Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2008, 11:28   #46
Senior - BHPian

lionheart; nice combo . Looks great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaGsTerrr View Post
Hi greenhorn
Me working in technopark, and staying near karyavattom. What about you?
I would love to meet you guys. When are we having our next team meeting??

I have already planned my ICE setup. Sourced speakers and sub from abroad, alpine components and infinity sub. Will have to fix them next week when I go to cochin to meet my friends. End-effect is in my mind.
Nice choice of ICE and the place to it will be done at. Hope you have a nice HU in mind too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
me , jkdas and clevermax are @ technopark too
I see a red CRDI here every day , but it was wearing goodyear rubber metthinks, and was all done up with stickers. Is that one yours ?
Clever was with me today morning

And I guess we have two at Techo. One is maroon and the other one should be relatively new (1-2 month old),dont know the color.

Edit: make it three.

dRaGsTerrr: you know Basil?
Old 12th December 2008, 14:35   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
lionheart; nice combo . Looks great.

Nice choice of ICE and the place to it will be done at. Hope you have a nice HU in mind too.

And I guess we have two at Techo. One is maroon and the other one should be relatively new (1-2 month old),dont know the color.

Edit: make it three.

dRaGsTerrr: you know Basil?
I met Basil a few days back. He is now in my company, jumped from yours
He told about you and your new safari and promised we will meet you in a few days.

HU -- I haven't decided anything. Had Alpine iDA-X100 in mind, but someone told it is not as good as it seems to be, so I told my friend not to bring it from US. So probably I will have to settle for some pio HU or do you have any suggestions?

I am put up in chandragiri, and here we have two crdi's, one black my red. The black was bought by one of Basil's friend who works in your company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
me , jkdas and clevermax are @ technopark too
I see a red CRDI here every day , but it was wearing goodyear rubber metthinks, and was all done up with stickers. Is that one yours ?
I guess you are based in Nila, rite?
Hehe, I will never put stickers on my car. Even without putting any it is a head turner!! The only mod I have done is to change the tires to 195 Yoko's and alloys. Have'nt even put on tint or perfume.
Old 18th December 2008, 01:37   #48
BHPian

Ohhhh My Eyes Hurt , It's So Reddd

Nice Car buddy, saw it in Metal being opened up to install the ICE nice equipments that you have Selected except for the HU, But you will be replacing that right ? I really Wished to stay longer, just to see/hear how it came around. And was the Damping enough ?

Post the whole install pics,I Know you will because you were being a true bhpian and Carrying a Bazooka.
Old 19th December 2008, 16:03   #49
BHPian

Having the same headlight problem in my friend's Getz CRDi. Which headlights should be the best one? Please suggest.
Old 19th December 2008, 17:28   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
Having the same headlight problem in my friend's Getz CRDi. Which headlights should be the best one? Please suggest.
Best and cost effective option is to upgrade to 90/100W bulbs (I recommend GE) along with wiring and relay. I have upgraded same in my Getz and very happy with the lighting.
Old 19th December 2008, 17:55   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Best and cost effective option is to upgrade to 90/100W bulbs (I recommend GE) along with wiring and relay. I have upgraded same in my Getz and very happy with the lighting.
thanx for the suggesion mate. How much was the cost
Old 19th December 2008, 18:03   #52
Senior - BHPian

nah, I'm at Tejaswini. I think clevermax is stationed at chandragiri too
Old 19th December 2008, 19:46   #53
BHPian

How are the 100/90 Flossers Doing ? Heard the Type R sounded A little Harsh, How do you like It ? A review is long overdue.
Old 19th December 2008, 19:55   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
So , you have installed 100/90 bulbs. Good. How much did it cost?
Old 19th December 2008, 23:35   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
Nice Car buddy, saw it in Metal being opened up to install the ICE nice equipments that you have Selected except for the HU, But you will be replacing that right ? I really Wished to stay longer, just to see/hear how it came around. And was the Damping enough ?

Post the whole install pics,I Know you will because you were being a true bhpian and Carrying a Bazooka.
Thanks man
The HU is temporary, will be replacing that next weekend. Damping was
more than enough for that kind of install, and the material was pretty good. I think it makes more sense to discuss about the install in the proper forum, so I will post the pics soon in ICE section.

Anyway I really enjoyed the talk we had there, and was really excited to meet another team-bhp'ian. I had a totally different picture of you in my mind(maybe it is because of your ambi ;-) ). Me too wished you were there while the install was finished, I left at around 11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
How are the 100/90 Flossers Doing ? Heard the Type R sounded A little Harsh, How do you like It ? A review is long overdue.
The Flossers 100/90W are a perfect upgrade from the stock ones. The visibility has been increased at least by 75%, and the blue color is really cool.
At 900 Rs, I am more than satisfied with the flossers. I wished they had the H3 size also, as I have to change the foglamp bulbs too, but sadly they didn't had the H3 size ones. So now I am having blue headlights and yellow'ish foglamps, which looks really bad at night.
Sorry for the late reply guys, I was in the middle of punnamada on a floating house along with my friends for the last 24 hours, so couldn't write a review Will do that soon.

The Type R's did sound a bit harsh initially, but after proper tuning it is the best sound I have ever heard after the bose noise cancellation head phones. I know it can't be compared, but still.
I will write a full review in the ICE section about this.
Old 20th December 2008, 07:39   #56
Senior - BHPian

Can you post the pics of the Head lights ?
Old 20th December 2008, 11:26   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
Can you post the pics of the Head lights ?
Yes I can. Will take the pics tonight and upload.

I have one question for the Getz owners. Can someone please check the driver side OVRM and let me know whether it is a convex mirror or a plain mirror?.

Only a few days back I noticed that the driver side mirror is a plain one and no warning quoted on it (objects in the mirror something) while the passenger side one is a convex one and does have the wordings. I doubt Hyundai service have replaced the original with a duplicate.
Old 20th December 2008, 15:09   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Only a few days back I noticed that the driver side mirror is a plain one and no warning quoted on it (objects in the mirror something) while the passenger side one is a convex one and does have the wordings. I doubt Hyundai service have replaced the original with a duplicate.
I think all Getz CRDi RHS mirror are like that.
Old 20th December 2008, 23:03   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
I think all Getz CRDi RHS mirror are like that.
i remember when Ishaan said Hyundai duped you by putting a fake one on the LHS. Because the quality of the LHS reflector was terrible.

Its a shame Hyundai had to go down to an inferior quality reflector for the LHS ORVM as part of cost cutting.
Old 21st December 2008, 09:28   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes I can. Will take the pics tonight and upload.

I have one question for the Getz owners. Can someone please check the driver side OVRM and let me know whether it is a convex mirror or a plain mirror?.

On the RHS the Mirror is the plain one. On the LHS , its the convex. Its the same with all Getz Prime Models.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks