Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2008, 10:28   #16
BHPian

vista looks best in black.all you need now is to swap to nice alloys
i have black vista and i have changed to chrome alloys you can check it out in my bhp garage or in my vista thread
Old 22nd December 2008, 10:34   #17
BHPian

aha! congrats on getting the first Safire in this forum and possibly in your city too! unlike the picture the tech specs and its weight protray, i found it quite capable in city for sedate driving.
Old 22nd December 2008, 10:47   #18
BHPian

congrats for your purchase...liked the humor in your review
lol you drove the car at the speed of 20 kph...that sure must have been quite a battle with other warriors on road honking like hell
Old 22nd December 2008, 12:23   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your purchase. Looks like you managed to get your horse to your castle safely. ;-)

The car is indeed a head turner, and from the way you've written about her, it looks like you've falled head over heels in love with that beauty. Take good care of her, and do post a more detailed review once you've driven her for a bit.

How is the quality of the plastics and the overall fit and finish of the car? I've heard thats its a tremendous improvement from the earlier Indica, but would like to know your opinion. Any cons at all apart from the slightly inadequate thigh cushioning?
Old 22nd December 2008, 12:34   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations for you horse WDB,
As someone rightly said, seems like bulk deliveries have started for the Vista. I suddenly see a spurt in their numbers, here and on roads too!!
Old 23rd December 2008, 19:32   #21
WDB
BHPian

Thank you all

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Hi. Let me be the first to congratulate you on your own first car!!!!

Looks a beauty. All those curves and appealling catty looks makes a sure candidate for a centerspread. ;-P

Did I miss it, or did you mention about the customary 5/10 L of free fuel?

And what accessories are you planning on? Do post more info about the accessories.
Since the model Aura is the top-end, i have not put in much except for the basic, i.e floor mates and seat cover. Undecided on the sun-films and also have exhausted my budget, though alloys are on the top of my next addition as it comes highly recommended on the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightpower View Post
Congrats WDB on the new Black Pony. Enjoy the ride. BTW what is the CARGO thingy on the pics?
Oh! that is the dealers label

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
great car sir! i love those headlamps...
please do add black sunfilm and some good mudflaps, how about black sparco?
the wheelcaps look a bit odd, planning to switch to alloys?
Sunfilm not sure, alloys yes but maybe later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Congrats on the purchase.
More pics of the interiors please.

By the way, is it the 1.4 diesel or the 1.3 Quadrajet?
Safire is the petrol version

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
Congrats, enjoy your ride for a long time to come! Nice description, I was a nervous wreck when I took my delivery too!

you have a real flair for writing!

Extremely curious...why didn't you drive for a decade?!
Simple, did not have a car to drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Congratulations on your purchase. Looks like you managed to get your horse to your castle safely. ;-)

The car is indeed a head turner, and from the way you've written about her, it looks like you've falled head over heels in love with that beauty. Take good care of her, and do post a more detailed review once you've driven her for a bit.

How is the quality of the plastics and the overall fit and finish of the car? I've heard thats its a tremendous improvement from the earlier Indica, but would like to know your opinion. Any cons at all apart from the slightly inadequate thigh cushioning?
Not sure how they are in compare with others for i have no expereince. But from other threads on the forum i guess not at par with others. However, for me they are fine, though there are few rough edges, which i felt could have been better.
Old 24th December 2008, 11:24   #22
BHPian

many congratulations WDB!
Old 29th December 2008, 14:14   #23
BHPian

How is Saffire compared to Stile 1.1?

@WDB. Have you test-driven Palio Stile 1.1? If yes, could you please elaborate your experience with Stile as compared to vista saffire. There is hardly any comparison in TBHP with respect to comparison between stile1.1 and saffire.
Old 29th December 2008, 17:20   #24
BHPian

Congrats WDB!!, I have never seen Vista in black and it looks really gorgeous. how much did it cost? I am planning hatchback for my wife.
Old 2nd January 2009, 10:49   #25
BHPian

Congrats WDB!! the Black colour looks absolutely Stunning.

How has your experience been with the car so far any initial glitches or issues?
How is the ICE that comes on Aura is it decent enough? Have you tried connecting Ipod or any other Aux device to the factory fitted ICE? How was the performance?
Does the Seat adjustment feature help in finding the correct driving posture? The reason I ask is in case these Two features (seat adjust and ICE) are not that worthwhile would consider going for the Aqua variant.
Old 3rd January 2009, 18:10   #26
BHPian

Congrats WDB on your black Vista. Hope you enjoy your ride to the fullest.Keep us posted on your experience.

I have a question for the gurus. Why do Tata's insist on smaller wheels for their petrols? Is price an issue/ differentiator here?
Old 3rd January 2009, 21:48   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt View Post
...I have a question for the gurus. Why do Tata's insist on smaller wheels for their petrols? Is price an issue/ differentiator here?...
Me no guru. But I think the reason is Fuel Efficiency

Bigger tyre = lower FE

Cheers,
Nitin
Old 4th January 2009, 12:29   #28
BHPian

Superbly written delivery experience! Congratulations on the Vista, WDB. Do spend some time reading up driver tips on the forum, as well as in understanding the behaviour of your new car. I wish you many years of motoring bliss.
Old 4th January 2009, 14:47   #29
WDB
BHPian

Thank you all

Am in process to gauge the milage during the drive-in period, hope to post an update on the FE in due course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
Congrats WDB!! the Black colour looks absolutely Stunning.

How has your experience been with the car so far any initial glitches or issues?
How is the ICE that comes on Aura is it decent enough? Have you tried connecting Ipod or any other Aux device to the factory fitted ICE? How was the performance?
Does the Seat adjustment feature help in finding the correct driving posture? The reason I ask is in case these Two features (seat adjust and ICE) are not that worthwhile would consider going for the Aqua variant.
Experience so far has been excellent. No issues so far, though i have observed a sort of a low squeaky sound on applying the brake from the break padel. Apart from this no issue at all.

ICE is decent enough. Sorry, have not tried connecting any Aux.

Well i neither use the seat height nor steering tilt adjustment as i find the original setting suited to my style of driving. Did experiment with it though, but turned back to the original setting as it was more comfertable.

I would however recomend the Aura as it has many minor enhancement apart from the Dual tone interiors, 60:40 back seats, that would alter your expereince. Also i guess a tilt steering and height adjustment could come handy if someone apart from you might need it to drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diki24 View Post
Congrats WDB!!, I have never seen Vista in black and it looks really gorgeous. how much did it cost? I am planning hatchback for my wife.
The Safire aura retail invoice is for 3.88 Lacs plus a insurance for 15K and an RTO 20K along with 2.5 K for road tax; and i am sure i am missing some misc expenses as fees, etc; roughly that the cost. This is after the duty cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups View Post
@WDB. Have you test-driven Palio Stile 1.1? If yes, could you please elaborate your experience with Stile as compared to vista saffire. There is hardly any comparison in TBHP with respect to comparison between stile1.1 and saffire.
Sorry, had not TD the stile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
Superbly written delivery experience! Congratulations on the Vista, WDB. Do spend some time reading up driver tips on the forum, as well as in understanding the behaviour of your new car. I wish you many years of motoring bliss.
Thats what i have been doing, the forum is definetly a treasure trove of information, at time it does take a bit of searching, but i am definately glued to it
Old 6th January 2009, 20:24   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB View Post

Experience so far has been excellent. No issues so far, though i have observed a sort of a low squeaky sound on applying the brake from the break padel. Apart from this no issue at all.

ICE is decent enough. Sorry, have not tried connecting any Aux.

Well i neither use the seat height nor steering tilt adjustment as i find the original setting suited to my style of driving. Did experiment with it though, but turned back to the original setting as it was more comfertable.

I would however recomend the Aura as it has many minor enhancement apart from the Dual tone interiors, 60:40 back seats, that would alter your expereince. Also i guess a tilt steering and height adjustment could come handy if someone apart from you might need it to drive.
Thanks for your responses. looking forward to your FE figures.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks