Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2008, 00:05   #16
Team-BHP Support

nice review. but how did you figure out the engine is rev happy if youve only kept it under 2500rpm?
Old 9th November 2008, 00:16   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
nice review. but how did you figure out the engine is rev happy if youve only kept it under 2500rpm?
LoL...

Well two things,
1. Took 2 TD's of the 1.6S testdrive car prior to buying one. Had full liberties to test the vehicle the way I wanted.
2. The way the new one revs to 2500rpm, I did take the vehicle to a max of 3000rpm once in a while (you can get carried away with the pull).
Old 9th November 2008, 09:37   #18
Senior - BHPian

Ford Fiesta is one good car. I expect its sales to pick up along with those of the SX4 now that the ANHC has been launched and priced significantly higher. Ford can learn from MSIL who had initilly provided the Swift ZXI with onlt 4 alloy wheels , with the spare being a smaller service wheel. Though this may bea norm abroad,it was not appreciated by the car buyers. MSIL has since then switched to 5 alloys in Swift, Dzire and the SX4. One example of MSIL being sensitive to the demands of the Indian customer.
Old 9th November 2008, 09:39   #19
Team-BHP Support

@AE : Time to update this thread with the pics of your new car. Post-registration and handover pics.
Old 9th November 2008, 10:04   #20
BHPian

Not having an additional alloy for the spare is a nuisance in a new car, as you want to do 5-tyre rotation and willneed to dismount/mount the tyre every 5000 km.
If you were to get alloys on first tyre change it's different, since you can buy only 4 new tyres and alloys, keep the best of the old tyre on the old wheel as spare, and do only 4-tyre rotation.
Old 9th November 2008, 12:03   #21
BHPian

Congrats!

My heartfelt congratulations, authoenthusiast, for living up to your username!

Its a stunning looking colour on a car with perhaps the best facelift i've seen in the Indian market so far.

Know how I broke in my dad's Ikon Sxi 1.6? Drove it at 120kmph (I think this was around 3300 rpm in 5th gear) in the Pune-Mumbai expressway until a Scorpio (of all things!) went past. I wasn't too happy about that and so I dug into the accelerator - pedal to metal. Nothing really happened for around 15 full minutes (Yes, fifteen!). And then, as if the engine were unshackled, it lurched past violently. Touched 190kmph in the indicator as I was nearing Pune. There was a frying smell in the cabin and my dad and driver freaked out.

Its still running very very well though, a full 5 years and countless interstate trips later. cheers:

So, man, damn the 2500rpm running in and have a blast!
Old 11th November 2008, 17:46   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
My heartfelt congratulations, authoenthusiast, for living up to your username!

Its a stunning looking colour on a car with perhaps the best facelift i've seen in the Indian market so far.

Know how I broke in my dad's Ikon Sxi 1.6? Drove it at 120kmph (I think this was around 3300 rpm in 5th gear) in the Pune-Mumbai expressway until a Scorpio (of all things!) went past. I wasn't too happy about that and so I dug into the accelerator - pedal to metal. Nothing really happened for around 15 full minutes (Yes, fifteen!). And then, as if the engine were unshackled, it lurched past violently. Touched 190kmph in the indicator as I was nearing Pune. There was a frying smell in the cabin and my dad and driver freaked out.

Its still running very very well though, a full 5 years and countless interstate trips later. cheers:

So, man, damn the 2500rpm running in and have a blast!
Jeez mate, that's some way to run-in a car. I bet everyone in the car must have freaked out (including you ). Did you guys finally find out what the frying smell was from ? I'm sure you could have fried an egg on your bonnet. After that kind of an intense running-in how's your vehicle now ? and what's your total mileage till date on that engine ? (Ford Duratec engines have been known to be extremely tough, or rock solid).

Well I did quite a bit of highway driving today (Just decided to go out in the afternoon and burn the fuel). Drove on the GQ, kept the speeds between 80 - 100 in 5th (approx 2700 - 3000 rpm). The car handles amazingly well.

I was pretty surprised about one thing though, on Sunday when I drove on the highway at around 80 - 90 kmph the Goodyears were very noisy, today they seemed to have been extremely silent. I wonder if that's due to the mileage (450km+) the tyres have clocked by now, or it's due to the road. But even on the city roads the tyres seem to be more silent now, then when I first got the car. Shall try it on the same highway that I drove on Sunday and see if it's different.
Old 11th November 2008, 17:54   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
Jeez mate, that's some way to run-in a car. I bet everyone in the car must have freaked out (including you ). Did you guys finally find out what the frying smell was from ? I'm sure you could have fried an egg on your bonnet. After that kind of an intense running-in how's your vehicle now ? and what's your total mileage till date on that engine ? (Ford Duratec engines have been known to be extremely tough, or rock solid).

Well I did quite a bit of highway driving today (Just decided to go out in the afternoon and burn the fuel). Drove on the GQ, kept the speeds between 80 - 100 in 5th (approx 2700 - 3000 rpm). The car handles amazingly well.

I was pretty surprised about one thing though, on Sunday when I drove on the highway at around 80 - 90 kmph the Goodyears were very noisy, today they seemed to have been extremely silent. I wonder if that's due to the mileage (450km+) the tyres have clocked by now, or it's due to the road. But even on the city roads the tyres seem to be more silent now, then when I first got the car. Shall try it on the same highway that I drove on Sunday and see if it's different.
Hey Glenn my S clocked 1000kms.Unfortunately i am having fever.I waiting to rip her.
Goodyear Eagle NCT-5 is not a bad tyre.In my car it doest make any noise.
Old 11th November 2008, 19:30   #24
BHPian

Congrats autoenthusiast!!! I know you will love this car!!

Quote:
4. Dashboard is pretty good, but unfortunately I couldn't find a flat area to keep the facial tissue box.
5. Would have loved it if there were under seat storage trays.
Me too found it difficult to find a place for the tissues, right now i'm keeping them on the door, after a while you wont find any place at all on this car. i'm lucky to have some storage space from the seatcovers.

Quote:
Accessories / Additions planned at the moment:
1. Autocop Cobra alarm system. This is one designed primarily for the Fiesta, and is a direct fit in. The same Ford remote control works along with this alarm.
- This includes a siren/alarm with indicator flash/siren for Door/Hood/Bonnet intruder alerts.
- Ultrasonic sensors for "intruder window breakage". Can be disabled if not required.
- Existing Fiesta remote operates the alarm. Darn convenient.
I never knew about this, are you getting them at the ford dealer itself? I would love to have this.
Old 11th November 2008, 19:38   #25
BHPian

Awesome Congrats Glenn!! So all our calls discussing ANHC vs Fiesta S bore fruit - finally you have the beast - lets hope the run-in period ends asap cheers:

I had one question - why didnt you do the alloy swap at the dealers itself and get bigger tires and larger alloys - like 205s or 215s on 17" with a 40/45 profile. Also is the pcd a standard 100 (4 nuts) or like the hard to find fiat 98 (4 nuts)
Old 11th November 2008, 19:46   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
Awesome Congrats Glenn!! So all our calls discussing ANHC vs Fiesta S bore fruit - finally you have the beast - lets hope the run-in period ends asap cheers:

I had one question - why didnt you do the alloy swap at the dealers itself and get bigger tires and larger alloys - like 205s or 215s on 17" with a 40/45 profile. Also is the pcd a standard 100 (4 nuts) or like the hard to find fiat 98 (4 nuts)
I think Fiesta is 108 pcd (4 nuts).205 will be ok but 215 is too much for this car.I think 195/55/R 15 is more than enough for Fiesta S.IMO max can go for 205/55/R 15.Already this car handles awesome.
Glenn if you want go for Bilstein suspension.
Old 11th November 2008, 20:23   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
I think Fiesta is 108 pcd (4 nuts).205 will be ok but 215 is too much for this car.I think 195/55/R 15 is more than enough for Fiesta S.IMO max can go for 205/55/R 15.Already this car handles awesome.
As per my calculations the correct upsize from 195/55/15 is 205/45/17 or 215/40/17. I don't think 16" alloys are that common, but you could look at 215/45/16 or 205/50/16. And lastly if you want to stick to 15" alloys itself - then its 205/55/15 or 215/50/15.
I would say no suspension mods till maybe a year down the line. That way you notice the difference between stock and mods
Old 11th November 2008, 20:31   #28
BHPian

Quote:
As per my calculations the correct upsize from 195/55/15 is 205/45/17 or 215/40/17. I don't think 16" alloys are that common, but you could look at 215/45/16 or 205/50/16. And lastly if you want to stick to 15" alloys itself - then its 205/55/15 or 215/50/15.
I would say no suspension mods till maybe a year down the line. That way you notice the difference between stock and mods
Jassi 17" is too much.It looks good on the car but ride will be a big "?".
Old 11th November 2008, 21:02   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Jassi 17" is too much.It looks good on the car but ride will be a big "?".
In my opinion a 45 profile may cause ride issues, but a 50 profile should be just fine. In which case the 205/50/16 or 215/50/15 would be great !! I somehow would wanna up the inches if i am getting new alloys thats just me and I haven't yet taken a decision on the new car (fiesta s is tempting!!)
Old 11th November 2008, 21:54   #30
BHPian

Quote:

I had one question - why didnt you do the alloy swap at the dealers itself and get bigger tires and larger alloys
Hey Jatin, thanks mate. Well didn't change the alloys to a larger size for the below reasons.
1. I felt the existing 15" alloys were quite appropriate for the size of the car, larger alloys 16" / 17" would IMHO definite affect the ride quality. The 1.6S already has a slightly stiffer suspension compared to the other models in the Fiesta.
2. Warranty ? I doubt the warranty would be effective by using non-OEM alloys. Ford only has options of 14" / 15" for the Fiesta, that too I believe they don't encourage the 15" alloys from the sport in the regular SXI and I did remember someone else stating that Ford told him that his warranty would be void if he does that. I did take a 4 year warranty package and would want it to hold good.

Quote:
Cheers mate, would love to feel the handling on your car on a race track once you do that.

Also is a Pete's ECU remap gonna end up in your car ? (Close proximty to Pete's might rub off on you ) Jeez imagine what the extra horses can do.

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd November 2008 at 21:40.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks