHK, I drove it for good 5 kms and touched the 160 km/h mark on teh NH8 highway , i couldnt buy it as it was available thourgh CSD( EXI model is all i could afford), so instead of my heart i listened to the Head and bough a ACCENT.
But at any given day i would love to drive Fiesta, its amazing. Best of Luck and i wish you would have no troubles with the new love.
Old 4th March 2009, 15:25   #20
Senior - BHPian

GS:congrats on the new S.only white S in forum,many are blue & other colors.
won't this model come with side repeaters on ORVM's and is it only for SXI model?
Old 4th March 2009, 15:36   #21
Senior - BHPian

GS - thats indeed a good looking car you got there

I just love the seats !

the FE you quoted is also quite good. but is this in Delhi City traffic or more like NH-8 runs ?
Old 5th March 2009, 10:40   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
GS congrats on the car (i know m very late).
m sure she deserves better pics man!
Thanks white_vdi! Sorry for the poor quality of pics, was taken from a phone cam. Will post better pics soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garry.brant View Post
Congrats on the new car, I am late too, sorry.
Thanks Garry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
GS:congrats on the new S.only white S in forum,many are blue & other colors.
won't this model come with side repeaters on ORVM's and is it only for SXI model?
Thanks Ramsagar! The side indicators on ORVM is only for SXI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
GS - thats indeed a good looking car you got there

I just love the seats !

the FE you quoted is also quite good. but is this in Delhi City traffic or more like NH-8 runs ?
Thanks Narayan! Its mainly NH 8 runs.
Old 5th March 2009, 10:47   #23
Senior - BHPian

@-GS-: You got a great car there.

Waiting for you to post a good picture
Old 5th March 2009, 11:02   #24
BHPian

The 1.6S looks cool in white, I've never seen it in white before. I know you are enjoying it
Old 5th March 2009, 11:55   #25
BHPian

Congrats GS !! 1.6S is one hot car and a VFM sedan as well, wish you the best for the car.

On the A.S.S. thing, try Harpreet Ford Vasant Kunj , I've heard they are better than their other counterparts.
Old 5th March 2009, 12:13   #26
BHPian

Lovely to see in white. Great choice of car and you are getting a pretty good mileage as well.

Good Luck :-)
Old 5th March 2009, 16:17   #27
BHPian

Fiesta looks gorgeous in white. Excellent color. The interiors as well look great. I think the exterior color and interior color combination is absolutely stunning. Add to that the engine. Wow!! you have one hell of a car. Now, if only the Ford *** was good, even I would be tempted to buy the exact same combo (1.6S in white).
Old 5th March 2009, 17:33   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvhplyevraftr View Post
Now, if only the Ford *** was good, even I would be tempted to buy the exact same combo (1.6S in white).
If the after-sales is the only thing stopping you, do check with vnabhi, who is also from Hyderabad as to which dealer to approach. I believe he should be able to help you out. He has a 1.6 as well, though not an 'S'.
Old 5th March 2009, 17:47   #29
Senior - BHPian

1.6S in White. First time for me and looks pretty good. Congrats -GS-
Do post some more pictures with better clarity.
1.6S is one car I want to own but can't afford right now. (I take the pleasure by driving one of my friend's whenever I get a chance!)

As for A.S.S for Ford in Hyderabad, it is pretty decent and I haven't heard any complaints from my friend yet. Vnabhi will also be able to give you more inputs!
Old 5th March 2009, 18:41   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
If the after-sales is the only thing stopping you, do check with vnabhi, who is also from Hyderabad as to which dealer to approach. I believe he should be able to help you out. He has a 1.6 as well, though not an 'S'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
1.6S in White. First time for me and looks pretty good. Congrats -GS-
Do post some more pictures with better clarity.
1.6S is one car I want to own but can't afford right now. (I take the pleasure by driving one of my friend's whenever I get a chance!)

As for A.S.S for Ford in Hyderabad, it is pretty decent and I haven't heard any complaints from my friend yet. Vnabhi will also be able to give you more inputs!
Exactly---Mody Ford offers decent A**. I'd heard bad stories about the other dealer, but I met someone recently who told me that they have also improved.
To cite an example, I'd installed a rear view camera that sits on top of the stock rear view mirror. One day, the stock mirror got loose from its position, and almost fell down, as it appears my car washing guy was applying too much pressure over it.
I went to the after market shop near my house from where I'd bought it. He applied some creamish gum (i think araldite)at the rear of the base and stuck it to the windscreen. But it fell off again after a week. I was in a dilemma! The camera shop guy was suggesting we drill the mirror onto the roof, like in Maruti cars, which I desisted.

So I decided to go 11 kms away to Mody Ford. The service advisor said we should never apply gum, but instead to use a special double-sided sticker supplied by Ford. He deployed someone to painstakingly scrape off the solidified gum with a blade---tough job and it took almost an hour. He did a neat job though. He then stuck the stock mirror with the Ford sticker and told me to mount the camera on it only after a day.

All I had to pay was Rs 50 for the sticker! Now that's what I call attention to detail.

Most Viewed