Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2008, 13:05   #16
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. Wine red is my favourite colour on the City other than black. Enjoy her.
Old 30th October 2008, 13:24   #17
BHPian

Congts for the car. The quality of Honda is too good. Do post few pics of the car also can you tell for how much you bought the car?
Old 30th October 2008, 14:30   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Great buy. It is a beauty to drive and looks are so stately !! Drive hard and safe.

Bit more info on odo, colour, price would be appreciated.
Thanks . It has run 79K , Its Wine red , I paid 2.10 Lac for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhokritesh View Post
Congrats on ur Buy, am sure the OHC wont let you down, plz upload some pics of the Car.
Thanks .

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
welcome to the club. think of saving couple of laks for ultimate turbo job. forget v-tec b-tec head.
Thankyou , First I gotta MIVEC my ralliart and then I will do on this baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
Congratulations.

The type-2 OHC is the best City they ever made, IMO. (with the exception of the new 2008 model).
It was reliable and fun to drive, which are some of the best reasons to buy a car. An added bonus for you is that it will be pretty economical to maintain.

Couple of questions for you, though.

1. How many kms on the ODO?
2. Single owner?
3. Did you have it checked out by a mechanic?
Ans 1 : 79000 Km
Ans 2 : Yes
Ans 3 : Don't trust mechanics .
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Congrats Max..I too appreciate an OHC and Im toying the idea of acquring one as I want a Honda in my stable...
Pls post some pics
Thankyou , The pics are uploaded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Congrats on the buy. And, i am sure you will find a lot of OHC lovers and users on this forum to help you out if any niggles to the car.
Thanks and I am really looking forward towards an OHC meet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit.jhamb View Post
congrats on your buy.for esteem did you try the true value outlets?i dont think esteems are hard to find.
any way enjoy your OHC.And do post some pictures
ankit jhamb
I had a look at nearly 20 Esteems. Either the car was bad or price was bad or both were bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post

Congrats on the new buy Max! Now when do I TD it to give you the list of work required on the car??

Have fun!!
Thanks Tyre man ! I will definitely get in touch with you for professional advices (regarding car ofcourse)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiingg View Post
Congracts Max, welcome to the OHC Club.
Quote:
Originally Posted by backrub View Post
Congrats on zeroing in on the best car available in second hand market. It is very difficult to get a second model OHC. There are many factors, ones who have them and are maintaining it well, does not even think of selling the baby comes as the first problem.

Then the car is no longer in production, the new car has a lesser powerful engine.
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Started hunting for Esteem and ended up buying 1.5 Type II OHC EDIT:Service @90000 Km-1.jpg  

Started hunting for Esteem and ended up buying 1.5 Type II OHC EDIT:Service @90000 Km-2.jpg  

Started hunting for Esteem and ended up buying 1.5 Type II OHC EDIT:Service @90000 Km-3.jpg  

Started hunting for Esteem and ended up buying 1.5 Type II OHC EDIT:Service @90000 Km-4.jpg  

Old 30th October 2008, 14:38   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight View Post
Congrats Joe. Waiting for the snaps.She , with no doubt, has a gem of an engine.
Thanks sir , by the way saw an Ultra hot new Honda Accord in White . It was just too Uuh La La . Hotter than any 20 lac-er I have ever seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Great buy. It is a beauty to drive and looks are so stately !! Drive hard and safe.

Bit more info on odo, colour, price would be appreciated.
I love the suspension setup . Just right for some spirited driving.
Odo - 79K
Price - 210K INR
Colour- Not the best but at the same time not that bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Congrats, Max!
Wine red Type II OHC, eh? No wonder you started the search with Ishan as your guide.

First of all, where are the pikchaars? :hummm

How much was on odo when you picked her up?
What tires are running on the car now? And before you upgrade, read Tadu's thread about S-drives!

Finally, no forgiveness for not coming for the meet @ storm. :where is that hammer smilie?

Enjoy her! Greater Noida expressway ain't that far. You know!
My Dearest Zak (Nope!, am not what you are thinking I am.Its just brotherly affection ) ,

First of all that day was so frustrating , I mean I have seen traffic but this is not that , it was a road block and to add to the frustration people were highly coperative and there was no way I could have reached back on time , buuut I accept the full responsibality of making a word and not keeping it.

Cars are running on Pirelli's but 175 section . I do greater noida expressway most of the days past 10, then its too fun with the lights off and fluroscent lane dividers showing me the path to attain Nirvana !
By the way pikchaars are uploaded.
Old 30th October 2008, 14:47   #20
BANNED

Dhanno! You've got a follower here.
The pictures just reminds me of Dhanno! Only things left out are the alloys and spoiler (There're some multicoloured body parts missing too!).

Once again, congrats Max. Amazing price too.
Old 30th October 2008, 14:53   #21
Senior - BHPian

Needs new wheels, tyres & a set of badges Joe! Other than that, looks good!

And Zak, you're dead!
Old 30th October 2008, 15:05   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Max!
Looks well maintained except for the badges. Lucky to get such a car in delhi.
When are u upgrading the wheels?
Old 30th October 2008, 15:25   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the great buy, Joe! So 2 years is too long to be without wheels, eh?
Old 30th October 2008, 20:17   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Dhanno! You've got a follower here.
The pictures just reminds me of Dhanno! Only things left out are the alloys and spoiler (There're some multicoloured body parts missing too!).
Once again, congrats Max. Amazing price too.
Black alloys are on the way ! 195 section tyres
Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Needs new wheels, tyres & a set of badges Joe! Other than that, looks good!
And Zak, you're dead!
Badges are fake ones , I will be getting new ones (Type R )
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Congrats Max!
Looks well maintained except for the badges. Lucky to get such a car in delhi.
When are u upgrading the wheels?
Yes , Am indeed a bit lucky for it. Delhi is a bad place for car lovers coz you will see even the best cars maintained in the worst way you can dream of. Today I saw a new Accord in a bad shape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Congrats on the great buy, Joe! So 2 years is too long to be without wheels, eh?
2 years ? I'll die before that.Anyway its really fun driving it.
Old 1st November 2008, 11:17   #25
Senior - BHPian

Mini Service

;Two days back , air conditioner started acting funny. It was perfect till then but all of a sudden its not cooling at all . The funny part was the engine was getting the load as the RPM was raising by around 500 while AC was switched on during idle . I was thinking either the gas is empty or there is a leak in the cooling coil (8K Kapush !) . Since the cooling went off all of a sudden I knew it had to be the latter.
Anyway I decided to pay a visit to Nakasha Honda in Noida. Here is my experience.
First call

Maxbhp : "Hello , Good evening . I would like to bring my car for a small checkup regarding the AC. Am on my way to a trip . Can you please do a quick check up ?"

Reciever : " Good evening sir , Yes we can do it "

This gave me a bit of confidence , I mean atleast I can take the car out the day itself if they give me a big estimate for the repair. .

When I reached the showroom I was immediately impressed by the neat workshop bay . It was spacious , clean and very orderly. I loved it . I got in touch with the workshop manager and then explained the whole thing but sadly he wasn't willing to listen to what I think the trouble was . That was a bad part coz thats something they should never do ,atleast to make the customer feel that he is being listened .

The car was then taken to the workshop were a mechanic was called upon . The guy came in and said everything has to be removed and it will take nearly 5 hours . I was disappointed as I was hoping for some quick corrective job . Then It dawned upon me that maybe there can be something wrong with the electrical side so I asked him to check all the relays connected to the AC . It was traced to a faulty Relay switch which costed me 1400 bucks and a job cost of 300 bucks. The total came to exactly 1700 bucks.

I am impressed by the service and I will make sure that from now on its only HONDA that'll touch my Honda [==[

Last edited by maxbhp : 1st November 2008 at 11:32.
Old 1st November 2008, 19:46   #26
BHPian

Hey Max, that was a great buy pal. And a superb engine under that hood with 100 horses huh !! its nowhere even near the esteem. Congrats on the buy pal. And nice price too !!
Old 2nd November 2008, 15:17   #27
Senior - BHPian

Great by dude.congrats!!!
check your battery as well,being 8y old it may go kaput at any time.its just FYI.
Old 2nd November 2008, 16:01   #28
BHPian

Joe, my friend... what a great find and that too for a killer price. Welcome to the OHC fans club. It sure must feel good to have a Mitsubishi and a Honda in the garage (though in different cities).

Car looks pretty well maintained for the age. It looks as good as my 5.5 year old City. Congrats, I see you have the proper mods (alloys & tyre, etc) lined up, enjoy her to the max!
Old 2nd November 2008, 18:30   #29
Team-BHP Support

Congratz its a well maintained car indeed. Do get it serviced at Honda A.S.S once you drive her around for couple of 100 kms, you can note down any issues that needs to be addressed by then.

Check if its time/schedule for a major service 75-80k kms? (timing belt replacement etc), if so get it done now itself and enjoy a trouble free car.
Old 4th November 2008, 11:48   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
Hey Max, that was a great buy pal. And a superb engine under that hood with 100 horses huh !! its nowhere even near the esteem. Congrats on the buy pal. And nice price too !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Great by dude.congrats!!!
check your battery as well,being 8y old it may go kaput at any time.its just FYI.
Battery is not that a big problem for petrol cars as the starting current required for the motor is way less . It self starts without any sign of hiccups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
Joe, my friend... what a great find and that too for a killer price. Welcome to the OHC fans club. It sure must feel good to have a Mitsubishi and a Honda in the garage (though in different cities).

Car looks pretty well maintained for the age. It looks as good as my 5.5 year old City. Congrats, I see you have the proper mods (alloys & tyre, etc) lined up, enjoy her to the max!
Hello Silver ! , Well It indeed feels great to have two driver's car in the garage. Well am thinking of FFE + Miltek/Remus End can but lets see , Yes I definitely need tyres badly . Thanks sir for your wishes and my wishes are with you too sir.
But its nothing compared to your machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Congratz its a well maintained car indeed. Do get it serviced at Honda A.S.S once you drive her around for couple of 100 kms, you can note down any issues that needs to be addressed by then.

Check if its time/schedule for a major service 75-80k kms? (timing belt replacement etc), if so get it done now itself and enjoy a trouble free car.
Its major serivice at 80 K and the service will cost around 8K. Timing belt replacement for this car is around 100K but its a bit loose so the tension will be readjusted in the next service.
Hope its trouble free.. Am really liking the engine response of the car . Not that great in lower RPM's but amazing in higher RPM's though I feel Cedia is better @ Higher RPM's neverthless , am pretty satisfied by the buy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks