Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2008, 18:20   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
Ariendj, what is the minimum kind of mileage you'd want ? with spirited driving on the 1.6S (Shod with the 195/55R15 footwear) I still manage to get a minimum of 10.2kmpl in city. If a minimum of 10Kmpl fits your purse, go right on ahead and put the above size, it does wonders for the car handling.
the problem is im a tight in budget to get all new tyres but i want to get alloys to my OE tyres.and im guessing R14 alloys wouldn't fit R15 ones later if i plan to upgrade just the tyres!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
congratulations ariendj for your new purchase. The 1.6 engine is refined and powerful and has and extremely addictive growl at high rpms. My advice is that take it easily during the initial stages of your driving snd dont get carried away by pick up and power. The proper breaking-in of the engine is very important in long run
enjoy your car and wishing you and your car many many miles of happiness
thanks for the wishes!!
Old 13th December 2008, 22:37   #32
BHPian

how many bolts are available(4 or 5 )that can be used to fit an alloy in the fiesta??
Old 15th December 2008, 09:00   #33
BANNED

congrats on the new car, you can go with the given speakers for now and think of upgrade later.
Old 16th December 2008, 18:40   #34
BHPian

i got a call from ford saying that the car is on the way and the transit was delayed due to some reasons which im not sure of.
hoping to get it before christmas day!!
i have all the accessories ready but seems i just get to see them like that till next week
Old 16th December 2008, 20:25   #35
Senior - BHPian

I wanted to clear your funda of tyre upsizing since I feel it would greatly improve the handling and looks for your car:

Firstly since you are going to keep the basic tyre diameter same, when you upsize to 15 inches, you would of course have to lower the aspect ratio.

For eg. 165/80/14 = 185/70/14 = 195/60/15 any good tyre size calc on internet should help you calculate the right size . The aspect ratio goes down but the tyre width increases. If both tyres are 195 but one is 15 inches and the other is 14 inches, both would gave same FE. FE is governed by the contact patch. More contact patch, more rolling resistance, better braking and marginally low FE. No one can say a 10% drop between 175 and 195 tyres. Thats too generalized and not neccesarily true. You'd probably see a marginal drop in FE say 0.5 km (again this is an assumption). But dont be let down by FE figures. Fiesta S sports 15 rubber by default.
The handling of car greatly improves, braking, cornering, and looks. I say go 15 inches and do justice to the car. Dont be guided by marginal figures spcly as your drive is very low. Lastly change tyres ASAP on delivery, you would get good price for them. If you decide to change them later you wont get good price and that may force you to stick with 14 inch wheels as opposed to 15 inches.

The wait for your car can be bothersome, but since you have gone with Ford, its good to get used to after sales
Old 23rd December 2008, 14:36   #36
BHPian

the wait is almost over..the car has reached the showroom.il be going to there to do the PDI tomorrow and will pay for the paprika.and after temporary registration,il get it on friday morning.(since thursday is a day-off)
cheers:
Old 23rd December 2008, 15:37   #37
BHPian

My friend too is getting his white ZXi in about two hours from now. He paid 6.5 lacs for it which is less that what I paid for my EXi 19 months back

Great car. Amazing deal. Thanks to the recession. Customers are having the last laugh.
Old 24th December 2008, 13:09   #38
BHPian

had the visit to the showroom as planned.had given the full cash and now temporary registration is under way.will get delivery on 26 dec at 11 am.
i did a PDI and found just one complaint.the car had 89 kms clocked on the odo.is that ok or should it be less than 50 kms!!

ps: didnt take pics on purpose cause it was all dusty and had was just taken for a whole body wash!!
Old 27th December 2008, 18:16   #39
BHPian

the paprika 1.6 is finally here.had a gruelling never ending trip to the showroom and then on,it was heaven.the dealer and all the staff were happy and coperative.gave a nice idea about the whole car and how it works.
i find it quite difficuilt to digest teh whole fact of jumping from a M800 to somthing of this.even the simple things of position of the wiper syste lever and headlight lever situated in oppsite sides of many cars.
anyways did take few pics and wil update them now on.
btw,did upsize the tires and added alloys too.
ICE was my choice and now its boom boom all the way.
il write the review soon..till then let the pics talk for themselves
Attached Thumbnails
The Paprika 1.6 -fiesta ZXi-fiesta.jpg  

Last edited by ariendj : 27th December 2008 at 18:21.
Old 27th December 2008, 18:52   #40
BHPian

Congrats!! buddy on the new purchase.Paprika Red is a very good colour incase you buy a Ford car.Maintain it well and you will appreciate this colour for a long time.

The alloys look awesome on your ride.

What make are they??
Old 27th December 2008, 20:57   #41
Team-BHP Support

Ariendj, that color looks great on the Fiesta! Get a spoiler, and tints to complete the look.
Old 27th December 2008, 22:36   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen91 View Post

What make are they??
thanks for the compliments,the alloys are plati

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Ariendj, that color looks great on the Fiesta! Get a spoiler, and tints to complete the look.
thanks man,ya im planning to get the tints on once it gets the permanant registration cause i heard that the RTO could ask for a fine if he sees tints!!
and about the spoiler,im getting custom made ones just like the fiesta S type as the company accessory spoilers are exhorbantly priced and designed not to my liking!!
Old 18th January 2009, 16:59   #43
BHPian

hey fellas...i know its been long since i came in to write about the new ownership.
as mentioned earlier,i got my paprika on 26 dec and the sailing since then was slow and smooth.im just loving the whole setup.

Final Verdict
i had gone over many cars and many segements to reach to thsi decision.
SX4,verna,ANHC,dzire,new ikon and even swift was all on my agenda including the fiesta.
im sharing my opinions and how i came to this buy (no hard feelings to anyone)

SX4-nice car,VFM and nicely equipped but the bits from swift dissapointed me a little along with the high raised boot and A pillar issues and also the car felt bigger outside when i sat in and which made me feel a little uncomfy.

Verna-a chick car but not to my tastes.its looks wasnt in my favorite deparment. and driving wasnt great as compared to rest.

dzire-the boot was a little inappropriate but it was VFM.i would have blindly gone for the diesel even if my running was meager cause it rocks but then they stopped taking bookings for it!!!

swift- i changed the whole idea after moving a segment above after forgetting about this hot hatch when i heard the waiting was 8 months!!!!
new ikon- nice car but i expected a lot more new in a 'NEW' car.somehow the front looks a little older in the tooth than before and has lost its sporty feeling!!

ANHC- no one could go wrong with this babe but then she is too expensive and not as fun as the ford.she might have more power and style but that didn't let me go loose in thoughts.and moreover the closest honda dealer i had was a cool 125 kms away which would give me nightmares when service periods closes in.

fiesta-the 10 day mega discount in mid of dec 08 did get a hold on me by surprise.i had my seconds looks and opinions but had to make a quick decision as the offer was too good to anyone.

im sure this post has got much in length already and so il write in later about in details about my sway for this ford in respect to looks performance and the rest.
Old 19th January 2009, 03:19   #44
BHPian

Nice picture. The alloys look good. How much did it cost you along with the upsize?

Please do post about your ownership experience.
Old 19th January 2009, 10:45   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_NP View Post
Nice picture. The alloys look good. How much did it cost you along with the upsize?

Please do post about your ownership experience.
thanks..the alloys are plati and upsized the tyres to XM1+ (185/65 R14).
the costs are as follows:
alloys:14k
hyper silver bolts(16):1200
tyres(4) :15.2k
exchange old tyres(4):8000
got dicounts and the total came to 22k

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks