Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2009, 19:44   #1
Senior - BHPian

The Swift Zxi is here!

Starting a new thread in this section is always a special feeling. A signal that you have arrived to rev-up those engines! I took delivery of my Swift Zxi on the 12th of Jan. Sorry for the delay as I was waiting for the perfect pics (which aint perfect anyways).

Prelude:
The itch to buy the 1st car started the moment I stepped out of B-school. Thats when Team-BHP became synonymous with Pagalguy, Orkut, Facebook and Google Reader for me. Used to read all the ownership reports, test drives, modifications, alloys, ICE and what not!

Thought I'd book a car with my 1st salary, but then life has some other plans. N82, house deposit, some appliances and all that followed. In the month of Aug, I'd decided to buy the Swift. I'd almost booked it at then OTR price of 5.91L with Rs 2000 discount. At the same time, my manager told me that I could move to an office very close to my home (200 mts), so I dropped the plan and started to wait for the i20. But deep within, the Swift is always the car I'd wanted. The way m4ugr8, s0uljah or recently noidaboy had modded it, I wanted to follow suit.

The i20 is here:
The day the i20 engine specs were out on Team-BHP, I'd chucked it out of my wishlist. No way I'd be one of the 1.2 buyers when Hyundai would definitely launch a better engine in less than a year. Dint even feel like checking it out.

So what next:
With a trip to the US looking very bleak, I thought I'd rather enjoy life back here. So started calling up dealers to check for prices and year end offers. The cars shortlisted were..

1: Maruti Swift Zxi
2: Skoda Fabia Ambiente 1.2
3: Ford Fiesta 1.6S
4: Hyundai i10 Asta

Top priority was on ABS and Airbags. Not that I was going to use on a day-to-day basis, but yes I am a sucker for safety!

I called up Gurudev Motors for the Fabia. The salesman told he'd call in 5 minutes. He called back after 5 days. When I informed him about the Swift, he said he'd arrange for finance! Haha

Ever since the Fiesta 1.6S was launched, I was in love with this car. Plus the reports on the forum as it being the best driver's car in the sub-10L category reinforced my urge to buy the 1.6S. But the missus had other plans. A strict no-no to sedans and I was back dialing up Maruti dealers in Chennai.

Hyundai i10 was rejected because its a smaller car. Not sporty enough. Not made for highways.. and I couldn't fit the Samurais on the i10.

The Booking:

Called up a couple of dealers. Most of them were ready to offer close to 20k year-end discount. I played the cat-hare game telling dealer A that B is offering 25k.. and telling B that C is offering 30k and all that. Finally Kapico Maruti was ready to offer 30k discount, and I thought I had enough. Decided to book the next day. Booked the Azure Grey Zxi on the 27th of December. Dealer initally told it would take atleast 30 days for an ABS model. But a couple of days later, he informs me about one customer willing to cancel his Zxi booking, and if I'd be ready to take that. What a question!

Finance was arranged as mentioned. It was a loan against FD. So I got the draft without any hassles on Jan 5th. Go for the Pre-registration check on the 6th of Jan. And make the complete payment on the same day. Thursday being a holiday, I was told that I'd be getting the vehicle delivered on Friday the 9th of Jan. I was already making weekend plans. But the fuel strike spoiled the party. The dealer was not able to take the vehicle to the RTO for registration. I blasted the dealer for improper planning and all that. He said I could take delivery of the vehicle even without registration. But I dint want to take the risk.

The D-Day:

On Monday the 12th, I reach Kapico at around 5 pm. Do the PDI check and listen to some gyaan from the service advisor. Check the papers and off I am! It was a great feeling. I headed straight to Raja Tyres, Royapettah for footwear change. Lenso Samurais and Yokohama A-Drives. I got the brake callipers painted red, only to repaint them silver the next day. Since the missus dint like them. I got Llumar SR35 fitted on 14th. But since it wasnt done properly, I got them reinstalled today.

I'd like to thank Team-BHP for making the 1st car ownership a smooth process, and in the meantime making me realise that the stock tyres are crap and make my wallet lighter! Only on Team-BHP can one figure out that modifications on the Swift is like a bottomless pit.

Special thanks to iraghava, nitrous and raxx.

Future mods planned are:
1: ICE Upgrade - HU remains stock. Plan to add Comps and Coax.
2: Projectors/Angel Eyes
3: Art Leather G-Sport

Planning a visit to Evo in a fortnight (after the 1st service) for the same.

Here are a few pics.. (as I mentioned earlier, they are no way good)

Cheers,
Anil
Attached Thumbnails
The Swift Zxi is here!-imgp3305-up.jpg  

The Swift Zxi is here!-imgp3322-up.jpg  

The Swift Zxi is here!-imgp3317-up.jpg  

The Swift Zxi is here!-imgp3334-up.jpg  

Old 18th January 2009, 19:49   #2
BHPian

thats one cool looking swift dude!! cheers:
waiting for pics with the projectors now. enjoy your new ride and drive safe.
Old 18th January 2009, 19:52   #3
Senior - BHPian

FountainHead,

Congrats on your new ride! Wishing you many many miles of happy motoring!

Seems like you had your need-to-do list ready and was just waiting for the car!

Way to go, mate!
Old 18th January 2009, 19:56   #4
VMG
BHPian

Congratulations man!

what is final On the road price after all discount.

Enjoy and safe drive.
Old 18th January 2009, 19:57   #5
BHPian

Nics Pics !! I've also started to love my One and a half year old Black Swift Vxi after seeing the specs & prices of i20..

Always wanted to change for i20, but now looking for further mods on my black beauty, dont know if .. Any way cheers:
Old 18th January 2009, 19:59   #6
Senior - BHPian

wot? no performance mods planned ?
Old 18th January 2009, 19:59   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG View Post
Congratulations man!

what is final On the road price after all discount.

Enjoy and safe drive.
Thanks guys!

HappyWheels - Yeah, I guess the plans were already in place

VMG,
The final OTR price was 5.43L. I guess the car is a Nov 08 make (Atleast the doors had a 16 Nov 08 sticker attached).

greenie boy.. lets talk about it after I do 5k kms
Old 18th January 2009, 20:04   #8
BHPian

Congrats! Great alloys
Old 18th January 2009, 21:20   #9
BHPian

Congratulations on your new beauty.Nice tasty alloys.
Old 18th January 2009, 21:30   #10
Team-BHP Support

Very the goods and congrats!!! So when is the first waxing session due ?

And if you are at it, remove the Kapico Maruti sticker. Put a team bhp one instead
Old 18th January 2009, 22:19   #11
BHPian

Nice color and pics... I have also booked Vdi here in chandigarh. When i get the car, i was also planing to change the rims to alloys and tyres. Could you pls tell me howmuch did both mod cost? Also please let me know the specification for the same.
Old 18th January 2009, 22:24   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Put a team bhp one instead
where does one get such a sticker
Old 18th January 2009, 22:28   #13
Team-BHP Support

If you are in Delhi, then you get it from Suman (provided he has some left). Else get a couple made at any sticker/number plate shop.
Old 18th January 2009, 22:35   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Fountainheader congrats -the pictures are quite nice and the car is aesthetically done up.Looks chic.
But wish MSIL had given such discounts on the VDi Swift and DZire.
Old 18th January 2009, 23:05   #15
Senior - BHPian

Anil Bhai!! Congrats!!! The alloys are awesome. Treat Treat

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks