Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2009, 23:52   #46

awesome pics man , i too booked bmw 3 series 320 d highline. will take the delivery on 5th may 2009, looking forward to delivery, cant wait!
Old 18th April 2009, 14:40   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphin1 View Post
Thanks Patiencewins.

Feel of the car.(Handling)

The steering definitely is very heavy but it is very comfortable at high speeds.

Nice buy. When I had taken the TD for 325i I asked they sales guy if this car had power steering . A speed sensitive steering would be perfect for a car like this as it is tough driving in city conditions with a heavy one. But at higher speeds heavy feel for the control is perfect.
Old 18th April 2009, 20:10   #48
BHPian

Well , it does have a speed sensitive steering, just that it's a bit 'insensitve' to our Indian traffic crawls :P
Old 20th April 2009, 23:47   #49
BHPian

Congratz Diehard. Looking forward to 5th may and pics.What color did you book?
Haha so true neeld and Redeff, although the steering has never been a pain for me.Love it's responsiveness at high speeds
Old 21st April 2009, 09:23   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Those interiors in teracotta are just yummy. Man I love them.

The white exterior with the terra and black interiors with the splash of burr wood finish. Just love it. Perfect colour combination.
vid6639: I second that. White and teracotta is divine. Go with the wind, Sir!
Old 28th April 2009, 03:04   #51

Note from the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper english in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

ya brother , i booked white colour despite numerous efforts made by sales exucutives of bmw to convince me , not to buy white colour ...... i dont why but acc to me bmw looks extra sexier and sportier in white ........ i personally cant seem to find any trouble with the hard steering , i actually think it helps control the car better and u get more of the feel of the car , currently since my car hasnt been delivered yet the audi and mercedes ppl are anoying the hell outta me , by constantly calling and comming to my home to and asking me to rethink my decision and buy their car , although acc to me the only close competion to bmw 320d highline is audi a4 , but i think the car lack's identity of its own , it doesnt come in out and out luxury catageory like merc and niether does it completely scream a sports car........although audi did make quite a good effort to make this new audi a4 more sportier.... but i always wanted a bimmer , so i m goin for it .....will post pics when i get delivery of my car.............

Last edited by GTO : 4th May 2009 at 18:16.
diehard22 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 28th April 2009, 03:15   #52

ya man i booked white colour , will post pics as soon as possible.............
Old 4th May 2009, 15:20   #53
BHPian

Congratulations

The BMW is definitely fun to buy and where it has edge over A4 is the tensions free ownership.
So enjoy your purchase as you have bought an excellent product.
Cheers
Old 4th May 2009, 19:57   #54

ya brother , i booked white colour despite numerous efforts made by sales executives of bmw to convince me , not to buy white colour. i dont know why but according to me bmw looks extra sexier and sportier in white. i personally cant seem to find any trouble with the hard steering , i actually think it helps control the car better and you get more of the feel of the car , currently since my car has not been delivered yet the audi and mercedes people are annoying the hell out of me , by constantly calling and comming to my home to and asking me to rethink my decision and buy their car , although according to me the only close competion to bmw 320d highline is audi a4 , but i think the car lack's identity of its own , it does not come in out and out luxury catageory like mercedes and niether does it completely scream a sports car. although audi did make quite a good effort to make this new audi a4 more sportier, but i always wanted a bmw , so i m going for it.will post pictures when i get delivery of my car.
Old 6th May 2009, 22:24   #55
BHPian

Hey Your looks great. I was wondering the TV feature, what channels does it catch ??

Cheers

Omar
Old 13th October 2011, 18:57   #56
BHPian

Re: BMW 320D Highline initial review

@morphin!
Hi,
I'm sorry for reviving this post, but I was wondering (a couple of years down the line now) how the car is - unless you've up and done bought another car.
I'm essentially talking in terms of service costs, FE (not important, though it does help), spares and things of the like.
Plus, after a few years running, there's bound to be additional gained experience.
Would love to hear your thoughts on it.
Old 17th March 2013, 10:21   #57
BHPian

I have had the car for about 4 years now.
Car has clocked a little over 25,000 KMS.
No issues with Electrical's or Mechanical's so far. Everything works perfectly.
Had my rfts go flat on me 3 times, but the 3rd time i just repaired it and have been using the tire for over 2 years now without incidence.
Car has gone in for about 3 services.
Horn had to be replaced 2 times in the initial 2years but was covered by the BSI ultimate package.
Have used normal diesel and no issues.
Have not checked on the average I got but it is very good.
Deutsche Motoren is very good and my contact there is Mr Sanjeev Tyagi who has just sold me a new X3 and given me a fair deal for the old 3.
So any other question shoot away guys. Am happy with BMW so far, I feel they are more reliable than Merc/Audi.
Rest time will tell.
Cheers
morphin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2013, 12:34   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphin1 View Post
I have had the car for about 4 years now.
Car has clocked a little over 25,000 KMS.
No issues with Electrical's or Mechanical's so far. Everything works perfectly.
Had my rfts go flat on me 3 times, but the 3rd time i just repaired it and have been using the tire for over 2 years now without incidence.
Car has gone in for about 3 services.
Horn had to be replaced 2 times in the initial 2years but was covered by the BSI ultimate package.
Have used normal diesel and no issues.
Have not checked on the average I got but it is very good.
Deutsche Motoren is very good and my contact there is Mr Sanjeev Tyagi who has just sold me a new X3 and given me a fair deal for the old 3.
So any other question shoot away guys. Am happy with BMW so far, I feel they are more reliable than Merc/Audi.
Rest time will tell.
Cheers
Any reason you're going for an X3? I am being offered a 0% scheme for the X3 advantage model from BMW. I am considering it as an replacement for mt Corolla but cannot make up my mind. Plus there's a serious dearth of X3 ownerships, reviews and comments on teambhp. Just wanted to know your reasoning for choosing an X3. Just want your perspective.
abs182 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2013, 14:16   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs182 View Post
Any reason you're going for an X3? I am being offered a 0% scheme for the X3 advantage model from BMW. I am considering it as an replacement for mt Corolla but cannot make up my mind. Plus there's a serious dearth of X3 ownerships, reviews and comments on teambhp. Just wanted to know your reasoning for choosing an X3. Just want your perspective.
My reasonings are simple.
1. I have already had a good experience with BMW and their dealer Deutsche Motoren.
2. I need a small SUV to get around in city and one that can be taken on our excellent potted highways without worrying about under body damage etc.
3. I love the fit and finish and the cabin size of the X3.
4. X3 has just been relaunched last year so another 6 years at least before new model shows up, therefore I don't have to worry about model getting outdated soon.
5. BSI + Extended warranty=Peace of mind
6. Excellent resale value of BMW's
These are just a few points that come to mind.
Every brand speaks about it' owner so in the end go for what fits you right.
All in all X3 is a great LUV.
Oh and one more thing don't confuse X3 with Audi Q3. X3 competes with Audi Q5.
Cheers
Old 17th March 2013, 20:43   #60
BHPian

Here is another reason:

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks