Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2008, 20:34   #1
BHPian

My First own...Ford Ikon TDCi

Lads,

I'm getting it! Hopefully, tomorrow I'm getting delivery of my car.
Had been to the showroom last Sunday and had been for a TD. I liked the car albeit some minor good to have features that I can live without.

I suppose, I'd be the first to own one in Bangalore Roads.

Getting a Morello color (Dark Violet, I suppose...pardon my ignorance if at all).

Got work, but thats ok. They're getting it registered with a number of my choice and will have it sparkling squeaky clean by 6 ish when I head there to collect it.

I hear mine was the first booking with the entire amount paid. Had taken a loan from AXIS bank and got approved within 2 days.

My observations from the TD was quite similar to our other co-members.
Was disappointed without the tubeless tires though.
I was given to understand that if we upsize the tires, we might loose the warranty, true?
The Torque and the power level seemed much more than the Fiesta ZXi that i test drove too, though I'm not entierly sure. It could be because I was way too excited to be owning one this soon since I was planning on buying an pre-owned one.

The got their first stock of vehicles on Saturday night, and mine was in that lot. I had been there for inspecting the car, and i found the lone ranger in the yard which was just 5 mins by walk from Lathangi Ford (Bannerghatta Road).

Not taking any accessories from the showroom, however, had been to Torque @ Jeevan Bheema Nagar to get some details of the audio configuration and other accessories.

I'd not be planting the alloys for now as the current accessories bill has touched 50K.
Audio system:
Pioneer HU - 5090
Front - Component - Polk Audio 5 1/4 DB Series
Rear - 6 X 7 - Co-axial - DB Series
Sub - 12" Polk Audio
Amp 1 - Sound Stream to power the Sub & the fronts
Amp 2 - Sony 222 to power the rear co-axials

Security System:
Nippon

Sun films - Llumar

Upholstry - G Sports - Art Leather - Black & Beige combination (as the interiors are beige)

Rear spoilers - with some fancy brake lights it seems

The above for about 50K excluding the spoiler (5K)

I hope to take the day off on Tuesday to juice her up with everything except upholstry as the guys claim, it would be done only the next day. First day to take the measurements and the second day to fit them after stitching.

I know this might not have been the best choice, but give the value for money and the car (Have owned a 1.8D Ikon for 5 years and a new Fiesta EXi into the family 10 days back, I am a true ford loyal customer), I thought this is ideal and purely my likeing for the car, I decided to take the plunge.

The sales men were extremely supportive and helpful, hope this is the beginning of a new chapter...

More to follow soon...

- M
Old 16th November 2008, 20:43   #2
BHPian

Congrats !!
Looking forward to hearing the very FIR !! And ofcourse pics too..
Old 16th November 2008, 20:47   #3
BHPian

Gracias Senor...shall keep the updates flowing...
Old 16th November 2008, 20:53   #4
BHPian

Heartiest congratulations Roadwarrior, very nice to see that you are a true loyal Ford customer having three Ford's in the family.
As the saying goes "once a Ford, always a Ford".
Please post some pics of the car whenever time permits and good choice of color
Old 16th November 2008, 20:54   #5
BHPian

hi Warrior : Congrats for the vehicle. first one (new ikon) on teambhp too. Whats the onroad price ?? Wish you a very happy vehicle ownership. enjoy cheers:.
Old 16th November 2008, 20:55   #6

Congrats!! What was the EMI per lakh offered by Axis?
Old 16th November 2008, 20:57   #7
BHPian

Congrats man!
Put some pictures once u got her..
Old 16th November 2008, 20:58   #8
BHPian

Thanks fellas.

OTRP - 6,06,000.

Got a 10K corporate discount...seems my company is a A listed company (was good to know...i had no clue about that!!!)

I'll need all your help with the ICE setup and if it is a good combination also if the price seems right.

If anyone knows of any better dealer with good pricing and service, please advice...

Thanks
Old 16th November 2008, 20:58   #9
Team-BHP Support

@roadwarrior : Congrats!! Looks like you beat another already decided member to becoming the first one on the forum.

Morello is a good choice. Shall await the pics.

As for your question on whether warranty would be void if tyres are upsized, it wont so long as you stick to 14"ers. I had clarified that from the service advisor at Lathangi Ford.

In the 5 years that you owned the 1.8D, it didnt give you any problems?

Please do put up a whole lot of pics without being miserly on that front - both exteriors as well as interiors with the G sport seat covers.. Shall wait for you first ownership experiences as well.

EDIT : Did you opt for Extended Warranty? If yes, whats the price as well as tenure. Any freebies offerred with the car?

Last edited by benbsb29 : 16th November 2008 at 21:00.
Old 16th November 2008, 21:24   #10
BHPian

Congrats roadwarrior! Specially for being the first one to take delivery. I can see you are quick in your decisions, even decided on first lot of accessories. Keep the thread updated with posts on your ride.
Old 16th November 2008, 22:20   #11
Senior - BHPian

Hey dude , congrats
Try audio from Blueraven also ( store name - evo )
Have heard he's pretty good
Old 16th November 2008, 22:24   #12
rippergeo

This is the 1st common rail engined ford ikon on the forum and you guys are talking about the ICE????!!!!

Old 16th November 2008, 22:26   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
OTRP - 6,06,000.

Got a 10K corporate discount...seems my company is a A listed company (was good to know...i had no clue about that!!!)
I had mentioned this fact in the test drive and initial reviews thread. Apparently this is not a seasonal offer, but available through the year.
Old 16th November 2008, 23:10   #14
BHPian

Good to see the comments flowing...

Come on man (benbsb), let me enjoy the feel good factor of enjoying the corporate discount believing that it is exclusive...

@Sid_myer: Can't quite do the math now on the per lakh EMI, but i'm paying around 10,180 for 4,45,000 loan.

Small change in place lads, I doubt if I'd be able to for the ICE configuration I had mentioned earlier. Some funds that were to come through got stuck
I'll have to make do with a smaller configuration which upgradable later.

But the Sun Film, Upholstry, Security and a small audio setup is definitely on.

@Ben: Trust me, I ain't gonna be miser with the pictures... Flickr: Me, who?'s Photostream should be proof enough ;-)
I haven't opted for the extended warranty for now. I am told by the friendly Sales Manager that I could opt for that at a later date if required and not to go for everything right away...seems like a trustworthy person and I took his word at face value...

@PathFinder: Trying to get all done at one shot mate, the excitement is kinda hard to contain

"May the force be with you..."
Old 16th November 2008, 23:19   #15
Team-BHP Support

Congrats buddy.
- I am also curious about the extended warranty, so please do let us know.

- Regarding accessories, are you getting everything at one place ? Ask him for individual prices of all components and post it here (especially the ICE). Chances are that he is making a decent profit on everything in a package deal.
And since you are in Bangalore, you can get in touch with Sathya for ICE installation and other accessories. He is spoken highly of in this forum.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks