Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2008, 15:58   #46
BHPian

The mileage is approx 17kmpl for the car with AC, the car has now run close to 500kms, will be performing a proper mileage test on the car with the permission of the guys at RACE dynamics, I paid about 4.4.2lks for the VXi variant without ABS.
Old 9th December 2008, 17:17   #47
BANNED

Congrats Memo, your car is looking good!
So, FE as claimed by Maruti is almost right.
How's the ride quality of the car?
Old 9th December 2008, 18:01   #48
BHPian

Congrats Memo on your new car. I love the FE, which you have got..
Old 9th December 2008, 20:43   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by memo45_m View Post
The mileage is approx 17kmpl for the car with AC, the car has now run close to 500kms, will be performing a proper mileage test on the car with the permission of the guys at RACE dynamics, I paid about 4.4.2lks for the VXi variant without ABS.
wow! THats even a better mileage than my Alto!!! I only get about 15 with AC
Old 10th December 2008, 09:09   #50
Senior - BHPian

mileage figure looks impressive (as MSIL promised), we can expect 19-20 figure after first service.
Old 10th December 2008, 12:05   #51
VBV
BHPian

hi memo, Congrats on your new car. Hope you have a safe and pleasant experience with it. Can we have some pics of the boot and the interiors please? If you can put in a reference object, like say a 1-litre water bottle for us to get the idea of the size of the boot, it will be great. People at t-BHP find it very difficult to trust non-TBHP photos and hence the request :-)
Old 10th December 2008, 19:51   #52
BHPian

Congratulations on your new car.

Wanted to ask. How is the performance of the Music System of the A Star. Its Pros & Cons. Do we need to change the speakers (In the VXi there are only 3 speakers) or can carry on with the current speakers.
Old 10th December 2008, 23:40   #53
BHPian

Thanks once again guys, The mileage is as expected as claimed, only as long as you stick to the way Maruti claims 10kmph-1st gear, 20kmph-2ed gear, 30kmph-4th gear, and 50-60kmph-5th gear.

As of boot space I find it sufficient without the parcel tray, I could move most of the stuff I had in my Sx4 before I dropped it off for service.

And as for interior space it is actually quite comfortable in the front but will get quite tight for even four, as long as the ones in the front are tall, but in my case both my parents are short so I have no issues with sitting in the back seat when either mom or dad are driving.

Performance wise it is a nice city car, especially in a city like Bangalore I now prefer driving the A* over the SX4 as its easy to get around. But again I am not even getting any where close to comparing both.

The red backlight on the speedo and the rest of the Dash can come times be a Sore to the eye, but atleast Maruti has thought of a color better that the ugly green.

The AC has very quick cooling and reminds me of the days with my baleno.

Suspension is really nice for the small car, it does not throw you around like the rest of the hatch's do, Even before anyone asks yes i have owned a getz, santro, i10, indica, palio, m800, alto, waganR, zen(type 2, estilo), matiz and a swift.

The audio system is pretty decent for OE, WMA/MP3 ACD and an AUX for ipod or other mp3 players but it is an integrated system, again its better to ugrade the spakers, the VXi comes with only 2 front door speakers.

Last edited by memo45_m : 10th December 2008 at 23:42. Reason: corrections
Old 11th December 2008, 01:10   #54
Senior - BHPian

exactly these were my sentiments memo when I took the test drive. Nice car that delivers what it promises.
Have a happy time with this baby sx4
Old 11th December 2008, 10:40   #55
BHPian

Hi memo,

what do you say about A-star build quality on par with Swift or better?
Also, A* being a 3 cylinder engine might be hard to tune, i.e to reduce engine noise. After your purchase did the engine noise increase?

have a good day.
Old 11th December 2008, 11:02   #56
BHPian

Congratulations mate on the buy ! Why "tiffin box" dost .......
I read some where its called Post Box on Wheels with little windows
Old 11th December 2008, 11:06   #57
BHPian

not for tall people

Its a nice car, but a bit tight if you all are tall. Couldnt seat me and my 3 friends properly, the driver always needs a bit more space and the guy sitting directly behind gets squeezed
Old 11th December 2008, 11:48   #58
BHPian

A friend informed me that the waiting period at Automotive, Navi Mumbai is 1 month for the A*, where he has done his booking.
Old 11th December 2008, 21:27   #59
BHPian

Thanks once again guys, like I have already posted the build quality is by far better than both the SX4 and the swift, as only Suzuki India is building the car for the world.

Called "the tiffin box" as that's the name my dad gave it as soon as I took delivery of the car and took it home.

I have no clue about the waiting time and delivery time, as I was informed from RNS that the A* was in for the launch and if I was interested in one and I booked the car even without looking at it or test driving it. The first test-drive I did was on my very own car for both the A* and the SX4.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks